Forums: Animation: Did Cartoon Network drop Naruto?

NintendoNinja7

[1]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 2

Cartoon Network hasn't aired an episode of Naruto for a month. I know they are planning on getting dubbed episodes of Naruto Shippenden to air on Adult Swim. But what about the origional Naruto series? They're in the middle of the filler episodes. But now they havn't aired any episodes in over a month and a cartoon called 6TEEN is in its place.

Last summer (I think it was) a boy got killed while pretending to be a ninja with his friends. And there was a rumor that Cartoon Network was going to stop showing Naruto because of it. They're not really going to stop showing it are they?

The previous episode that cartoon network aired was: "The Enemy: Ninja Dropouts". So are they going to play the next episode and the rest of the filler episodes or are they just going to skip to shippunden?

I really love this cartoon. I even love the fillers episodes! I hope they don't drop the series? So does anyone know whats going on? Please I'm desperate for information!

And I've only watched Naruto on Cartoon Network and thats how far I am in the series so please don't post any spoilers!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Darkknight313

[2]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 28
    No they didn't Naruto is on break right now and this thread belongs on the Naruto forum.

NintendoNinja7

[3]Mar 15, 2009

Thats good. So you think Cartoon Network will continue the series this summer maybe? Since they probably changed it for the spring line up?

And I have no idea how to get to the Naruto forum. Wana give me a link to it?

Darkknight313

[4]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 28
    Here is a link to the Naruto forums: Http://www.tv.com/Naruto/show/18558/forums.html
    Oh and as for that question you asked I think cartoon newtork will continue the series in the winter.

Bond-GirL

[5]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 4
    For me it's not a big deal, cuz I watch the Japaneses version anyway cuz it's up2date and i got used the Japaneses voices lol

cooro123

[6]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 1
    it cant be anyway since the new naruto show is coming soon

Finalsequel

[7]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 30
    Techinically, CN put Naruto on hiatus. However that is the same thing they did to One Piece. They have since lost the TV rights to One Piece yet still say it is on hiatus. Both CN and [adult swim] seem to be slowly getting rid of anime, so I doubt Shippuden would air on either.

NintendoNinja7

[8]Mar 17, 2009
    Yeah but I prefer to watch anime in english. So I hope darkknight313 is right. And I don't even want to think about the possibility of Naruto having the same fate as One Piece did on CN. That would really suck for me. And I'm pretty sure that CN said they are going to air Naruto Shippunden on adult swim. Can't wait till they put Naruto back on... ;_;
    Its like my fav cartoon...

Josemz17

[9]Mar 19, 2009

watching it subbed wasn't bad. at first i thought i was going to hate reading the lines a the bottom of the screen but it is better than the tv version. the character voices are way better than on the dubbed because they don't make naruto sound like a girl and the episodes at animecrazy.com are uncensored

seancnaruto

[10]Mar 19, 2009
    Iknoooooo. What happened to Naruto? Somebody said its coming back in the winter...Do u mean next winter...lyk 209-2010? Because winter just ended. I'm confused. Ne way, does anybody know somewhere I can watch the English version of Naruto in full episodes for free? Thanks

veniroth2117

[11]Mar 26, 2009

I hope for the best that Cartoon Network continues to show naruto, and soon, but if they choose not to continue to shippuden i hope they at least finish the origional series...

and i agree the shows on Cartoon Network have been getting worse. they should have at least one good show.

it IS a Cartoon channel, anime IS a form of cartoons, create a section just for anime and get rid of the crappy shows....

Edited on 03/26/2009 10:30pm
    Edited 2 total times.

animeactivist

[12]Mar 28, 2009
    I sure hope they continue showing it. cause if not then that means cartoon network really has turned into craptoon network.

animeactivist

[13]Mar 28, 2009
    from what I've seen they might show antother episode maybe another month from now maybe two or three but if its longer than that then maybe they did

MikeandStacy

[14]Apr 2, 2009
    I hope not becuase I really want to see the fight between sasuke and naruto when saskue is in crused lvl 2 and naruto is full demon.~Grins~God that would be so bad ass!!! Then I also wnat to see naruto and sakuar go out. But he does dump her for hinata. o.o;; Sorry for the spoilers!!!

Awesomethunder

[15]Feb 20, 2010
    Cartoon Network(CN)Should Really pit Naruto Back because many people want it back. I want Naruto back to even if its only on Adultswim ill still watch it. So Why did they put naruto off. Now Cartoon Network stinks(a little) So let try to put naruto back on CN

Waggytoon

[16]Feb 22, 2010
    • level: 13

For the uninitiated- that's just about everyone who's posted on this board- "Naruto Shippuden" is airing on Disney XD, with new eps normally at 8:30 PM Wednesday nights, but this week, there are two new eps which, because of the two new eps of live-action trash "Aaron Stone" airing at 8:00 PM, won't air on Disney XD until 9:00 PM!

And there are of course those "Naruto Shippuden" "Super Stacks" airing every weekend starting around 9:00 PM on Disney XD. So, Disney XD currently has the broadcast rights to "Naruto Shippuden".

"Waggytoon"

Theswagger

[17]Feb 22, 2010
    • level: 8
    Yes it did Cartoon Netwrok has no anime but only on Adult Swim like Bleach but I should definatly see the new Fullmetal Alchemist anime though I have to see it.

Antique22

[18]Feb 27, 2010
    • level: 11

As far as I know you can find Naruto being shown on Disney XD every Saturday night at 6:00 PM and 7:00 back to back since Cartoon Network has reportedly dropped Naruto and they sometimes will show Naruto marathons some months. I happened to find Naruto on Disney XD while trying to channel surf and didn't even know that Disney was showing Naruto and this is a surprise to me,

Tiki

Junketsu

[19]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 6
    Waggytoon wrote:

For the uninitiated- that's just about everyone who's posted on this board- "Naruto Shippuden" is airing on Disney XD, with new eps normally at 8:30 PM Wednesday nights, but this week, there are two new eps which, because of the two new eps of live-action trash "Aaron Stone" airing at 8:00 PM, won't air on Disney XD until 9:00 PM!

And there are of course those "Naruto Shippuden" "Super Stacks" airing every weekend starting around 9:00 PM on Disney XD. So, Disney XD currently has the broadcast rights to "Naruto Shippuden".

"Waggytoon"

I don't have Disney XD, damnit.

DaVulture

[20]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 23

I guess so, who knows what's going on with Cartoon Network. Truth is Naruto fillers probably didn't help either. I'm happy Disney XD Got it, and since the online episodes circulating on youtube have been blocked, it'll probably be better for the dubbed version.