TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Forums: Animation: 500 reasons why we hate 4kids

 
  • Avatar of DaVulture

    DaVulture

    [81]Jun 24, 2007
    • member since: 07/08/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 2,445
    87. Alfred Khan the Chairman and CEO thinks it's acceptable to make total crap television, and somehow he is a millionaire and garnering thousands of awards.
    Edited on 06/23/2007 11:55pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of anie_love

    anie_love

    [82]Jun 24, 2007
    • member since: 05/30/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,032
    88. Although Kahn has a point in the "kids don't want to read today", he thinks every single sign on a bottle or something, makes kids go "Oh no reading!" and so he takes those things out. Plus he steryotypes as well thinking that everyone in a school room will have there I-pods out while that everyone in Japan should have a 1000 page manga, and that my friends, is why Kahn is a idiot.
    Edited on 06/24/2007 4:53am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of benb15

    benb15

    [83]Jun 24, 2007
    • member since: 10/13/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,777

    I couldn't have said it better myself.I like reading my FullMetal Alchemist volumes and some other animes and I don't bring I-pods to school(I have one but I'd rather not get it confiscated)

    89.Any African American characters get edited into Causcasian characters.That's trying to prevent racism eh?More like PROMOTING racism.Show some respect towards ethnic elements!

    Edited on 06/24/2007 6:42am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bryanoftoons

    bryanoftoons

    [84]Jun 24, 2007
    • member since: 04/26/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,326
    But I like 4Kids. You guys just overact
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Emperor26

    Emperor26

    [85]Jun 24, 2007
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,652
    90.) 4Kids will do just about anything to convince studios from Japan to give them rights for one of their animes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nicktoonsfan

    Nicktoonsfan

    [86]Jun 24, 2007
    • member since: 05/01/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 101

    91. They are even worse than Viacom and Viz fused together.

    92. They make people stupid.

    93. They killed Pokemon, and gave birth to Viva Pinata.

    94. They censor everything, even if it isn't offensive nor explict!

    95. They actually make money off the horrible stuff they do.

    96. They kill every good show known to man with their bad dubbing.

    Edited on 06/24/2007 8:21am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of benb15

    benb15

    [87]Jun 24, 2007
    • member since: 10/13/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,777
    bryanoftoons wrote:
    But I like 4Kids. You guys just overact
    Well in my opinion,thney are idiots.Really I'm almost thirteen and they say kids can't read.Well I'm a kid technically,and If I can'tread,why else would I be wiriting posts like this?Technically,that's READING.And I haven't frequently played my Ipod so he can't say all kids would rather watch Ipods than read.I'm smart.But hey,I respect your opinion
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lequericacalvo

    lequericacalvo

    [88]Jun 24, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,404
    benb15 wrote:
    bryanoftoons wrote:
    But I like 4Kids. You guys just overact
    Well in my opinion,thney are idiots.Really I'm almost thirteen and they say kids can't read.Well I'm a kid technically,and If I can'tread,why else would I be wiriting posts like this?Technically,that's READING.And I haven't frequently played my Ipod so he can't say all kids would rather watch Ipods than read.I'm smart.But hey,I respect your opinion


    It's a good opinion.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of benb15

    benb15

    [89]Jun 24, 2007
    • member since: 10/13/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,777
    lequericacalvo wrote:
    benb15 wrote:
    bryanoftoons wrote:
    But I like 4Kids. You guys just overact
    Well in my opinion,thney are idiots.Really I'm almost thirteen and they say kids can't read.Well I'm a kid technically,and If I can'tread,why else would I be wiriting posts like this?Technically,that's READING.And I haven't frequently played my Ipod so he can't say all kids would rather watch Ipods than read.I'm smart.But hey,I respect your opinion
    It's a good opinion.
    coming from the mouth of a twelve year old too.I happen to bea kid and yet nearly none of these dubs impress me in any way.I refuse to watch any dubs from 4kids when he said that kids don't read so he just lost a viewer he can kiss brainwashing me goodbye
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mother3_GBA

    Mother3_GBA

    [90]Jun 24, 2007
    • member since: 08/09/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,296
    benb15 wrote:
    lequericacalvo wrote:
    benb15 wrote:
    bryanoftoons wrote:
    But I like 4Kids. You guys just overact
    Well in my opinion,thney are idiots.Really I'm almost thirteen and they say kids can't read.Well I'm a kid technically,and If I can'tread,why else would I be wiriting posts like this?Technically,that's READING.And I haven't frequently played my Ipod so he can't say all kids would rather watch Ipods than read.I'm smart.But hey,I respect your opinion
    It's a good opinion.
    coming from the mouth of a twelve year old too.I happen to bea kid and yet nearly none of these dubs impress me in any way.I refuse to watch any dubs from 4kids when he said that kids don't read so he just lost a viewer he can kiss brainwashing me goodbye


    I happen to be a kid, too, despite my age...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lequericacalvo

    lequericacalvo

    [91]Jun 25, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,404
    Thid thread is going good , but I have another reason to hate 4kids; Kirby´s dub, is almost terrible as One Piece dub... maybe worse.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of anie_love

    anie_love

    [92]Jun 25, 2007
    • member since: 05/30/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,032

