Forums: Animation: Cartoon network is dead

NYrockinlegend

[41]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 7
    Well, it's much worse now, but there are still a few good shows that air, and some tolerable new ones like the Secret Saturdays(looks too much like the Mummy animated series to me) and Star Wars: The Clone Wars(nothing spectacular, but it's tolerable).

Live action(in the way of shows, any way) didn't seem to work out for CN. Out of Jimmy's Head is gone now, and so is the revival of Goosebumps. CN doesn't care about action shows or anime that much, and they're always pushed between the weekday 6-8 a.m. timeframe(except for Skunk Fu and a few others like Ben 10 Alien Force). Many shows also seem to just come and go rapidly, ex. Storm Hawks, Blue Dragon, Goosebumps, Out of Jimmy's Head, Yu-Gi-Oh! G/X, original Ben 10(returned, but just reruns), and many of CN's other shows. Nick does a similar thing with shows like Tak, Avatar, Danny Phantom, and Wayside.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DeepSouthern

[42]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 6

Would it be too much of a stretch to attribute CN's downfall (and perhaps the downfall of many cartoon-based networks like Nick) to strong censorship rules on North American television? Cartoons have become so restrained.

As for anime, I think it has brought help and harm to Cartoon Network.

insomniac360

[43]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 21
    DeepSouthern wrote:

Would it be too much of a stretch to attribute CN's downfall (and perhaps the downfall of many cartoon-based networks like Nick) to strong censorship rules on North American television? Cartoons have become so restrained.

As for anime, I think it has brought help and harm to Cartoon Network.

I always thought that CN's S&P rules seemed more relaxed than DC's or Nick's. I mean, the characters in Chowder don't have the "Never Say Die" rule place on them. And they have stuff like Total Drama Island on afternoons.

talonmalon333

[44]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 27
    Well it does have Death Note which, if you ask me, is better than anything Cartoon Network ever had, aside from YuYu Hakusho.

RodimusZoro

[45]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 10

crszn962015 wrote:
    I don't watch much tv now because a lot of channels like CN are going downhill.

you know what, im getting really really tired of noobs bumping incredibly old threads

DaVulture

[46]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 23
    HelloStuart wrote:
    You know what killed cartoons? Anime. Everything went downhill the moment every show on CN and Nick featured some pretentious, androgynous twerp hunting for magic jewelry.

That's kind of a generalization wouldn't you say so? I know Stu hates anime but you can't put the blame on the lack of good cartoons nowadays on anime. Look at Nick most of their shows aren't even anime influenced and their cartoons are bad. Then look again at CN how many shows are anime? (Not including Adult Swim) Naruto, Byukagan Battlers, Transformers and Samurai Jack? (If that's even on). If you want to blame Cartoon Network for being dead you should blame it on their ignorance of not getting Hannah Barbera themed cartoons like, "Johnny Bravo", "Powerpuff Girls", "Cow and Chicken", "Secret Squirrel" etc.... Anime has very little relevance to this. As one poster remarked when CN had DBZ they were at their prime. CN's blame shouldn't be on anime, it should be on their negligence to putting out the best cartoon product on the market.

SafTLiner2D

[47]Sep 1, 2008
    If it's the last thing I ever do you demented money-caring executives, I'll get you for this! Even I have to make my own cartoons! And you'd better not touch them either!

SafTLiner2D

[48]Sep 1, 2008
    I hope I'm not threatening anyone, but I'm just mad at TV right now. All that most of the executives care about is money. Me, I'm creating a comic to support myself with money, but I'm also doing it for love. I haven't posted it yet, but you're welcome to read it as soon as I can get it online.

LMxRagnorokx

[49]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 2
    i agree cartoon network is dead it started dieing when they abandon there first generaton of original programing (Johnny Bravo, Courage the cowardly Dog, Power puff Girls, Dexters Lab, Billy and Mandy, Cow and Chicken, samari jack) in late 2007 then they started pumping out bad cartoons like camp lazo chowder adventures of flapjack and other bad cartoons and then toonami died and now cartoon network isnt even making cartoons anymore cartoon network rip

Waggytoon

[50]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 13

Right now, "Chowder" is the only popular animated series on Cartoon Network. There's nothing else left. All of the more famous CN series are on Boomerang, which is also going downhill because of their lack of "Looney Tunes" and legendary Hanna-Barbera series airtime for the main dayparts when viewers are awake to watch them!

