Forums: Animation: Disney Cable Networks Shortchanging Animation Fans This Summer!

Waggytoon

[1]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 13

Fans of Disney Channel's overnight block of 'The Replacements,'"The Emperor's New School," and "American Dragon Jake Long", as well as fans of Disney XD's Fab Four of Animation- "Phineas and Ferb,""Jimmy Two-Shoes,""Kick Buttowski," and especially "Kid Vs. Kat"- are being cheated this summer.

As of earlier this morning, Disney Channel dropped the Monday morning airings of "Jake Long," as well as pulling "Brandy & Mr. Whiskers" from the schedule, just to add an additional morning of worthless movies! This means that the Disney Channel famed overnight animation block is now only airing Tuesday through Friday mornings! The only popular series still on every morning is the back-to-back episodes of all-time fave "Lilo & Stitch: The Series"!

And Disney XD is cutting back on the airings of their Fab Four of Animation just so the network can slap on either that lousy "Next X" junk or, as of tonight, daily airings of the worthless Saturday morning "ShortStop" animated shorts compilation series! The animated series are being interrupted, delayed, or shortened due to those lousy short packages! And while 'Phineas and Ferb,""Jimmy Two-Shoes," and "Kick Buttowski" will have periodic interruptions, "Kid Vs. Kat" will have FREQUENT interruptions!! And sometimes, there will be one measly short from the Fab Four either after a stupid 'ShortStop' airing or before a worthless 'Next X' miniseries segment replacing one of the half-hours of live-action jerk trash from a 'Super Stack' as well!

(You think it's really horrendous for 'Kid Vs. Kat' fans? This is just the latest salvo blasted by Disney XD to irritate those fans! Further information on what Disney XD has done concerning that series can be found in the 'Kid Vs. Kat Forum' topic 'Disney XD Ruins "Kid Vs. Kat" Viewing'! I'll update that thread shortly!)

"Waggytoon"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nwafc

[2]Jun 29, 2010
    • level: 4

This is Disney kid, what did you expect? they replaced Toon Disney, with Disney XD (or DX or whatever the crap it is) so they can make more live action show... for boys anyways. I do think that is messed up since many people like the shows. (Maybe more than the others), but what can you do? Go to (youtube...)

Pablo_808

[3]Jun 29, 2010
    • level: 14
    I don't know why they couldn't just make a separate channel for both Toon Disney and Disney XD. Surely they have more than enough money in their deep pockets to have had that happen.

Waggytoon

[4]Jul 1, 2010

SHOCKING DEVELOPMENTS!! KIM POSSIBLE DEFEATED! "REPLACEMENTS" REPLACED! "EMPEROR'S NEW SCHOOL" CLOSED! JAKE LONG LOSES POWER- OF TIME PERIOD! "PROUD FAMILY" MOVED OUT! "RECESS" TERMINATED! ONLY ARIEL AND ANGEL SURVIVE DISNEY CHANNEL'S DEADLY AXE!

What is this all about? Here's the lowdown on the lowdown dirty trick that has ruined the overnight viewing for fans everywhere:

As of now, Disney Channel has pulled the majority of their overnight animation lineup to air live-action jerk trash like back-to-back episodes of 'The Suite Life On Deck' Weekday mornings and three mornings of worthless movies on the weekends! The only major animated series still airing in an early morning block are Disney's "Little Mermaid" (Go figure!), "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" (Whew! What a relief!), and the Weekday morning airings of "Phineas and Ferb" (Duh!)!

Incidentally, for some strange reason, "Jake Long" is dropped in favor of an overnight encore of the previous Weekday morning airing of "Phineas and Ferb" Tuesday through Friday mornings. How odd yet disrespectful to the overnight fans of the American Dragon!

At least we'll have the guest appearances of Kim Possible, "Proud Family", 'Recess' kids, and Jake Long on "Lilo & Stitch: The Series".

As if Disney XD cutting back on the airtime of their Fab Four of Animation for junky live-action shorts this summer wasn't disgusting enough! Now this!!

Doesn't Disney TV executives care about the golden era of their TV Animation division anymore? Do they think we should only care about "Phineas and Ferb", and on Disney XD, "Kick Buttowski"? What about those of us who are fans of "Kid Vs. Kat"? Don't we matter like we should??

"Waggytoon"

Pablo_808

[5]Jul 1, 2010
    Damn, the only time of day I actually watch Disney Channel and they go ahead and mess things up for me. I'm no fan of majority of their live-action crap, and I can only hope these movies they'll be airing will be some good ones from the good ole' days of Zoog Disney and not just the trash movies they've been churning out for the past few years.

And this is Disney we're talking about. As long as they're making their pretty little pennies by catering to pre-teens' needs and milking out anything related to that demographic for what it's worth, then I do not see them focusing on good ole' animation for quite some time.

Waggytoon

[6]Jul 3, 2010

LATE-BREAKING SHOCKER!! ARIEL AND ANGEL DO NOT SURVIVE DISNEY CHANNEL'S AX BROUGHT DOWN UPON OVERNIGHT ANIMATION LINEUP!!

It is a very sad time for everyone. All this week Disney Channel has been chopping their overnight animation block to nothingness.

Last Monday morning "Brandy & Mr. Whiskers" was nowhere to be found. Thursday morning marked the end for most of the other animated shows in the overnight schedule. And after tomorrow morning, there will be nothing that reminds viewers of Disney Channel's overnight animation block, when "Little Mermaid" and- horror of horrors!!- "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" are forcefully bowed out.

The end has come. And Angel's many devoted fans are crushed to a pancake, literally speaking.

