Forums: Animation: *Naruto Fans*

evil_cm

[1]Jan 22, 2006
    • level: 12
    Naruto has won million peoples of hearts in other side of world, Japan. Now Naruto came to South America and won our hearts, The naruto fans. I find this Show very interesting, make sensable, funny, action, and anything good.Now U GUYS HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD TO IT.Ur most welcome to do so.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LSyd

[2]Jan 22, 2006
    • level: 17
    Welcome to the TV.com forums!

I like the series, but I'm still having to wait for the show to come out in Australia. I think the reason it's so good is that they put in enough comedy to make it managable, because I find it very difficult to sit through a long serious series. Naruto does not take itself too seriously, and that's what gives it its charm.

AquaMantor

[3]Jan 22, 2006
    • level: 7
    Uh...don't you find it to be just a little cliched?

LSyd

[4]Jan 22, 2006
    AquaMantor wrote:

Yeah, but all the anime in Australia is transmitted via the the internet and the connection through a tin-can-and-string phone so it takes ages to load. So we need to make do with what we've got.

I'm not saying it's the best show around, but I'll watch it because it has its charm. If only they got rid of those endless recaps now.

NI-CHAN

[5]Jan 23, 2006
    AquaMantor wrote:
    All anime is a little cliche. I find the fact not looking for what is simalar ,but what they did diffrent. If they spin a new twist on something like naruto did at its time. A ninja that has no real skill as a ninja , but instead of serois fighting he uses what little skill he has to make pranks. I found it had a new twist and then came the mutiple diffrent types of attack and skills that keeep you there since dispite his increased streanth you get even crazier and funny gags in his fight. THat is why I still like Naruto and I sure people would too if they did not listen to most of what people said about it now. I think that is why a lot of people start hating it, is because that it became dubbed into english and then censored and edited and that a few people that just hat dubbed anime start bad mouthing it and the rest of the crowd follow along of bad mouthing it.

tvssecondchild

[6]Jan 23, 2006
    • level: 14
    I enjoy the show, but as someone mentioned earlier about how many episodes there are and how many fillers there are throughout, combined with battle that take at least 5+ episodes it feels like sort of like DBZ in it's pacing.

Yes I like hearing about Jitsu's, I can understand how an explination would be needed for each one, but the pacing is driving me crazy.

I dunno, I guess I should stop whining... it's not as bad as the One Piece dub they show afterwards.

hscream13

[7]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 6
    naruto kicks ass

evil_cm

[8]Jan 28, 2006
    people i know naruto is very interesting. we cant wait for the next episode. so do like i do.Just download japaneese version with subtitles. or buy the manga(comic) of it

LSyd

[9]Jan 28, 2006
    evil_cm wrote:
    people i know naruto is very interesting. we cant wait for the next episode. so do like i do.Just download japaneese version with subtitles. or buy the manga(comic) of it

I'm not sure you are allowed to tell people to download it here. So just buy the manga and nobody gets into trouble.

evil_cm

[10]Jan 28, 2006
    good point LSyd.

linagabriev

[11]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 27
    To start of with...I'm glad you put "Naruto Fans" as the thread list, I hate the Naruto haters, who get onto these threads and attempt to bash this absolutely excellent show.

tvssecondchild wrote:
    I enjoy the show, but as someone mentioned earlier about how many episodes there are and how many fillers there are throughout, combined with battle that take at least 5+ episodes it feels like sort of like DBZ in it's pacing.

Yes I like hearing about Jitsu's, I can understand how an explination would be needed for each one, but the pacing is driving me crazy.

I dunno, I guess I should stop whining... it's not as bad as the One Piece dub they show afterwards.

