Forums: Animation: 500 Reasons we Hate Disney Channel

MysticMatt

[41]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 8

SafTLiner2D wrote:
    I'm sorry, what I'm saying is that animation is not what it used to be anymore. Plus, I'm working freelance on a project that will hopefully change the way kids view cartoons.

And what might this project be?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SafTLiner2D

[42]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 7
    I can't tell you, it's a secret.

MysticMatt

[43]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 8
    Can you PM me about it? I want to major in 2D animation and I would love to hear about this project you are working on, even if its just a tiny summary.

Isamar12

[44]Jan 2, 2009
    • level: 2
    Hannah Montanna Nuff Said.

moonlightenvy

[45]Jan 2, 2009
    • level: 10
    Hannah Montana, hands down

SafTLiner2D

[46]Jan 16, 2009

For those of you who haven't heard, Toon Disney is expected to end on February 17, 2009 and replaced with Disney XD. Let me tell you people, this situation is getting more trashier by the year! Someone needs to end this monstrosity!

SafTLiner2D

[47]Jan 19, 2009

What is wrong with you Disney executives (the ones who only care about money, that is)? I bet you don't understand that most of the shows such as the Sweet Life of Zack and Cody, Hannah Montana, etc. are not helping kids learn stuff, except for the Playhouse Disney stuff for preschoolers maybe. I also know that you don't care since your heads are all clouded up with just making money. Think back of when you were all kids, if you haven't forgotten, and when there was actually good quality stuff. And for you executives who have kids, I hope you're thinking of what will happen to your child's future if they keep watching stuff like Hannah Montana and Sweet Life. They could end up like those other kids who watch this garbage all the time and not learn anything: hopeless without a future, not able to get into college, nor even get a job or career! Come on, there's more to life than just profits. I mean think of those foreign cartoons that sort of helped kids learn about the world we live in, but they were enjoyable. I mean, Cosgrove Hall's the Wind in the Willows and the BFG had better music and better storylines than this stuff you call "entertainment." Besides the Great Mouse Detective, these and other movies and shows from other countries in the past, which are too numerous to name, mentally took kids to places in many parts of the world. I have been on YouTube a lot and I can tell you that people in my generation are not very happy about what you're doing and want this trash to end. I don't mean to go too far, but think of what will happen when people start disapproving of your stuff, and then you create new stuff that's just as bad, maybe even worse. You'd not only lose money, but you'd lose the trust of your viewers as well. Listen, I know you're not going to make any promises, but I want you to try to understand this. I know things depend on generations, but I don't want the next generation of kids to end up with garbage in their minds. And any other readers who are aware of what's going on, I hope you'll pass this on to others. Thank you.

SafTLiner2D

[48]Jan 30, 2009

The only thing I can say about the executives who don't care about quality anymore: "Any executive who just cares about profits should drown in their own money!"

vegetarian_jcer

[49]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 11

TV executives only care about MONEY? Oh, sh*t, there goes my childhood. Really now, what did you expect? Also, Hannah Montanna and Suite Life aren't supposed to be educational. Neither were the "good quality" shows you watched back in the day. (And when the TV executives were kids, I'm pretty sure their shows were conceived on acid.) I can guarantee that 10 years from now, those kids'll be reminiscing about the "good ol' days" when Disney had had live action tweeny-bopper shows. Don't triple post, by the way. We got your point in the first post.

Edit: OK, after fully reading your second post, I feel that I need to make a comment. I love how you're concerned about the educational values of TV shows, and going so far to say that the kids watching these shows nowadays will never go to college or amount to anything. See there's one little flaw in your argument... You know, the fact that kids go to school and that's where they learn the necessary information to get into college? Since when were we supposed to be raised by the TV?

