Forums: Animation: Most popular anime in America ever

AmandaBruegge

[201]Apr 8, 2011
    • level: 1

4900PR wrote:

Notice how he says "undoubtedly". I can think of at least 2 anime series from over 15 years ago that are still more popular than Bleach in America. But, the real problem is the poster didn't realize the thread title included the word "ever", meaning "of all-time". I just can't help but laugh about what that poster said, suggesting "Bleach is the most popular anime in America, ever". Bleach is probably considered one of the lesser known anime series - it's not a massive franchise, by any means, and its audience is far smaller than even Sailor Moon's, or Yu-Gi-Oh's. So ifthose two aren't "the most popular anime in America", there's no way Bleach would be.

There are plenty of anime series that are far more successful and have much larger fanbases and banks than Bleach; Pokemon and Dragonball by a planet leap, Sailor Moon, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh, to name a few. We're talking billions vs. millions- Bleach is a rather small franchise compared to those other names.

Two examples: Pokemon, millions ofviewers on TV in America; merchandise outsold American toys, and was an incredibly large pop-culture. Another, is Dragon Ball Z,millions of viewerson TV in America; outsold American action comic/cartoon/games, and was an incredibly large pop-culture ..

Bleach.. 500,000 viewers on TV .. not a mainstream product- toys couldn't be found in toy stores, video game stores, no fast-food promotions, mainstream promotion ... it was a late-night program for **** sake, get real. Naruto had millions of viewers on TV, so did Yu-Gi-Oh, Sailor Moon, probably even YuYuHakusho, Hamtaro, Zatch Bell, etc., were more mainstream than Bleach. Get over it.

Kiss my butt on the "Bleach is considered one of the lesser known anime series - it's not a massive franchise, by any means, and it's audience is far smaller than even Sailor Moon's, or yu-Gi-Oh's," junk. In 2011 Bleach is even more well known now with all of the cos-play than ever. It may even be more popular that Naruto was because as far as Iv'e seen and heard even FMA Is more popular maybe even Slayers is more popular than Naruto. Who knows but I think Bleach has made it up there to be contesting Pokemon and DBZ pretty soon even though it is targeted more toward the teenage population.

I did not mean to offend you in any way but that is what I firmly believe.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AmandaBruegge

[202]Apr 8, 2011
    DBZAOTA482 I agree with you. Even DBZ had barely any thing to do with video games when it was the most popular. Pokemon would have failed if it were not for the games and I have to admit I fell for the draw of the game (and I still play so yeah how strong am I?).

JadeMora

[203]May 27, 2012

what about bleach