I know you were being a great Naruto fan with your comment, but I'd just like to reply.
    DBZ...DBZ!!!! DBZ is on what letter of the alphabet now??!! (really no offense to DBZ lovers, I like it...it's okay)
    Look, I'd consider this anime to be on the Inuyasha pacing really. (seeing as Inuyasha has failed to kill the main guy in over two seasons) but...when everyone is shouting for more Naruto, the "haters" want to make it shorter? The fillers aren't bad, and having the main plot for so long really drags the show down, in my opinion. (Plus I heard the fillers had been coming out so that the anime didn't catch up with the manga) Unlike other shows, these long battles, fillers, whatever develop the characters SO much. I'd be annoyed if nothing was coming out of these battles...but there is so much.

Just being helpful, it is Jutsu not Jitsu.

Lina

P.S. I love your sig hscream13 and LSyd. hscream13, did you draw that?
    Edited on 01/28/2006 5:12pm

AquaMantor

[12]Jan 28, 2006
    NI-CHAN wrote:
    AquaMantor wrote:
    All anime is a little cliche. I find the fact not looking for what is simalar ,but what they did diffrent. If they spin a new twist on something like naruto did at its time. A ninja that has no real skill as a ninja , but instead of serois fighting he uses what little skill he has to make pranks. I found it had a new twist and then came the mutiple diffrent types of attack and skills that keeep you there since dispite his increased streanth you get even crazier and funny gags in his fight. THat is why I still like Naruto and I sure people would too if they did not listen to most of what people said about it now. I think that is why a lot of people start hating it, is because that it became dubbed into english and then censored and edited and that a few people that just hat dubbed anime start bad mouthing it and the rest of the crowd follow along of bad mouthing it.

Umm...the whole "prank" thing...or the main character being a hot-headed troublemaker, is one of the most cliched things in all anime.
    I'm going to be honest with you, other than the whole "ninja school" thing, I can't find anything about this series that isn't cliched. The characters have been done before, the exact story elements have been done again and again and again. It doesn't have anything to do with the dub for me, the show has almost no creativity.

linagabriev

[13]Jan 28, 2006
    AquaMantor wrote:
    I'm going to be honest with you, other than the whole "ninja school" thing, I can't find anything about this series that isn't cliched. The characters have been done before, the exact story elements have been done again and again and again. It doesn't have anything to do with the dub for me, the show has almost no creativity.

No creativity?! How much of the show have you watched exactly? Do you always watch shows that have the main character have a demon SEALED inside of him, or have characters who's brother slaughtered the entire family to test his strength, or characters who kill just to feel! Many if not all these characters we, ourselves, can relate to (not the murdering, hopefully), which makes this show so awesome. So what? Our lives are boring and cliche. So what, if we can relate to being the person shunned and believed to be worthless? So what, if we can relate to the person who lost his family? So what, if we can relate to being alone, or relate to the wish to be recognized and strong?
    This show....it give so much to us...hope and the desire to not give up. These characters are inspiring...
    Edited on 01/28/2006 6:47pm

LSyd

[14]Jan 28, 2006
    linagabriev wrote:
    No creativity?! How much of the show have you watched exactly? Do you always watch shows that have the main character have a demon SEALED inside of him, or have characters who's brother slaughtered the entire family to test his strength, or characters who kill just to feel!

I'd have to agree that some of those things that you have listed are actually quite common (and cliched) in anime, but normally the shows that they are in are aimed at a more mature audience.

That said, the show is quite interesting, and raises a lot of good issues. Nowadays we've reached the stage where it's all been done, and although on the surface Naruto is indeed full of cliches, a lot of the time it adresses the issues very well and treats the characters with the respect they deserve, rather than running a bulldozer right through them, which they could well have done to the dubbed version (which I haven't seen) like many other dubs have, but I would hazard a guess they were mostly left intact in this case.

