Forums: Animation: Odd Robot cartoon from the mid 90's

SickBoyo

[1]May 8, 2007
    • level: 2

Hello everyone

I'm looking for some help, I've been trying to find out some information about a cartoon, such as its name, and were i can maybe get a hold of some episodes!

The theme of the cartoon was a bunch of robots that played sports, for example, I distinctly remember onebeing a 'hockey-bot' with a hockey stick and the like, as well as possibly a basketball player. There were a team of about half a dozen as well as (possibly!) a young human character!

Sorry its so vague, but this has been driving me insane for quite a while now!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FMA102

[2]May 8, 2007
    • level: 10
    The only cartoon I can think of that had a "robot" theme to it would be Whatever Happened to Robot Jones, and I doubt that's it.

Leu-kun

[3]May 8, 2007
    • level: 6
    No freaking idea, were they really robots? I mean, maybe they just looked like robots... if you have any luck, maybe someone tagged a video, at youtube, about that show with the stuff you remember

lequericacalvo

[5]May 8, 2007
    • level: 32
    SickBoyo wrote:

Hello everyone

I'm looking for some help, I've been trying to find out some information about a cartoon, such as its name, and were i can maybe get a hold of some episodes!

The theme of the cartoon was a bunch of robots that played sports, for example, I distinctly remember onebeing a 'hockey-bot' with a hockey stick and the like, as well as possibly a basketball player. There were a team of about half a dozen as well as (possibly!) a young human character!

Cubix????, sorry, don't know.

mattcoffeeman

[6]May 8, 2007
    I would take a stab in the dark and say... "Reboot"?

"The user" would often play games with characters from "Mainframe" which included all the old computer style games and sport games.

warnerbroman

[7]May 8, 2007
    • level: 15

oh great star silver and black I sommon you Please helP HIMMMMMM!

OGA CHAKA OGA CHAKSASSUMONASOT!!!!!! *THUBDERCLAP*

maybe they will hear my cry

Edited on 05/08/2007 8:09pm

-Blackstar-

[8]May 8, 2007
    • level: 8

Your cries do not fall upon deaf ears. However, I must say that I'm not familiar with the TV show in question. There were sporting events on Mutant League, and The Mighty Ducks played hockey, but there weren't any robots in either show. Cubix didn't have a sports theme, however, it was all about robots. It could an episode of that show. Right now, I'm really racking my brains trying to come up with an answer!

Perhaps the thread's creator could tell us what channel or network this show came on, or give us a possible time when the show aired.

Edited on 05/08/2007 7:07pm
    Edited 2 total times.

-Silverstar-

[9]May 8, 2007
    • level: 9
    Or maybe it's like Leu-Kun said, maybe they weren't robots. Perhaps they were just guys in space suits or something. Black's right; a little more information would definitely help us narrow it down.
    Edited on 05/08/2007 7:17pm

p9804194

[10]May 11, 2007
    • level: 23
    DthmoretheShade wrote:
    SickBoyo wrote:

Hello everyone

Hah! Im not helping you, ya idiot!

I bet youll never find your precius tv show! 

Who pissed in your cereal, bub?

SickBoyo

[11]Jun 25, 2007
    Hey Guys, thanks for your suggestions, but nothings hit the mark yet, they were deffinatley robots, this I'm 100% on, i met some guys at a festival that knew what i was talking about... so Im not crazy lol.

the lads i met said something about "mater Robots" but google hasn't thrown anything up, and im not that sure that they even said that (like i said i was at a festival and wasted )

darkkyuubi

[12]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 13
    hey whatever happened to blackstar and silverstar?

weqrwer

[13]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 4
    darkkyuubi wrote:
    hey whatever happened to blackstar and silverstar?

They fell off the face of the earth...?

Anyways,probably Cubix.

oysterchet

[14]Jun 30, 2007
    • level: 1

To everyone.

I'm in the same boat. I just remembered about this toon. They were definately all robots. It wasn't cubix, or reboot, or an episode of either. it was a Series. I remember it cruising around the same time slots and shows such as Swat Katz.

The group of robots formed a team and yes there was a young human guy (if not more) that hung around. Each robot had a specific sport in which they were good at. One was definately hockey and he'd shoot out hockey pucks to fight the badguys that i don't remember anything about. Another i think played tennis.

They weren't consistent in uniform either. Each one was a completely different design. They were robots with the gear of their respected sport implemented into the design. I remember alot of whites and yellows and reds for some reason. The artwork was definately of the american kind. Think Captain Planet. Except robots. They didn't mold together into a big robot either. They just did sports stuff. I think they had a base of some type. The human guy reminded me of Wheeler.

I hope this helps anyone trying to think up a title... but unless you remember seeing it i doubt you'll know.

I only found this thread because I'M deathly interested in finding out more about it. And google has been no help.

maybe from the 80s. Around the C.O.P.S. era. (PS Bullet proof was my fave.)

Edited on 06/30/2007 8:54pm

SickBoyo

[15]Jul 1, 2007
    YES! thats exactly the show I'm talking about! sorry i couldnt be more specific in its description, my memory is terrible, but yeah thats quality, right on the nail. maybe it'll jog a few peoples memories!

TheBotsMaster

[16]Jul 2, 2007

I was looking on the internet for this darn thing and came across this post. I did a little more looking and found it.

The Bots Master

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bots_Master

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LLKYOSiW7U4

Edited on 07/02/2007 10:57pm
    Edited 2 total times.

oysterchet

[17]Jul 6, 2007

oh thank god! haha i've been racking my head about this for the past couple weeks. and now HOORAY! thanks buddy for the find. i'm totally memorizing this intro... that's what i tried to do as a kid.

this makes me super excited.

sambrown0808

[18]Jul 30, 2007

Hi there

OK a weird one.

Does anyone remember a TV cartoon (possibly a TV movie one-off) made in the 80s/90s called ROBOTICS? It was about a spaceship from earth that crashlanded and the survivors broke into two rival factions. They found robots on the planet who were unable to operate properly without human interface - and they were also in two rivail factions.

So it was called ROBOTICS.

Any help?

My expert googling has revealed NOTHING!
    Cheers

thaphatness

[19]Dec 4, 2010

Oh my god you are the fuking man!!!, i've been searching for this cartoon for soooooo many years i remember swat kats i remember samurai pizza cats but i definately could not remember the title bots master!! all i remembered was skating robots who all had a different theme and i also remembered the reason why i loved the show was because my favourite charecter was the ninja robot!!! thank you soooo much and im so thankful i stumbled across this blog!! 90's toons ruled!!!! and is it just me or are todays cartoons not so memorable....

transanime

[20]Dec 19, 2010
    • level: 5
    sambrown0808 wrote:

Hi there

OK a weird one.

Does anyone remember a TV cartoon (possibly a TV movie one-off) made in the 80s/90s called ROBOTICS? It was about a spaceship from earth that crashlanded and the survivors broke into two rival factions. They found robots on the planet who were unable to operate properly without human interface - and they were also in two rivail factions.

So it was called ROBOTICS.

Any help?

My expert googling has revealed NOTHING!
    Cheers