Forums: Animation: I need some advice!PLEASE

Is it ok to take a blog you started for japanese cartoons and use other types?

DawnBrockman

[1]Jun 26, 2010
    • level: 1

The thing is I have a blog about "Anime!"

But that's not the point well it kind of is.(LOL)

Since its about anime I was think about going with it as a all japanese anime thing.But if you think about it out loud anime is a type of animation and people like more than just "Japanese anime."

I want to do more like maybe the tv show "Gargoyles" or some "Invasion America" there all animated and pretty good and people actually watch them as well.

Dose anyone think it would look strange to take a blog you made for only Japanese anime and add other animated series to it.As long as the site url and title dose not contain the word Japanese.

what dose everyone think.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Pablo_808

[2]Jun 27, 2010
    • level: 14

I don't think it would look strange. You're just expanding upon the subject to all sorts of animation in general. There are plenty of animated series, both Japanese and from other countries, out there that you can revolve your blog around to almost endless heights, but it's your blog and you should do what you think is best. I'm sure your readers won't mind the change if they're truly loyal to your blog posts.

Edited on 06/27/2010 3:33pm

Angus_Mac

[3]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 71
    I'd check with your site's rules to see if they've got your blog categorized as anime only, and whether they'd be sensitive about generalizing anime from the American definition to the Japanese definition of any animated feature.

I guess what I'm saying is that if your audience is expecting anime from Japan as your subject, like MAL or Otaku websites or an anime lovers interest group, then stick with it, but if it's a personal blog that you can do whatever like tv.com or a status update like Facebook, go for it.
    Edited on 06/28/2010 12:52pm

Copper40

[4]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 12
    It's your choice, really.