Gustavo123

[15]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 4
    linagabriev wrote:
    No creativity?! How much of the show have you watched exactly? Do you always watch shows that have the main character have a demon SEALED inside of him
    Inuyasha, Berserk, Blood+, Blue Gender, YuYu Hakusho, Gundam series.... I can keep on naming them but you get it, and even though some of the above i mentioned they dont have a demon sealed in them, they have some sort of superpower inside that other "normal" people dont have.

linagabriev wrote:
    or have characters who's brother slaughtered the entire family to test his strength
    Escaflowne anyone? There are also a bunch of series that have the "crazy older brother/or family member" who kills everyone exept one, and that one wants revenge

linagabriev wrote:
    or characters who kill just to feel
    ..... Yeah, about 5% of anime series have somewhere a character like this.

linagabriev wrote:
    Many if not all these characters we, ourselves, can relate to (not the murdering, hopefully), which makes this show so awesome.
    Probably any series that adds somekind of realism to their character, especially strong emotional ones, you can relate to them.

linagabriev wrote:
    These characters are inspiring...
    i think you are exaggerating things a bit
    ----

Go ahead and accuse me of a Naruto hater, but i was just replying to that post which really grabbed my attention. I think you are giving the series too much praise for things that are just not that great, you remind me of the little "fight" we had (Humblah and I against two other members) on a "DBZ is the best anime ever" thread not so long ago. Even though it might be your favorite series (or just a series you think is really good), you are not looking at the faults it has.

I was caught on the Naruto hype 2 years ago and i watched all the episodes, but it suddenly hit me, what makes this anime so special and so great that everyone is drooling all over it? When you think about it, not much. Yes it is true that it is full of cliches but that doesnt mean much, since most anime series are also full of cliches. The problem with it in my opinion is that they forgot about it being about ninjas and they turned into another DBZ-esque type of series. The good story it had, is dragging for so long that they drowned the potential it had of being truly great. Finally, they felt the need to add the fillers. Personally i wouldnt mind if my favorite series would stop airing for a year if it meant that the episodes wouldnt decrease in quality. (a simple example) I would rather have 20 great episodes, wait a year, and get another 20 quality episodes, than have 20episodes, then 52 (1 for each week)crappy fillers that have little or nothing to do with the story and another 20final episodes.

linagabriev

[16]Jan 28, 2006
    Believe me. I know some of the things I wrote were cliched (I realized it while I was writing it, but decided to just keep writing without deleting anything). That wasn't the point I was trying to make really. It was about relating to the characters. And I'm not exaggerating. I find them to be quite inspiring.

You don't seem like a "hater". I was talking about those that come to these threads just to bash into our heads what isn't good about the anime we like. No one here...

I suppose the fillers can be seen as decreasing in quality...and maybe they are. But...I look at Naruto and I see one of the best shows that develop their characters so nicely.

I was sort of in the moment too....

Lina

P.S. Naruto isn't my favorite anime. I currently don't have an all time favorite. Just imagine what I feel towards the ones I do love. I just get "passionate" when things I like are threatened, anime being one of them. Sorry if I made anyone roll their eyes a million times .
    Edited on 01/28/2006 8:11pm
    Edited 4 total times.

Leinaro

[17]Jan 29, 2006
    It has its cliched elements. But then again, now in this day of crowded TV programming, what show hasn't? I dare anyone to name a show that doesn't have a tad bit of a cliched element in it.

I also agree that it is a nice animated series but definitely not without flaws. Definitely not the best but one of the nicer ones (if you cut out all the annoying fillers).

tvssecondchild

[18]Jan 29, 2006
    • level: 14
    linagabriev wrote:

Just being helpful, it is Jutsu not Jitsu.

Lina

Sorry, I meant to type Jutsu.

evil_cm

[19]Feb 11, 2006
    linagabriev wrote:
    To start of with...I'm glad you put "Naruto Fans" as the thread list, I hate the Naruto haters, who get onto these threads and attempt to bash this absolutely excellent show.

i agree with linagabriev, that lots people whho is naruto haters try to bash this show.Naruto rating has gone down by 5. thats sad. so i recommend we take action against them by bashing their own favorite little show.
    ps.Naruto Rox
    Edited on 02/11/2006 9:48pm

bfdesigns

[20]Feb 12, 2006
    • level: 1
    Naruto rocks... the japanese version is the best the english eh... could be better if they said bad words... instead of believe it