Forums: Animation: Death Note show

petewrigley

[1]Oct 27, 2006
    • level: 45
    Currently, the Death Note manga has been turned not only to a live action movie, but an anime! I was wondering what you guys think about this, since both the movie and anime are somewhat defferent from the manga.

Personally, I like the anime best, since if you were to actually hear the characters explaining their plans and motives, it gets pretty boring ... And what's the deal with filler for the anime even though the manga has already ended?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

deathnotes

[2]Oct 28, 2006
    • level: 7
    You reminded me that episode four just finished downloading..I'll have to watch that.

Anyway.

Well, I can't say I was horribly pleased with the idea at first. Things will be pretty boring as it goes on, at least until Mello and Near come in and..do stuff. :B Particularly Mello, since he was the action-y/mafia one(and Matt with the..um..don't want to spoil it, 'car' scene). There will probably be added XTREMEEEE action and comedy to make it more interesting to watch. (I mainly expect the comedy to come from Matsuda.)

So, so far, I like it, but we'll just see how that goes.

I'm just excited to see L eating cake and how Matt is colored. P: I'm a lame fangirl, I knowww.
    Edited on 10/28/2006 10:12am
    Edited 4 total times.

qweasdzse

[3]Oct 28, 2006
    • level: 10
    Since death note isn't a cartoony series a cartoon wouldn't be suitable for it. I rather read the comic books instead.

diamond07

[4]Oct 28, 2006
    • level: 52
    The manga is pretty good, but I don't know about the anime. I guess it could be ok.

paranoiasurviva

[5]Oct 28, 2006
    • level: 6
    I just watched the first four episodes today. It was better than I thought.

petewrigley

[6]Oct 29, 2006
    • level: 45
    Well aside from the general non-cartoony-ness of the show, I also think that the art looks better in the maga than the anime.

YumiandMe4ever

[7]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 35
    This has to deal with the series in general, how is Light's name pronounced?

qweasdzse

[8]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 10

YumiandMe4ever wrote:
    This has to deal with the series in general, how is Light's name pronounced?

In Kanji you would always finish names that end with a "d" or a "t" with a long "o" sound.Also "r" and "l" are the same letter. So it would be pronounced Raitoh or Light-oh. But Light-oh sounds really silly.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[9]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 47
    Planning on watching the anime soon, but how do they say L's name?  I've noticed for a lot of english terms, they add an "u" or "o" at the end, like "kissu".  Do they just say "L", or "L-o, L-u"?

LSyd

[10]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 17
    ZaleIsBackAgain wrote:
    Planning on watching the anime soon, but how do they say L's name?  I've noticed for a lot of english terms, they add an "u" or "o" at the end, like "kissu".  Do they just say "L", or "L-o, L-u"?

Probably "e-ru". The only consonant they finish syllables with is 'n', the rest has an 'u', 'o' or 'i' after it as you have noticed. Normally it's a short 'u', but with 't' they don't have a 'tu' (it's pronounced 'tsu') so they use 'to' instead. An 'i' is sometimes used for things ending with 'sh', 'j' and 'ch', but they can use 'u' as well for certain reasons we don't need to go into here.

jayjay0924

[11]Nov 2, 2006
    • level: 14
    I've never read the manga but i watched the first few episodes and i thought it was alright. I'll have to see more of it though.  

ZaleIsBackAgain

[12]Nov 2, 2006
    • level: 47
    LSyd wrote:
    ZaleIsBackAgain wrote:
    Planning on watching the anime soon, but how do they say L's name? I've noticed for a lot of english terms, they add an "u" or "o" at the end, like "kissu". Do they just say "L", or "L-o, L-u"?

Probably "e-ru". The only consonant they finish syllables with is 'n', the rest has an 'u', 'o' or 'i' after it as you have noticed. Normally it's a short 'u', but with 't' they don't have a 'tu' (it's pronounced 'tsu') so they use 'to' instead. An 'i' is sometimes used for things ending with 'sh', 'j' and 'ch', but they can use 'u' as well for certain reasons we don't need to go into here.

haha I had to reread that a couple times to fully understand what you were saying.

antanman

[13]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 1

I think there could be a new death note seris at the end Light got shot up then reuk killed. himhe could have been turned into a shimegame and misa could have beenpregnet with lights son and after 20 or so years he gets bored and goes to earth and drops his death note and his son pickes it up and get all the mimores of light with the death note and he thinks he can do what light couldent do and starts kill people then light follows him not knowing that thats his son and he slowly regains his mimores of his life.

bleach_rulz_98

[14]Apr 1, 2010
    • level: 3

If it has something to do with Death Note then I like it. I have seen the whole series in dubbed and subbed form and I am currently readin the manga version of it. I havn't seen the movies but I want to. Great Show.

In my top ten list of favorite anime.

Edited on 04/01/2010 12:35pm