    Mother3_GBA wrote:
    benb15 wrote:
    lequericacalvo wrote:
    benb15 wrote:
    bryanoftoons wrote:
    But I like 4Kids. You guys just overact
    Well in my opinion,thney are idiots.Really I'm almost thirteen and they say kids can't read.Well I'm a kid technically,and If I can'tread,why else would I be wiriting posts like this?Technically,that's READING.And I haven't frequently played my Ipod so he can't say all kids would rather watch Ipods than read.I'm smart.But hey,I respect your opinion
    It's a good opinion.
    coming from the mouth of a twelve year old too.I happen to bea kid and yet nearly none of these dubs impress me in any way.I refuse to watch any dubs from 4kids when he said that kids don't read so he just lost a viewer he can kiss brainwashing me goodbye
    I happen to be a kid, too, despite my age...

    I'm a kid too and my age is(you will never find out ).

    Don't worry I'm not an old man, I'm still in my teens.

    Edited on 06/25/2007 10:17am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of benb15

    benb15

    [93]Jun 25, 2007
    • member since: 10/13/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,777
    anie_love wrote:

    Mother3_GBA wrote:
    benb15 wrote:
    lequericacalvo wrote:
    benb15 wrote:
    bryanoftoons wrote:
    But I like 4Kids. You guys just overact
    Well in my opinion,thney are idiots.Really I'm almost thirteen and they say kids can't read.Well I'm a kid technically,and If I can'tread,why else would I be wiriting posts like this?Technically,that's READING.And I haven't frequently played my Ipod so he can't say all kids would rather watch Ipods than read.I'm smart.But hey,I respect your opinion
    It's a good opinion.
    coming from the mouth of a twelve year old too.I happen to bea kid and yet nearly none of these dubs impress me in any way.I refuse to watch any dubs from 4kids when he said that kids don't read so he just lost a viewer he can kiss brainwashing me goodbye
    I happen to be a kid, too, despite my age...

    I'm a kid too and my age is(you will never find out ).

    Don't worry I'm not an old man, I'm still in my teens.

    If Kahn thinks his crap telivision will meet my needs for entertainment,he has it wrong,I'm one of the lucky ones he didn't corrupt
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Matt_Purosky

    Matt_Purosky

    [94]Jun 26, 2007
    • member since: 01/02/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 4,784

    OK, I like 4Kids too, and some of these things aren't 4Kids' fault. Losing Pokémon was inevitable for them, as Pokémon USA was to have everything Pokémon in the US, but they weren't formed until 2001 and in 1998, 4Kids acquired a contract to keep Pokémon until December 31, 2005.

    Also, it was FOX that wouldn't let them air the TMNT episode "Insane in the Membrane". That's why it's on the Season 4 DVD.

    And Kahn said kids don't read, not can't read. He does kind of have a point. Studies do show that more kids use the internet and TV than books. Even if you prefer reading to TV and internet, the majority of kids (and even adults too) don't. However, what surprised me is when I was scanning Borders sites, I found 4Kids releasing childrens' novelizations of Winx Club and One Piece episodes.

    There are a few things I do hate about 4Kids.

    97. Sanji's voice in One Piece

    98. Rigging the "You Pick it, We Play it" poll from 2004

    99. Skipping so many Yu-Gi-Oh! episodes on their network

    100. The unnecessary editing in One Piece. I didn't mind it, and it didn't decrease my enjoyment of the show, but it contradicts something Kahn said, something like "the only money that can be made to pay for the acquisition required editing" or something. Yu-Gi-Oh! was edited to the bare minimum of the FCC standards to make it a TV-Y7 rating, but OP just did some things for no apparent reason. I can understand the guns, blood, cleavage, cigarettes, alcohol, etc., but adding/removing characters from scenes, removing English words... that's just unnecessary. But editing costs money. That's probably what did 4Kids in and made them give up the license.

    Edited on 06/26/2007 7:12am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of benb15

    benb15

    [95]Jun 26, 2007
    • member since: 10/13/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,777

    I'm still p*ssed at Kahn for saying kids don't read.What does that make me?The guy must think i'm some sort of idiot well if I was typing this post,that would be considered READING.

    101.Painfully obvious edits

    102.The so called "action" in his dubs is toward Power Ranger standards

    Edited on 06/26/2007 8:31am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of benb15

    benb15

    [96]Jun 27, 2007
    • member since: 10/13/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,777
    Is anyone going to post?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of anie_love

    anie_love

    [97]Jun 27, 2007
    • member since: 05/30/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,032

    103. Destroying anime one by one(who knows what they will do next).

    104. Brainwashing my sister even more(as if she could be any more of snob).

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of benb15

    benb15

    [98]Jun 27, 2007
    • member since: 10/13/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,777
    I hope my cousin doesnt buy those Bratz
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of warnerbroman

    warnerbroman

    [99]Jun 27, 2007
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 4,161
    105.changing fox box
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of warnerbroman

    warnerbroman

    [100]Jun 27, 2007
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 4,161
    106. ruining one piece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
    Edited on 06/27/2007 6:52pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.