Forums: Animation: Most brutal anime show

Kantokid

[1]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 15

What do think is the most brutal anime show? I mean brutal as in emotional intensity or violence and content.

For emoional stuff: Saikano, For violence/content: Basilisk

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SuperMeteor

[2]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 27
    Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai Champloo.

genremixer

[3]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    Happy Tree Friends, Genocyber, Elfen Lied, Higurashi

Otaku_ex

[4]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 4

Genocyber. No contest. i mean, little kids + machine guns + excess in budget.... brutal, this anime made me, the person who didnt think elfen lied was gory, physically sick.

Devilman OVA's were pretty damn brutal as well, but nothing can match genocyber

ensatsu-ken

[5]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 19
    In terms of emotional intensity, I really have no idea.

In terms of violence, Hellsing Ultimate is the most violent anime that I have seen, although its really not all that violent, compared to other stuff that I have seen. In terms of manga, Battle Royale is the gorriest anime that I have seen. Honestly, it makes Gantz look like a shounen in terms of its violence (and that's the Gantz manga which I am referring to) .

Otaku_ex

[6]Jan 1, 2008
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

In terms of violence, Hellsing Ultimate is the most violent anime that I have seen, although its really not all that violent, compared to other stuff that I have seen. In terms of manga, Battle Royale is the gorriest anime that I have seen. Honestly, it makes Gantz look like a shounen in terms of its violence (and that's the Gantz manga which I am referring to) .

someones never read fist of the north star xD

Alot the original shonen stuff was utterly brutal.

ensatsu-ken

[7]Jan 1, 2008
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

Is the original FOTNS gorrier than Berserk ?

Otaku_ex

[8]Jan 1, 2008
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

Actually yeah. I read some where that Miura was an assistant during the publishing of fist of the north star, hence why the gore looks rather similar.

Foggle

[9]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 18
    GENOCYBER. GOAR EVERYWHERE LOLZ

ensatsu-ken

[10]Jan 1, 2008
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

Actually yeah. I read some where that Miura was an assistant during the publishing of fist of the north star, hence why the gore looks rather similar.

Since when did shounen become so censored then ?....

insomniac360

[11]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 21
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

When the whole bishonen thing became more important to the fangirls than action.

frank_thetank

[12]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 25
    For emotional, I would say Eureka Seven or Kanon 2006

Otaku_ex

[13]Jan 1, 2008
    insomniac360 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

When the whole bishonen thing became more important to the fangirls than action.

well the thing is it never really became censored, its just that her, for liscensing, most of the gory shonen (bastard!, MPD Psycho, Fist Of The Blue Sky, Baccano [which happens to be one of my new favorites]) end up being released under a seinen label, due to content

ensatsu-ken

[14]Jan 1, 2008

Otaku_ex wrote:
    insomniac360 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    In terms of emotional intensity, I really have no idea. In terms of violence, Hellsing Ultimate is the most violent anime that I have seen, although its really not all that violent, compared to other stuff that I have seen. In terms of manga, Battle Royale is the gorriest anime that I have seen. Honestly, it makes Gantz look like a shounen in terms of its violence (and that's the Gantz manga which I am referring to) .
    someones never read fist of the north star xD Alot the original shonen stuff was utterly brutal.
    well the thing is it never really became censored, its just that her, for liscensing, most of the gory shonen (bastard!, MPD Psycho, Fist Of The Blue Sky, Baccano [which happens to be one of my new favorites]) end up being released under a seinen label, due to content

Wait, so then doesn't that mean that their not really shounen after all ?

Edited on 01/01/2008 12:45pm

Otaku_ex

[15]Jan 1, 2008
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

Otaku_ex wrote:
    insomniac360 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    In terms of emotional intensity, I really have no idea. In terms of violence, Hellsing Ultimate is the most violent anime that I have seen, although its really not all that violent, compared to other stuff that I have seen. In terms of manga, Battle Royale is the gorriest anime that I have seen. Honestly, it makes Gantz look like a shounen in terms of its violence (and that's the Gantz manga which I am referring to) .
    someones never read fist of the north star xD Alot the original shonen stuff was utterly brutal.

no they are shonen, shonen/seinen are labels given dependant on the magazine the manga is serialized in.

ensatsu-ken

[16]Jan 1, 2008
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

Otaku_ex wrote:
    insomniac360 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Otaku_ex wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

no they are shonen, shonen/seinen are labels given dependant on the magazine the manga is serialized in.

Ehhhh....whatever, I'm too confused .

But honestly, whether something is shounen or seinen, doesn't matter to me in the least bit. Its the quality and entertaiment that I get out of a series, that I care about .

ihatefamilyguy

[17]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 11
    violence: Elfen Lied. emotion: This Ugly Yet Beautiful World or Elfen Lied

vegetarian_jcer

[18]Jan 3, 2008
    Truthfully, I haven't seen much violent stuff, so I can't answer. But for emotional...

Lain. Hands down. That show was a serious mindf**k. Then again, my personality had me connecting emotionally with Lain. Still, that show made me feel... I don't even know.

HumbleNewb

[19]Jan 3, 2008
    vegetarian_jcer wrote:
    Truthfully, I haven't seen much violent stuff, so I can't answer. But for emotional...

Lain. Hands down. That show was a serious mindf**k. Then again, my personality had me connecting emotionally with Lain. Still, that show made me feel... I don't even know.

I was also going to say Lain for emotional as well. Another emotional would be Death Note. And I might throw in Cowboy Bebop.