Forums: Animation: Best Female anime character.

 
  • Avatar of qweasdzse

    qweasdzse

    [101]Jul 7, 2008
    • member since: 05/31/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,264
    Sakura from Naruto. Probably one of the most nuanced and developed heroines ever in mainstream shonen. Its hard to imagine that a genre that thrives so much on gimmick characters could have a character let alone a female one that develops so gradually throughout the course of the story from a genuine brat into a compassionate and dynamic character. Other reasons she's the best is because she can hold her own in a fight while still being a middle ground between the gurly girl and girl-with-balls-bigger-then-any-man archetypes, she has no sad past and doesn't flashback in the middle of battle and she is no doubt a badass.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RedRomanticide

    RedRomanticide

    [102]Jul 15, 2008
    • member since: 07/13/08
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 10

    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Serras Victoria (from the Hellsing manga and OVA series, not the TV series, because she's a whimp in the TV series ). Anyways, I don't really see why there is a is a thread on the best female character, rather than just a favorite character. But, Serras happens to be one of my favorite anime characters, so I thought I'd just post it here .

    agreed. Serras is pretty awesome. Most of the time the females get on my nerves becasue they always get high pitched voices or are too weak to hold their own, but i like Serras and Rukia (bleach)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ensatsu-ken

    ensatsu-ken

    [103]Jul 15, 2008
    • member since: 10/24/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,686

    RedRomanticide wrote:

    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Serras Victoria (from the Hellsing manga and OVA series, not the TV series, because she's a whimp in the TV series ). Anyways, I don't really see why there is a is a thread on the best female character, rather than just a favorite character. But, Serras happens to be one of my favorite anime characters, so I thought I'd just post it here .

    agreed. Serras is pretty awesome. Most of the time the females get on my nerves becasue they always get high pitched voices or are too weak to hold their own, but i like Serras and Rukia (bleach)

    Yeah, most female characters in anime are usually far too whiny, for my taste.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NaziTails

    NaziTails

    [104]Jul 15, 2008
    • member since: 07/16/08
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4
    All anime girls are slutz nd whorez.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ensatsu-ken

    ensatsu-ken

    [105]Jul 15, 2008
    • member since: 10/24/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,686
    NaziTails wrote:
    All anime girls are slutz nd whorez.


    Hmmm....Well, there is always the argument that....no wait, I can't really argue with that. He's got a point there .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Foggle

    Foggle

    [106]Jul 15, 2008
    • member since: 02/05/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,824
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

    RedRomanticide wrote:

    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Serras Victoria (from the Hellsing manga and OVA series, not the TV series, because she's a whimp in the TV series ). Anyways, I don't really see why there is a is a thread on the best female character, rather than just a favorite character. But, Serras happens to be one of my favorite anime characters, so I thought I'd just post it here .

    agreed. Serras is pretty awesome. Most of the time the females get on my nerves becasue they always get high pitched voices or are too weak to hold their own, but i like Serras and Rukia (bleach)

    Yeah, most female characters in anime are usually far too whiny, for my taste.

    What about the ones in Higurashi? :O

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ensatsu-ken

    ensatsu-ken

    [107]Jul 15, 2008
    • member since: 10/24/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,686
    Foggle wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

    RedRomanticide wrote:

    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Serras Victoria (from the Hellsing manga and OVA series, not the TV series, because she's a whimp in the TV series ). Anyways, I don't really see why there is a is a thread on the best female character, rather than just a favorite character. But, Serras happens to be one of my favorite anime characters, so I thought I'd just post it here .

    agreed. Serras is pretty awesome. Most of the time the females get on my nerves becasue they always get high pitched voices or are too weak to hold their own, but i like Serras and Rukia (bleach)

    Yeah, most female characters in anime are usually far too whiny, for my taste.

    What about the ones in Higurashi? :O

    I was referring to human female anime characters, not ones made up of pure evil, that must have been spawned from the devil himself .