"Waggytoon"

Supaikoui

[7]Jul 6, 2010
    • level: 5

THATS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! DISNEY SHOULD GO BACK TO ANIMATION INSTEAD OF BORING LIVE ACTION SHOWS AND MOVIES.

ITS BAD ENOUGH THAT THEY PUT NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ON DISNEY XD. I ACTUALLY KINDA LIKE NARUTO AND ITS STUPID THAT THEY WOULD PUT A VIOLENT AT LEAST PG-13 RATED SHOW ON DISNEY AS A CENSORED VERSION. THIS STUFF IS ONLY GOOD IN JAPAN WITH MORE ACTION AND NO DUBBED VOICES THAT HAVE TO SLOW DOWN THE PICTURE TO MAKEFIT THE AMERICAN VOICES. JAPANESE IS QUICKERWHEN SPEAKING THAN AMERICAN SO THATS WHY THE SHOW IS SO BORING AND SLOW. THEY MAKE US ANIME AND MANGA FANS LOOK DUMB WITH THE BORING AMERICAN VERSIONS!

Sorry I got off topic I just really needed to rant that.

Supaikoui

[8]Jul 6, 2010

Sorry I picked the wrong forum to rant about that I finally found the real froum made by Waggytoon.

Sorry...............................

Waggytoon

[9]Jul 7, 2010

Actually, you are right about how Disney SHOULD go back to quality animation, at least TV Animation.

Anyway, it turns out that, though Disney Channel has dropped 'American Dragon Jake Long' and "The Emperor's New School", both series air on Disney XD in the very hour that was once dominated by All-Time Favorite "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" on Disney Channel. Go figure!

Why Disney Channel rudely replaced the popular hour of 'Lilo & Stitch: The Series" with Playhouse Disney preschool pablum "Jungle Junction" and 'Chuggington' is just plain despicable to Angel's devoted fans, among those who were traumatized Monday morning when 'Lilo & Stitch: The Series" didn't air like it should have!

But how long will Jake Long and Kuzco have their Disney XD early morning hour? Until the end of summer? Uh-oh, that can't be good.

"Waggytoon"

Supaikoui

[10]Jul 7, 2010

Waggytoon wrote:

Actually, you are right about how Disney SHOULD go back to quality animation, at least TV Animation.

Anyway, it turns out that, though Disney Channel has dropped 'American Dragon Jake Long' and "The Emperor's New School", both series air on Disney XD in the very hour that was once dominated by All-Time Favorite "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" on Disney Channel. Go figure!

Why Disney Channel rudely replaced the popular hour of 'Lilo & Stitch: The Series" with Playhouse Disney preschool pablum "Jungle Junction" and 'Chuggington' is just plain despicable to Angel's devoted fans, among those who were traumatized Monday morning when 'Lilo & Stitch: The Series" didn't air like it should have!

But how long will Jake Long and Kuzco have their Disney XD early morning hour? Until the end of summer? Uh-oh, that can't be good.

"Waggytoon"

I'm pretty sure little kids would rather watch nick jr. than that junk. I liked it when disney channel had the animated shows mostly like Brandy and Mr. Whiskers, Lilo and Stitch, The Emperors new school, and other stuff like that(but I was ok with That's so Raven and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody). I HATE TODAY'S SITCOMS! I wish they didn't replace toon disneyand Jetix cuz I really wanted to see more of the shows Recess, Kim Possible, Pucca, YinYangYo, and was Teacher's Pet ever on that channel? Plus I heard they aired Digimon and Sonic X on Jetix. I used to love those shows!

Sorry if the words I type keep clumping. I don't know why it happens but I don't suck at typing.

Copper40

[11]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 12
    Does television HAVE to be bad these days?

wallflower07

[12]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 7

animation is dying I swear cartoon network killing toonami and now one of my favorites kim possable dying. I really miss the fox network that used to have monster rancher and flint the time detective before abc bought it and killed it in favor of things like full house.

Copper40

[13]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 12
    Come on guys, we shouldn't have to rant like this! Let's start a petition! Knock some teeth out! I don't care!

We have got to stop this foolishness from those channels!

Pablo_808

[14]Jul 15, 2010
    A petition won't cut it. I've seen many started, and I've seen many fail.

Supaikoui

[15]Jul 15, 2010

The most reasonable suggestion would be to make your own cartoon the way YOU and EVERYONE ELSE likes it like the old fashion cartoons. But unfortunatley your talent would be thrown away because your story is not cliche like other cartoons. There is also a very low chance of having your cartoon broadcasted. I wanna draw manga when I'm older but thats a long shot. But manga and anime are much better than the cartoons I have seen today in my opinion.

If that doesn't work out lets start an angry mob(jk).

Waggytoon

[16]Jul 15, 2010

There is one advantage as of late: Disney XD has restored their "Fab Four" animated series 'Super Stacks' to full-length between 10:30 AM and 5:00 PM Weekdays and 11:00 AM and 5:00 PM Weekends. This is because Disney XD has retooled their summer shorts packages for the next two weeks so that the 'Summer ShortStop' package consisting of 'Wipeout Moments', "Zeke and Luther's Summer Dash For Cash", and segments from the Saturday morning 'ShortStop' animated compilation series, along with the 'Next X' summer miniseries, are packaged in the same half-hour, but not airing during those 'Super Stack' periods noted above!

SO, fans of 'Phineas and Ferb', "Kick Buttowski", "Jimmy Two-Shoes", and especially 'Kid Vs. Kat', should be very happy that Disney XD is restoring their 'Super Stacks' to full-length during the time periods indicated!

Now if only Disney Channel can return "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" to the lineup as quickly as possible, after the millions of angry letters and E-mails they received after pulling the show last week.

"Waggytoon"