Forums: Animation: CatDog's Back, But Airs Against "Yin Yang Yo!"

Waggytoon

[1]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 13

Big news! nickToons has brought back one of the legendary favorites of the late 1990s and early 2000s, 'CatDog'! One hitch in the get-go: "CatDog"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Waggytoon

[2]Apr 7, 2010

Whoops! Another foul-up occurred.

Take 2:

Big news! nickToons has brought back one of the legendary favorites of the late 1990s and early 2000s: "CatDog"! One hitch in the get-go: "CatDog" airs at 3:30 AM in the morning, putting it head-to-head with Disney XD's popular hit series "Yin Yang Yo!"! So now, fans need to choose between a famed feline-canine hybrid or a duo of woo foo rabbits to watch in that wee hour of the morning.

Insomniacs and nightowls alike have a tough choice to make now. Will the viewers stick with "Yin Yang Yo!" or relive their early years of animated faves with 'CatDog'? It's up to each individual viewer to choose what to watch at 3:30 AM nowadays.

"Waggytoon"

Underdog121488

[3]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 16
    Uhm...if it's airing at 3;30 in the morning, it's not really back in my opinion. Who would stay awake until 3:30 for Catdog? The only show I would do that for is Underdog.

Don't get me wrong, Catdog was a great show! But 3:30 in the morning?
    That...that time slot barely even exists.

Speckledorfed

[4]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 26
    I gotta agree with Underdog there. People just aren't up at 3:30 AM to watch a show. But who knows, if we're lucky, it might start showing at 6:00 AM!

Waggytoon

[5]Apr 8, 2010

Sorry, but that won't ever be happening. nickToons wouldn't air a vintage series first thing in the morning, especially something this vintage. It's like hoping for 'Ren and Stimpy" to end up in that 6:00 AM time period! Crazy!

Besides, nickToons has 'My Life as a Teenage Robot' airing in the 6:00 AM time period to start the next weekday's schedule. And also besides, fans have "Phineas and Ferb" on Disney Channel and "Jimmy Two-Shoes" on Disney XD at 6:00 AM to look forward to.

But CatDog's chances of airing at 6:00 AM have long since faded. That would have worked a few years ago, but not now.

"Waggytoon"

DaVulture

[6]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 23
    Waggytoon wrote:

Sorry, but that won't ever be happening. nickToons wouldn't air a vintage series first thing in the morning, especially something this vintage. It's like hoping for 'Ren and Stimpy" to end up in that 6:00 AM time period! Crazy!

Besides, nickToons has 'My Life as a Teenage Robot' airing in the 6:00 AM time period to start the next weekday's schedule. And also besides, fans have "Phineas and Ferb" on Disney Channel and "Jimmy Two-Shoes" on Disney XD at 6:00 AM to look forward to.

But CatDog's chances of airing at 6:00 AM have long since faded. That would have worked a few years ago, but not now.

"Waggytoon"

Yeah I bet people who go to work or school are having that debate right now. Gee what should I watch at 3 in the morning, an old nicktoon or a Disney XD series i've never heard of. Forget Healthcare this is the issue of our times.

bleach_rulz_98

[7]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 3

Catdog all the way, but I won't be waking up at 330 to watch it - i like my sleep more then cartoons. Maybe i will add it to my DVR.

Speckledorfed

[8]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 26
    I was actually being kind of sarcastic there... XP

Waggytoon

[9]Jun 8, 2010

Brace yourself, devoted "CatDog" fans! nickToons has been airing the later episodes OUT OF ORDER!

This morning, nickToons was scheduling the show with the episode "Gorilla My Dreams" which has an appearance from Lola Caricola. However, according to the TV Guide On-screen Program Grid, tomorrow morning the network is airing 'Sweet And Lola', which is the FIRST appearance of Lola Caricola on the show! Why would nickToons end up airing the "CatDog" eps featuring Lola Caricola OUT OF ORDER? That doesn't seem right for those of us who have kept track of Lola's masterpiece performances through the years!

Someone at nickToons got their lineup scrambled and messed up everything for the viewers. I think the network needs to recheck the "CatDog" Episode Guide and find out how the episodes are supposed to air so the later eps can air in the correct order.

The Lola Caricola eps of 'CatDog' airing OUT OF ORDER? Unbe-LIEV-able, as Lola herself would say.

"Waggytoon"

DaVulture

[10]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 23
    Waggytoon wrote:

Brace yourself, devoted "CatDog" fans! nickToons has been airing the later episodes OUT OF ORDER!

This morning, nickToons was scheduling the show with the episode "Gorilla My Dreams" which has an appearance from Lola Caricola. However, according to the TV Guide On-screen Program Grid, tomorrow morning the network is airing 'Sweet And Lola', which is the FIRST appearance of Lola Caricola on the show! Why would nickToons end up airing the "CatDog" eps featuring Lola Caricola OUT OF ORDER? That doesn't seem right for those of us who have kept track of Lola's masterpiece performances through the years!