Meanwhile, Nicktoons Network is barely surviving with marathons of "Danny Phantom" (except why aren't the later episodes airing in regular rotation like they should be???!!!) and "Avatar", while having "Making Fiends" on Saturdays. And Disney XD is hanging on thanks to its anchor series "Kid Vs. Kat" along with "Jimmy Two-Shoes,""Get Your Shorts On!," and "Phineas and Ferb", which periodically have 'Super Stacks' and occassional marathons ("Kid Vs. Kat" marathons are the best ones on the network!).

"Waggytoon"

MachineGun_Funk

[51]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 3
    Waggytoon wrote:

Right now, "Chowder" is the only popular animated series on Cartoon Network. There's nothing else left. All of the more famous CN series are on Boomerang, which is also going downhill because of their lack of "Looney Tunes" and legendary Hanna-Barbera series airtime for the main dayparts when viewers are awake to watch them!

Meanwhile, Nicktoons Network is barely surviving with marathons of "Danny Phantom" (except why aren't the later episodes airing in regular rotation like they should be???!!!) and "Avatar", while having "Making Fiends" on Saturdays. And Disney XD is hanging on thanks to its anchor series "Kid Vs. Kat" along with "Jimmy Two-Shoes,""Get Your Shorts On!," and "Phineas and Ferb", which periodically have 'Super Stacks' and occassional marathons ("Kid Vs. Kat" marathons are the best ones on the network!).

"Waggytoon"

Actually, Chowder isn't THAT popular, in fact, its being canceled. Flapjack, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Brave and the Bold on the other hand have all been renewed for new seasons

TV-PG-Y7

[52]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 9
    Darkknight314 wrote:
    Anime did not kill cartoons it was Sumner Redstone owner of viacom.
    Actually today's anime is killing cartoons.

DaVulture

[53]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 23
    TV-PG-Y7 wrote:
    Darkknight314 wrote:
    Anime did not kill cartoons it was Sumner Redstone owner of viacom.
    Actually today's anime is killing cartoons.

Not really the tween market is killing good cartoons.

Rashadosaurus

[54]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 3

As long as if I have Adult Swim, then I could careless if Cartoon Network is dead.

Sure, airing reality shows on a channel made for cartoons is stupid, but most of the people complaining about Cartoon Network is obviously out of the target audience. No matter how much you whine, the old Cartoon Network is not coming back. You can miss it all you want, but at the same time, you must move on. In 10 years from now, today's kids will be complaining about how much the network sucks now and being nostalgic for the days when they used to air Chowder, Flapjack, Secret Saturdays etc.

Edited on 07/26/2009 2:26pm

Princess_Toph

[55]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 4

Cartoon Network's been dead since 2004, when they started to make way for the future, the results? Huge drop in quality and going downhill with their new shows. I couldn't stand watching Squirrel Boy and Out of Jimmy's Head, and they just keep getting worse with the live-action. I just don't get it, why are tv stations, even Cartoon Network, airing so much live-action now?

I think Avatar: The Last Airbender was the best cartoon to be made that wasn't in the 1990's.

TV-PG-Y7

[57]Jul 27, 2009
    LMxRagnorokx wrote:
    i agree cartoon network is dead it started dieing when they abandon there first generaton of original programing (Johnny Bravo, Courage the cowardly Dog, Power puff Girls, Dexters Lab, Billy and Mandy, Cow and Chicken, samari jack) in late 2007 then they started pumping out bad cartoons like camp lazo chowder adventures of flapjack and other bad cartoons and then toonami died and now cartoon network isnt even making cartoons anymore cartoon network rip
    Man shame all people why people hate chowder?

sciencegirl09

[58]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 15

TV-PG-Y7 wrote:
    LMxRagnorokx wrote:
    Man shame all people why people hate chowder?

Yeah, Chowder is awesome IMO Who doesn't love a cat bear rabbit thing living in a colorful world where everything revolves around food?

TV-PG-Y7

[59]Jul 29, 2009
    By the way?Is nickelodeon is also dead?

CF3689

[60]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 22

TV-PG-Y7 wrote:
    By the way?Is nickelodeon is also dead?

IMO, yes(except for SB & Penguins of course ). I'm still p***ed that they cancelled El Tigre & Danny Phantom! >:[

They should at least air their older shows once in a while.