Edited on 02/01/2009 8:13am

SafTLiner2D

[50]Feb 3, 2009
    My apologies. The good quality shows that aren't educational might have inspired some kids to be good cartoonists and hopefully try to save good quality in the 21st century. Except for the morning kids shows and Phineas and Ferb which attracted 1.29 million kids, Disney channel has had low ratings since last year, mainly in the Disney primetime slots.

creamylemon

[51]Feb 4, 2009
    i completely agree...it all sucks

SafTLiner2D

[52]Feb 5, 2009
    But there is a bit of good news, I read from a source yesterday evening that with John Lasseter in charge, they plan on bringing Disney's Icon Mickey Mouse back to the screen, and hopefully TV, but with a little change in personality, since he's turned 80. It's just a matter of when.

vegetarian_jcer

[53]Feb 5, 2009
    SafTLiner2D wrote:
    My apologies. The good quality shows that aren't educational might have inspired some kids to be good cartoonists and hopefully try to save good quality in the 21st century. Except for the morning kids shows and Phineas and Ferb which attracted 1.29 million kids, Disney channel has had low ratings since last year, mainly in the Disney primetime slots.

That wasn't my point, but whatever.

If they're bringing back Mickey, I want them to also bring back the oldschool Donald Duck that was a total @$$. And not make some sort of Three Musketeers crap again.

SafTLiner2D

[54]Feb 5, 2009
    My thoughts exactly. And I get your point, it's not television that supposed to raise kids, it's the parents. I'm just mad at today's entertainment.

Medimorpha

[55]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 3
    Disney channel is not the Disney we grew up with, I'll agree with that. Heck, even anime and video games contain more "Disney" than Disney Channel!!! Example: Kingdom Hearts :333

Speckledorfed

[56]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 26

Here's a reason to hate Disney Channel... Here's an example. So we take The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, a show about two twin BOYS in a hotel. Almost all the advertisements I see have to do with London. London! Seriously, Zack and Cody are the main characters. However, Disney want's girls to be fashion zombies, so they give them all this London crap. Phineas and Ferb does it too, and I think Dave the Barbarian and Even Stevens did it as well. (Correct me if I'm wrong!) So for the boys, they change Toon Disney (a channel that was already dying) and totally killed it and turned it into Disney XD. Grah!

Sorry... I needed to express that in a rant.

dancingbeatle

[57]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 45
    Bad enough in the fall of '07 they moved toon disney to a channel that most people probably don't have, and now this. What ever happened to Vault Disney and the old live action specials and movies?
    Edited on 03/28/2009 11:16pm

mallory5028

[58]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 2
    I really dislike the new Disney. All the new movies and sitcoms, I just can't stand them. I have a six year old sister though, and she just loves it, so I end up listening to and watching it a lot more than I'd like to. The thing that probably bothers me the most is that everyone has to be a singer. Seriously. I've seen music videos for Emily Osment (Lily from Hannah Montanna), Mitchell Musso (Oliver from Hannah Montanna. Did I spell his name right?) and Selena Gomez. Ick. And there was this other girl who's name I forget, but she was in Camp Rock, and it wasn't Demi Lovato. She sang a song for that movie 'Space Buddies'. And the worst part is that no matter how bad they sing, little kids will say, "Oh! She was in Hannah Montanna!" and eat it up.

SafTLiner2D

[59]Feb 23, 2009

Forget the thing about generatiion Disney! What's the matter with you? Don't like cartoons from other countries anymore?

dancingbeatle

[60]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 45
    mallory5028 wrote:
    I really dislike the new Disney. All the new movies and sitcoms, I just can't stand them. I have a six year old sister though, and she just loves it, so I end up listening to and watching it a lot more than I'd like to. The thing that probably bothers me the most is that everyone has to be a singer. Seriously. I've seen music videos for Emily Osment (Lily from Hannah Montanna), Mitchell Musso (Oliver from Hannah Montanna. Did I spell his name right?) and Selena Gomez. Ick. And there was this other girl who's name I forget, but she was in Camp Rock, and it wasn't Demi Lovato. She sang a song for that movie 'Space Buddies'. And the worst part is that no matter how bad they sing, little kids will say, "Oh! She was in Hannah Montanna!" and eat it up.
    I've noticed that too. I guess everyone has a music contract as well.