    Edited on 07/15/2008 8:00pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Angus_Mac

    Angus_Mac

    [108]Jul 15, 2008
    • member since: 04/29/05
    • level: 71
    • rank: Bad News Bear
    • posts: 6,488
    Seras AND Rukia huh? Must be a Fumiko Orikasa fan

    Higurashi girls being Whiny? "You're lying! I can tell!"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Priest-Ohm

    Priest-Ohm

    [109]Jul 15, 2008
    • member since: 03/10/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,474
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    NaziTails wrote:
    All anime girls are slutz nd whorez.


    Hmmm....Well, there is always the argument that....no wait, I can't really argue with that. He's got a point there .

    no u
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ensatsu-ken

    ensatsu-ken

    [110]Jul 15, 2008
    • member since: 10/24/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,686
    Priest-Ohm wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    NaziTails wrote:
    All anime girls are slutz nd whorez.


    Hmmm....Well, there is always the argument that....no wait, I can't really argue with that. He's got a point there .

    no u


    lolololololololololololololololol....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tseirprednaxela

    tseirprednaxela

    [111]Jul 16, 2008
    • member since: 04/19/08
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 20

    Well, i think Victoria from Hellsing is the best among all the others... c`mon, she is a vampire!, how can u beat that?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of transanime

    transanime

    [112]Jul 20, 2008
    • member since: 05/07/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 195
    is naziTails watchin too much hentai ?
    you know there's more anime than that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajLorne

    MajLorne

    [113]Jul 21, 2008
    • member since: 01/31/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 3,468
    Eh, don't matter, he's probably a troll anyway.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of musashi_momo

    musashi_momo

    [114]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 08/23/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 73
    Well, i'd say...:
    Dragonball Z
    - Android 18 and Bulma.
    Skunk Fu
    - Fox.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PiscesChick93

    PiscesChick93

    [115]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 08/16/08
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 352
    Sora and Kari from Digimon and Sakura from Cardcaptors are my faves
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Music-Guy333

    Music-Guy333

    [116]Jun 1, 2010
    • member since: 03/25/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4

    sunkissedxhunny wrote:
    Maybe I'm wrong, but so far i haven't found a (very) likeable top heavy female anime character.


    gunswordfist wrote:
    Most anime females suck...


    RedRomanticide wrote:
    Most of the time the females get on my nerves becasue they always get high pitched voices or are too weak to hold their own,


    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Yeah, most female characters in anime are usually far too whiny, for my taste.


    NaziTails wrote:
    All anime girls are slutz nd whorez.


    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    NaziTails wrote:
    All anime girls are slutz nd whorez.
    Hmmm....Well, there is always the argument that....no wait, I can't really argue with that. He's got a point there .


    Okay, I know these are old posts, and this is an old thread, but nonetheless, I'm going to be the first one to call out you idiots on your immaturity.


    I hate anime fanbrats like you. I really f*cking do.Always b*tching and moaning about all the "stupid and weak and useless and whiny female characters in anime", do any of you have any idea how obnoxious that is? You fanbrats need to get your heads out of your asses and just watch the damn anime, and stop expecting every single female character to be huge, aggressive, man-hating amazons with butch haircuts who go around b*tch-slapping everything that moves. So a few females in anime don't fit into your obnoxious little idea of a "strong heroine", big deal. Not liking the damsel-in-distress types is perfectly understandable, but saying that all, or even the majority, of females in anime fit into that category is one the most ignorant piles of bullsh*t anyone has ever said. Also, just because a female character isn't a fire-breathing amazon doesn't mean she's weak and pathetic. Once again, get your heads out of your asses and quit it with that pathetic stereotype that strength only comes from the fist, because it damn well doesn't.And even putting that that aside, it is still incredibly stupid to say that not many females in anime can't fight. Seriously, just look at the TV Tropes "Action Girl" page and look at the manga/anime folder, and then look me straight in the eye and say that there aren't many female badasses in anime. I dare you.


    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ActionGirl


    Now, have we learned our lesson? Good.



