Forums: Animation: 500 Reasons why we hate nick

Sony931

[62]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 17
    xplush86x wrote:

125. Cancelling shows to reap in the profits of  selling ads but paying nothing for production. Did anybody say Nicktoons Network?

(if thats not good enough 125. Not opening the Time Capsule outside of nickelodeon studios that was buried years ago!)

Actually , the Time Capsule has been buried since of 1980's. It has yet to be about 50 years.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BigEOT3

[63]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 11

126.SpongeBob becomes a drug infecting Nick, with over a billion hours a year filled with him.

127.Can't admit defeat because they won't create their own original anime programs[aimed towards kids] with animation by anime studios Kyoto Animation[Full Metal Panic Second Raid, Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiya] and AIC[Tenchi Muyo, Ah My Goddess, etc.] and dubbing from Funimation. I would like it if they at least made one original anime property.

-Blackstar-

[64]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 8
    BigEOT3 wrote:

126.SpongeBob becomes a drug infecting Nick, with over a billion hours a year filled with him.

127.Can't admit defeat because they won't create their own original anime programs[aimed towards kids] with animation by anime studios Kyoto Animation[Full Metal Panic Second Raid, Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiya] and AIC[Tenchi Muyo, Ah My Goddess, etc.] and dubbing from Funimation. I would like it if they at least made one original anime property.

Nick did create one anime-style series, Avatar: the last Airbender. And anyway, stop me if you've heard this but Anime is NOT the solution to every network's problems! You, like too many other people on the internet (this forum in particular) tend to worship anime just BECAUSE it's anime, as if the animation from Japan is automatically superior to animation from every and any other nation. Nick could never produce an anime series until Doomsday, for all I care. Just as long as they made some shows that were worth watching.

Your solution to every thing is "More anime!". You're like a broken mp3. You need to just stop watching Nick altogether and subscribe to Anime Network. 

Edited on 04/27/2007 1:50pm
    Edited 3 total times.

BigEOT3

[65]Apr 27, 2007
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    BigEOT3 wrote:

127.Can't admit defeat because they won't create their own original anime programs[aimed towards kids] with animation by anime studios Kyoto Animation[Full Metal Panic Second Raid, Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiya] and AIC[Tenchi Muyo, Ah My Goddess, etc.] and dubbing from Funimation. I would like it if they at least made one original anime property.

Nick did create one anime-style series, Avatar: the last Airbender. And anyway, stop me if you've heard this but Anime is NOT the solution to every network's problems! You, like too many other people on the internet (this forum in particular) tend to worship anime just BECAUSE it's anime, as if the animation from Japan is automatically superior to animation from every and any other nation. Nick could never produce an anime series until Doomsday, for all I care. Just as long as they made some shows that were worth watching.

Your solution to every thing is "More anime!". You're like a broken mp3. You need to just stop watching Nick altogether and subscribe to Anime Network. 

I like anime okay. But I do hate Nickelodeon. So thanks to the internet, I can get my anime news. Nick just has bad actors like Jamie Lynn Spears.

-Blackstar-

[66]Apr 27, 2007
    Well, no one is arguing Nick's suckitude. I'm just saying that it's pointless to wait for Nick to become an anime channel. Myself, I'd like for someone to buy ABC Family from Disney and turn it into a channel for cutting edge animation aimed at 18-35 year olds, but, sadly, that's not going to happen.
    Edited on 04/27/2007 2:50pm

-Silverstar-

[67]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 9

I like some anime, but I haven't like every single anime that I've ever seen, nor do I think all anime is great simply because it's anime. I'm impartial to realize that there are just as many sucky and mediocre animes as there are brilliant ones and that not every single show or channel on TV needs to be an anime or show anime. I like superhero shows, but does that mean that Nick should become an all-superhero channel to improve itself? Of course not.

I've said this before, but Nick doesn't need to go anime (nor will it ever do so, since it's a network for kids, not teenage anime lovers, and it will remain the kids' network unless it suddenly falls under new ownership and/or miraculously switches formats); Nick needs better quality shows which don't suck and to stop trying to imitate The Disney Channel with these incessant, unfunny, interchangeable 'tweenybopper' sitcoms. The last thing the world needs is more Lizzie McGuire clones.

