Forums: Animation: favorite and least favorite american adult comedy cartoon

RodimusZoro

[1]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 10

my favorite adult comedy cartoons are CODE MONEKYS!, south park, family guy, futurama, robot chicken, and and CODE MONKEYS! the ones i hate are american dad (its just not funny... AT ALL!), the simpsons (i used to like this show but im not much of a fan anymore), and king of the hill (i never even gave this show a chance, it just looks dumb)

what are your favorites and least favorite adult comedy cartoons

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

darklordavaitor

[2]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 21
    RodimusZoro wrote:

my favorite adult comedy cartoons are CODE MONEKYS!, south park, family guy, futurama, robot chicken, and and CODE MONKEYS! the ones i hate are american dad (its just not funny... AT ALL!), the simpsons (i used to like this show but im not much of a fan anymore), and king of the hill (i never even gave this show a chance, it just looks dumb)

You haven't even given the show a chance, and you automatically hate it?

RodimusZoro

[3]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 10
    darklordavaitor wrote:
    RodimusZoro wrote:

You haven't even given the show a chance, and you automatically hate it?

well... yeah that does sound kindave stupid lol, well i might try it someday

Underdog121488

[4]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 16

I despise South Park!

That show makes me sick. Literally, I can't watch it cause I start to gag if I do.

ensatsu-ken

[5]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 19
    Underdog121488 wrote:

I despise South Park!

That show makes me sick. Literally, I can't watch it cause I start to gag if I do.

I love South Park .

Honestly though, I can see why people might hate South Park, but I believe that most people hate it just because its extremely popular, making them feel that its overrated, rather than them actually finding it to be offensive.

While I don't hate it, I do find Family Guy to be very overrated, because it mostly relies on random pop-cultural references as its source of jokes and overall comedy. I mean, at least South Park, The Simpsons, Futurama, and other American animated comedy shows, have some thought process behind their humor, rather than Family Guy, which is insanely popular, but only relies on randomness for comedy, which is something that pretty much anyone with no real comedic talent can create, IMO.

Angus_Mac

[6]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 71
    Favorite: The Simpsons - I liked enough of the series early on that I enjoyed the movie. And then last month I pulled out that silly taxi-cab PS2 game and wasted some hours doing that.

Least Favorite: Some of the stuff I saw on Spike and Mike's Sick and Twisted Animation Festival. Reasons are too adult to explain on this forum.

jag111888

[7]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 18
    The worst is Drawn Together. It's not funny or creative in the least bit. All they try to do offend everyone they possible can without making any point that other adult comedies would.

Underdog121488

[8]Jun 8, 2008

jag111888 wrote:
    All they try to do offend everyone they possible can without making any point that other adult comedies would.

JUST like Family Guy and South Park.

ensatsu-ken

[9]Jun 8, 2008
    Underdog121488 wrote:

jag111888 wrote:
    All they try to do offend everyone they possible can without making any point that other adult comedies would.

You're wrong about South Park. Many of its episodes actually do have a point to them. People just assume that it just tries to offend people as its main use of humor, but that's not completely true. I'll even give you some examples if you want me to prove it.

Underdog121488

[10]Jun 8, 2008
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Underdog121488 wrote:

jag111888 wrote:

You're wrong about South Park. Many of its episodes actually do have a point to them. People just assume that it just tries to offend people as its main use of humor, but that's not completely true. I'll even give you some examples if you want me to prove it.

Yeah, give me some examples.

The only thing that I have ever gotten from that show is disgust. And yes, i have tried to get into it before, so its not like I never gave it a chance.

ensatsu-ken

[11]Jun 9, 2008

Underdog121488 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Underdog121488 wrote:

jag111888 wrote:

Yeah, give me some examples.

The only thing that I have ever gotten from that show is disgust. And yes, i have tried to get into it before, so its not like I never gave it a chance.

Episode 42: Chinpokomon- Besides being extremely hilarious, it was also very true how kids can mindlessly get warped into fads such as the one that this episode is obviously parodying .

Episode 50: Cartman's Silly Hate Crime 2000-I also really found this episode to be both hilarious, and also have a very good point to it, with this episode making fun of how people can take racism and political correctness much too far, lol .

Episodes 57 & 58: Do the Handicapped go to Hell? (1) & Probably (2)- These episodes make fun of how the Church used to abuse its power, by showing a scenario of the local priest doing something along those lines in South Park.

Episode 64: The Wacky Molestation Adventure-This was a great parody of Children of the Corn (and it also partially parodied "The Lord of the Flies"), and it also slightly touched upon the "political correctness going overboard sometimes," subject.

Now, these are just a few examples of episodes that have points to them, and are also good enough to have some meaning and reference to real things in the real world. I can easily name some more if you want, but even though not all episodes are quite as meaningful as others, its is a fact that most of the episodes for South Park actually do have points to them. Its really only the newer episodes from the later seasons which are kind of stupid and pointless.

But, still, the majority of South Park consists of episodes with actual plots to them, so while I can understand that you don't like South Park because you simply just don't find it funny, I must say that you are completely false in saying that its just a bunch of pointless and random offensive jokes like how Family Guy is. I mean, I respect your opinion, if you don't like it, but even then, I personally don't feel that it deserves to be compared to mindless stuff such as Family Guy and Drawn Together, when the creators/writers actually put an effort into making their episodes good, rather than simply using cheap humor all the time, and still somehow being popular (which is what I find Family Guy to be).

darklordavaitor

[12]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 21
    So, any Brak Show fans in the house?

Underdog121488

[13]Jun 9, 2008

darklordavaitor wrote:
    So, any Brak Show fans in the house?

I preferred the old "Space Ghost: Coast to Coast" show.

I'd still watch that if it was ever on anywhere.

LSUstinks11

[14]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 12
    I hate Family Guy

HimekosAhoge

[15]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    LSUstinks11 wrote:
    I hate Family Guy
    so do I

RoBotz2050

[16]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 4
    Family Guy and South Park

RoBotz2050

[17]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 4

RoBotz2050 wrote:
    Family Guy and South Park

Oh ya and the Simpsons.

Connman14

[18]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 6

My favorite shows- Mission Hill, Family guy, robot Chicken

Least Favorite- What ever happened to robot jones, Home movies

Underdog121488

[19]Jun 11, 2008
    Connman14 wrote:

My favorite shows- Mission Hill, Family guy, robot Chicken

Least Favorite- What ever happened to robot jones, Home movies

Whatever Happened to Robot Jones was not an adult comedy.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[20]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 47
    Favorite: Family Guy, The Simpsons, Futurama, What Its Like Being Alone

Least: Anything on Adult Swim that fits this category besides Robot Chicken