    Now then, all that said and done, Here's my own list of favorite female anime characters, even if this is an old topic:


    Utena Tenjou from Revolutionary Girl Utena


    Lenalee Lee from D. Gray-Man


    Usagi Tsukino from Sailor Moon


    Yoruichi, Orihime, Rukia, Rangiku, Nel, Soifon, Harribel, Yachiru and Momo from Bleach


    Sango, Kagome, and Kikyo from Inuyasha


    Rosete Christopher from Chrono Crusade


    Revy from Black Lagoon


    Saber from Fate/Stay Night


    Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket


    Nagisa Furukawa from Clannad


    Ichigo Momomiya from Tokyo Mew Mew


    Maka Albarn from Soul Eater


    Yoko Littner from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann


    C.C., Kallen, Shirley, and Euphemia Code Geass


    Lucy from Elfen Lied


    Misato Katsuragi from Neon Genesis Evangelion


    Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya


    Shana from Shakugan no Shana


    Olivier Mira Armstron from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood


    Tenma Tsukamoto from School Rumble


    Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura


    Sakura Haruno from Naruto


    Konata Izumi from Lucky Star

    Edited on 06/01/2010 6:29pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ensatsu-ken

    ensatsu-ken

    [117]Jun 2, 2010
    • member since: 10/24/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,686
    So....According to you, one's level of maturity or immaturity is solely dependent on whether they approve of most female anime characters or not, and nothing more?....Interesting philosophy....

    But, if we shall discuss maturity, I should point out that mindlessly flaming, bashing, cursing at, and insulting those who you disagree with is in itself considered by many to be an act of immaturity, which lowers you to the level of those you deem to be immature in the first place (in this case me and the other people you quoted from ages ago), or even lower. There is an alternative that I often use when people say something I disagree with, even if said in a crude way without reasons. It goes something like: Well, do you have any actual "reasons" as to why you dislike 'such and such?' Though, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you didn't expect that anyone you quoted would actually still come to this site and respond to your message.

    And for the record, your reasons for why "we" do not like most or all female anime characters is purely based on your assumptions, being that none of us actually stated our reasons from those of us who you have quoted (for me it was mostly because I was too lazy to write it out at the time....and in fact still kind of am, now). I'll put it briefly, though: Most of the characters that you listed (especially Haruhi, Sakura, Leenalee, Konata, and the IY female characters, for example), are the exact reason for why most anime female characters that I have seen do not move me whatsoever. They are either highly cliche and/or selfish and/or obnoxious and/or unlikable to me, and they hardly get much development (Sakura is one of the few exceptions among them, but even in her developed form, I hardly care for her).

    You also never bothered to think that there were exceptions for any of us. In my case, such exceptions would be characters like Anna/Nina and Eva from Monster, Revy from Black Lagoon (the only one you listed who I personally agree with), Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho, and Yukiji from 20th Century Boys (well, she's a manga character, but she still counts). I like these characters because they are not cliche, are likable characters (or at least develop into a likable character, in the case of Eva), always have a clear purpose and role in the stories of their respective series, and will always put up with tough situations with the odds stacked against them, no matter how hopeless things look. I have not found many other female anime characters who even come close to these ones, hence why I have my stance on not really caring for most female anime characters out of the anime which I have seen, personally. That's my opinion, and that is what I shall stick with unless I see a plethora of stand-out female anime characters who change my mind.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Zwingli4

    Zwingli4

    [118]Jun 3, 2010
    • member since: 08/21/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,537

    I've just gotten into anime but I'll say Sailor Moon and Sailor Mars. I did see Cowboy Beebop the movie but Faye didn't stand out too much in that imho but I'm renting the series so maybe I'll change my mind. I like Winry from FMA but she is given too little screen time imo--it seems all the female characters in FMA are given short shrift.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of naruto0822

    naruto0822

    [119]Jun 4, 2010
    • member since: 06/04/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 6
    For me the best are:

    Sakura Kinomoto -CCS
    Sakura Haruno -Naruto
    Tsunade -Naruto
    Hinata Hyuuga -Naruto
    Kaname Chidori -FMP
    Beldandy -Oh my Goddess!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of naruto0822

    naruto0822

    [120]Jun 4, 2010
    • member since: 06/04/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 6
    I forgot to include Ran Mouri of Detective Conan!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.