Someone at nickToons got their lineup scrambled and messed up everything for the viewers. I think the network needs to recheck the "CatDog" Episode Guide and find out how the episodes are supposed to air so the later eps can air in the correct order.

The Lola Caricola eps of 'CatDog' airing OUT OF ORDER? Unbe-LIEV-able, as Lola herself would say.

"Waggytoon"

No way! Out of Order, I can't believe it.

Waggytoon

[11]Jun 9, 2010

Yep. The past two mornings, there were 'CatDog' eps featuring Lola Caricola, but they were out of order. Yesterday morning it was the ep 'Gorilla My Dreams', but this morning it was Lola's FIRST appearance on the show, "Sweet And Lola". Of course, that ep was actually airing later than it should have been. "Sweet And Lola" should have aired on MAY 28!

However, the "CatDog" eps have been out of order since MAY 22! How could nickToons wind up mixing up the lineup of episodes without realizing the order they're supposed to air in? They aired most of the eps in order of appearance when the show returned, but then they scrambled everything up and messed it up at the same time.

"Waggytoon"

Pablo_808

[12]Jun 9, 2010
    • level: 14
    It airs at 3:30 in the morning?? Where I live, it comes on at 9:30 p.m. along with other old-school classics like Ren & Stimpy, Rocko, Rocket Power, Rugrats, and even DBZ Kai around that timeframe. I should consider myself lucky.

Waggytoon

[13]Jun 10, 2010

Aloha, cousin, as Stitch would say! And koocha, as Angel would say! Yes, Pablo 808, I know you're from Hawaii. Which explains why you have those shows in that particular time period.

Anyway, as viewers may have already found out, nickToons mixed up the order of the "CatDog" episodes since May 22, throwing viewers into turmoil. Specifically the fans of Lola Caricola, the yellow-bellied whipporwill who became the breakout star of the series when the show first aired in the late 1990s.

"Waggytoon"

Waggytoon

[14]Jun 22, 2010

Overnight viewers may be interested to know that 'CatDog' is not airing in a regular strip at this time. nickToons has changed their overnight schedule to feature different series on different overnights. So, right now, it is uncertain whether there will be a 'CatDog' Marathon on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday morning. There should be a 'CatDog' Marathon. We don't know what early morning it will air.

An update should come tomorrow at the earliest.

"Waggytoon"

Pablo_808

[15]Jun 23, 2010

As much as I prefer the old line-up they had going, I guess a marathon of just THOSE shows won't hurt. I at least get to see more of one good show. Looks like Rocko was on today and CatDog will be on tomorrow.

EDIT: I checked the schedule for next Monday and it seems like things will go back to normal next week. Only things different will be that there'll only be one hour of Ren and Stimpy and Action League Now! is back in the place of DBZ Kai. I'd rather they leave Action League on weekends and put something different in that slot like Hey Arnold! or something.

Edited on 06/23/2010 2:45am
    Edited 2 total times.

Waggytoon

[16]Jun 23, 2010

I need to mention something very important: The schedule will be updated by either Friday or Saturday, so the current scheduling will be subject to change. Anyway, there is a "CatDog" Marathon tomorrow morning. One slight irritation: nickToons

Waggytoon

[17]Jun 23, 2010

NOW CUT THAT OUT!! Now I have to redo the whole message!!

I have some important information: The schedule is subject to change when updated either Friday or Saturday.

Tomorrow morning nickToons will have a "CatDog" Marathon starting at 2:30 AM. Unfortunately, nickToons has scheduled one of the best half-hours with both segments featuring Lola Caricola at 5:30 AM, placing it against Disney Channel's smash hit "Lilo & Stitch: The Series"! Talk about causing pain for Lola Caricola aficianados who are also 'Lilo & Stitch' fans!

"Waggytoon"

Waggytoon

[18]Jun 30, 2010

A week later and it looks like nickToons will be airing "CatDog" Marathons every Thursday morning starting at 2:30 AM. In fact, it's the only morning nickToons is airing the "CatDog" Marathon! Only one morning per week for a marathon of one of the best nickToons of the late 1990s! How repulsive!

"Waggytoon"

Pablo_808

[19]Jun 30, 2010
    They should stick Ren & Stimpy to one morning. As much as I like both shows, I'd rather see more CatDog. A guy can lose interest watching too much of the same Ren & Stimpy episodes in just one week.

Waggytoon

[20]Oct 7, 2010

Well, you got your wish, as nicktoons has TWO "CatDog" Marathons airing Tuesday and Friday mornings. HOWEVER, nicktoons is NOT airing ALL the 'CatDog' episodes!

Of the 62 regular half-hours of 'CatDog' that are in the package, only 56 half-hours are airing! nicktoons is not airing Episode #54 "Kooky Prank Day"/"Back To School" (a half-hour that has cameo appearances by breakout character Lola Caricola in both segments, by the way!), nor any of the final 5 half-hours of the series! Why would nicktoons end up airing only 56 of the 62 regular half-hours of "CatDog" in the 2:30 AM marathon time period? It doesn't make sense!

"Waggytoon"