Edited on 04/27/2007 2:32pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Sony931

[68]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 17

-Blackstar- wrote:
    Well, no one is arguing Nick's suckitude. I'm just saying that it's pointless to wait for Nick to become an anime channel. Myself, I'd like for TechTV to come back and kill G4, so that it would return to being an informative tech channel, but, sadly, that's not going to happen.

Not if a big-time entertainment company can buy it.

BigEOT3

[69]Apr 27, 2007

I am sorry about the anime talk. It's just that they have better designs than Fairly Odd Parents and others.

Anyway, Nick has the evil show LazyTown. One suggestion is to replace TEENick with an Music Video block with live performances by emo bands like Fall Out Boy, etc. I hate Jamie Lynn Spears, Naked Brothers Band, Drake and Josh[the show], etc.

128.Worst programing blocks ever.

129.PickBoy[a rip-off of the wrestler The Hurricane aka Gregory Helms].

130.No respect for their fans, they don't take their show ideas.

131.Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour 3:This TV MOVIE sucks and I rather be watching Spaceballs.

Edited on 04/27/2007 2:58pm

BigEOT3

[70]Apr 27, 2007

132.As Told By Ginger.

133.Danny Phantom's voice.

TheFatalFury

[71]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 12
    -Silverstar- wrote:

28. They air Drake & Josh. 'Nuff said.

29. They stopped airing Rocko's Modern Life. (Though the reruns air on Nicktoons Network.)

30. They kept All That going even after all the funny cast members left and it started to suck noodles.

31. They gave Amanda Bynes her own show. again, 'nuff said.

Amanda Bynes is coming back to Nick....whhhhy?

134. When TeeNick cursed the scene 135. Jimmy/Timmy power hour, as if those two kids weren't ugly enough in their own universes.

136. Danny Phantics thinking that Danny can out-hunt the Ghostbusters and beat down Ghost Rider with ease.

137. Danny Freaking Phantom everything about that show sucks big fat eggs. From the villians,to the theme song and down to the whole concept sucked. The only redeeming value that show had was it sparked my interest to learn Esperanto, which is a pretty cool language that sounds like Italian.

P.S.

BIGEOT3 nice comment about El Tigre and LAX.

Edited on 04/27/2007 4:10pm

talonmalon333

[72]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 27
    BigEOT3 wrote:

I think that's enough SpongeBob SquarePants talk.

arigold1

[73]May 5, 2007
    • level: 4
    138. SPongebob sucks
    139. Nick/Viacom Is to Grimy to sell copyrights to old shows for dvds.
    140. Everyone here knows that theyre NOT going to start nick rewind back up.
    141. If they do start rewind back up not for like 4 more years.
    142. Kids wont even want to watch there childhood shows when there older because they SUCK so bad

FMA102

[74]May 8, 2007
    • level: 10
    143. THEY CANCELLED INVADER ZIM, FFS! (Probably been said before.)

ying101

[75]May 9, 2007
    FMA102 wrote:
    143. THEY CANCELLED INVADER ZIM, FFS! (Probably been said before.)

Don't you like nick? ( avatar picture)

beauty10

[76]May 19, 2007
    They take off good shows like Rugrats or Martin Mystery and replace them with idiotic shows like El tigre or Naked Brothers Band.Allthey have is Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents.

brago_lover

[77]May 20, 2007
    • level: 3
    145 (I think):Spongebob and nick at nite are the only good shows on there

brago_lover

[78]May 20, 2007
    • level: 3

146. The Kids' Choice Awards of 2007 =[

147. They think slime and burgers are funny.

darklordavaitor

[79]May 20, 2007
    • level: 21
    brago_lover wrote:

147. They think slime and burgers are funny.

But, slime is funny, and we hardly see it anymore.

Megagents

[80]May 20, 2007
    • level: 4

:
    But, slime is funny, and we hardly see it anymore.

Hey yeah! Slime is the basic foundation in which Nick was founded!

148. Although it was doomed from the start, they never gave All Grown Up a chance.