Forums: Animation: Best Female anime character.

Foggle

[41]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 18
    skaizun wrote:
    I applaud your attempt to bring some measure of intelligence, if not depth, to this thread, but, as I'm sure you know, the vast majority of male anime viewers could care less about the personalities of the female characters, and more about the females' physical attributes. Why else would characters such as Ghost in the Shell's 'Major' be clad in skin-tight clothing (where - - ahem - - 45's are very useful on the combat field, I'm sure), not to mention the adult women of Naruto who are armed with bountiful bosoms (critical accessories for every ninja, of course!). I could go on, but I think that'll keep folks 'abreast' of my opinion.

I could care less what the character looks like, as long as they're interesting/funny/awesome. Just so happens that almost every anime female is drawn to be visually pleasing, or else their personality is written to be awful as well. It's the same way with the male characters, really, except the likeable ones are usually drawn to be badass instead of attractive.

P.S: I love your well written posts. Just wanted to point that out.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Angus_Mac

[42]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 71
    There are plenty of female anime characters that can be visually appealing. But they all look the same to someone not familiar with the particular series. I visit one of my buddy's blogs who has an Anime Babe of the Day, and can rarely ever tell who those people are, and I'd like to think I've seen enough anime to know what I'm talking about, but maybe I haven't. They have those typically large and vacant eyes, and pick a random hair color or hairstyle, and average personality. And some definitely have the large chest or other body parts, so of course those characters visually appeal. In those new series, I sometimes expect the girl to transcend the stereotype, but then they don't, it gets boring quick, especially with shows featuring a lot of girls.

Priest-Ohm

[43]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 15
    Foggle wrote:
    skaizun wrote:
    I applaud your attempt to bring some measure of intelligence, if not depth, to this thread, but, as I'm sure you know, the vast majority of male anime viewers could care less about the personalities of the female characters, and more about the females' physical attributes. Why else would characters such as Ghost in the Shell's 'Major' be clad in skin-tight clothing (where - - ahem - - 45's are very useful on the combat field, I'm sure), not to mention the adult women of Naruto who are armed with bountiful bosoms (critical accessories for every ninja, of course!). I could go on, but I think that'll keep folks 'abreast' of my opinion.

I could care less what the character looks like, as long as they're interesting/funny/awesome. Just so happens that almost every anime female is drawn to be visually pleasing, or else their personality is written to be awful as well. It's the same way with the male characters, really, except the likeable ones are usually drawn to be badass instead of attractive.

OMG OMG OMG Tifa Lockhart is SO HOTTTTT!~

Foggle

[44]Apr 28, 2008

Angus_Mac wrote:
    There are plenty of female anime characters that can be visually appealing. But they all look the same to someone not familiar with the particular series. I visit one of my buddy's blogs who has an Anime Babe of the Day, and can rarely ever tell who those people are, and I'd like to think I've seen enough anime to know what I'm talking about, but maybe I haven't. They have those typically large and vacant eyes, and pick a random hair color or hairstyle, and average personality. And some definitely have the large chest or other body parts, so of course those characters visually appeal. In those new series, I sometimes expect the girl to transcend the stereotype, but then they don't, it gets boring quick, especially with shows featuring a lot of girls.

One reason why Higurashi is so great, there are a ton of female characters, but none of them are stereotypical or simply there for eye candy. They actually have personalities and character development, etc.

Priest-Ohm wrote:
    Foggle wrote:
    skaizun wrote:

Your post is even funnier due to the fact that she isn't.

Edited on 04/28/2008 3:18pm

MysticMatt

[46]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop or Genkai from YYH
    Edited on 04/29/2008 4:56pm

2ndWonder

[48]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 5
    sara1015 wrote:
    Sango - InuYasha is really cool.
    i agree with this person.

Jonerd1990

[49]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    I'm going to say Maya from Tenjou Tenge.

ou8124q

[50]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 1
    Jonerd1990 wrote:

yep, im going to agree here

shinkansen1

[51]Apr 30, 2008
    Holy crap, I actually clicked the link.

Foggle

[52]Apr 30, 2008

shinkansen1 wrote:

There's actually some intelligent discussion up in heah, if you read the whole thread. D:

shinkansen1

[53]Apr 30, 2008
    Foggle wrote:

shinkansen1 wrote:

There's actually some intelligent discussion up in heah, if you read the whole thread. D:

Yeah, I read a few comments on the last page. I really do believe that what's-his-face is wrong about you-know-what. It really does bother me when someone comes to the conclusion that "not a single guy isn't perverted". I can honestly say that there are guys who have nothing else on their minds, like a few in my fourth period class. However, people like Foggle (who I assume is male) and I are just a mere handful of the exceptions to this presumption.

talonmalon333

[54]May 1, 2008
    • level: 27
    shinkansen1 wrote:
    Foggle wrote:

shinkansen1 wrote:

Yeah, I read a few comments on the last page. I really do believe that what's-his-face is wrong about you-know-what. It really does bother me when someone comes to the conclusion that "not a single guy isn't perverted". I can honestly say that there are guys who have nothing else on their minds, like a few in my fourth period class. However, people like Foggle (who I assume is male) and I are just a mere handful of the exceptions to this presumption.

I am also an exception. I have other things that I think about as well.

Miroku78

[55]May 4, 2008
    • level: 7
    Aiyyo, let ME twist the question. (As I assumed it would be)

"What female character most likely you'd f.p to." (just had to put that)

(I don't know about yall, but I watch CN anime and there's more bodies with bigger boobs than ever.)

some of the girls from BLEACH especially 3 certain ones. (2 major characters, 1 minor.)

Tsunade. (Though she's my favorite female anime character cause... Heck, if not for the competetion..she'd be the STRONGEST female anime character.)

(Wonder what American TV's trying to show to kids now...)

Miroku78

[56]May 4, 2008
    Jonerd1990 wrote:

I can bet 5 dollars I could find 10 users or people that'll put Tenjou Tenge on their top 5 list of "Female Anime characters to f.p. to." Cause, well you know.

Angus_Mac

[57]May 4, 2008
    • level: 71
    Yet more proof that best is not the same as most favorite.

Nean123

[58]May 6, 2008
    • level: 1
    I would have to say: Lucy/Nyuu from Elfen Lied. She truly is a work of art.

blackmagechris1

[59]May 8, 2008
    • level: 12
    Foggle wrote:

Angus_Mac wrote:

One reason why Higurashi is so great, there are a ton of female characters, but none of them are stereotypical or simply there for eye candy. They actually have personalities and character development, etc.

Priest-Ohm wrote:
    Foggle wrote:
    skaizun wrote:

Your post is even funnier due to the fact that she isn't.

You are odd to not to notice Tifa when playing FF7, I notice Aeris long before Advent Children made her White Materias bigger and before Kingdom Hearts in her 3D glory with a much better voice actor.(Don't know if voice improved in Crisis Core due to lack of PSP)

I admit if I see a character is sexy or attractive but I pay attention to a girl's personality. It seens I'm more attractive to certain girls with personalitys I like more than your usually babe of the month.

Edited on 05/08/2008 6:12pm

Zerocrossings

[60]May 11, 2008

Haruhi and Nagato. Their aweseome