Forums: Animation: Old-School Toonami

What's your favorite old-school Toonami show?

ensatsu-ken

[1]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 19

Alright, I just got bored, so Ibasically took the stuff from my most recent blog, and posted it here on the animation board. However, I suppose that this thread needs to have a point to it, so just consider this to be athread that in which you can discuss aboutthe old-school Toonami, and perhaps post links to other old-school Toonami videos (which would really be helpful for me, since I seem to have trouble finding some of my old favorites ). Also, for the pole, don't complainif I don't have your favorite shows up there; instead, just pick other, and specify whichshow was your favorite, if you wish (I mean, afterall, I'm only allowed to make 5choices ).

Anyways, on tothe main stuff....

I was getting bored last night, and I decided to look up some of my favorite old-school Toonami intros and promos. For those of you who never saw Toonami back in its old-school days, when it had much better action shows, it basically had its own short intro versions to the shows that it aired, including the anime (since it would also seem pretty weird to younger kid watching the show, to see an intro over 1 minute long, sung in a foreign language, lol ). Anyways, to be honest, I really loved these intros and promos, because they just looked, and still look, so damn cool to me (especially thanks to the guy who was doing the narration voice for all of those promos) . Some of these promos were actually, in a sense, what got me into anime, by getting me into some of my first favorite shows; that includes one that is still my favorite anime to this day....yeah, if you don't know what I'm talking about by now, then you either haven't been on this site for long, or you just somehow end up missing or ignoring almost every post that I have ever made on this site . Well, here are some of them (I may post more up later, for different shows):

Yu Yu Hakusho:

Toonami Promo- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF2uSu-6haA

Intro 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIwfRlGg32c&NR=1

Intro 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iewrW2kfAh4

Intro 3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_AoZZQEpSM

Intro 4- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxNMbUUirEA&mode=related&search

Rurouni Kenshin:

Toonami Promo- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU-vYAnhBdg

Intro- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lejgsYwILOs&mode=related&search

Toonami "Series Return" Promo- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ZSgn-yhaQ&mode=related&search

Batman: The Animated Series:

Toonami Promo- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUYWltB1y00&NR=1

Intro- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB613GWrV-s

Batman Beyond:

Intro- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gucY34gA8eY&mode=related&search

Dragon Ball Z:

Intro (2000)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2z1IiH2oaw

Intro (2003)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G64v4uqaIM&mode=related&search

Well, that's all for now; I may post some more videos up later (perhaps I'll take some requests, for anyone who is too lazy to search for their favorite videos on youtube, themselves ).

Edited on 09/20/2007 12:10pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

qtwanderer

[2]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 27
    Those were pretty nice! I coincedentally was looking at the old gundam intro/promos. My favorite from your bunch would be YYH, but I did relive a memory with the DBZ

epayps2

[3]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 11
    Mine is probably DBZ. It might of been Yu Yu hakusho, but I didn't start watching that until recently.

animefantothema

[4]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 14
    Mine would be DBZ or DB

GATZ1000

[5]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 39

Anything superhero related is my favorite so Batman, Superman, justice league, and so on.

danharr

[6]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 45
    Yu Yu for me with Kenshin a close second.

Foggle

[7]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 18
    I love all four of those. I'd have to say Batman, though.

ensatsu-ken

[9]Sep 20, 2007
    Foggle wrote:
    I love all four of those. I'd have to say Batman, though.

The Batman: TAS promo is still one of my favorite old-school Toonami videos of all time .

gunswordfist

[10]Sep 20, 2007
    • level: 4
    I'd say Samurai Jack even though the day it came on Toonami, Toonami started to suck. But for real old school, I'd have Batman TAS first and then Rurouni Kenshin. I love YYH more than RK and about as much as Batman but it was so much better on AdultSwim. I watched an episode or two and got kind of interested then they aired the Yu yu Hakusho marathon on AdultSwim all night long and I fell in love with the show!! The entire Genkai Tournament is incredible. It's still my second YYH saga.

ANT890

[11]Sep 20, 2007
    • level: 12
    That's not Old-Old Skool Toonami (when they had Sailor Moon, Thundercats, DBZ, and another show). Mines were always Thundercats and DBZ.

ensatsu-ken

[12]Sep 20, 2007

ANT890 wrote:
    That's not Old-Old Skool Toonami (when they had Sailor Moon, Thundercats, DBZ, and another show). Mines were always Thundercats and DBZ.

Don't you realize that old-school Toonami is simply just Toonami before it started to totally suck a few years ago ? Its not only Toonami when it had more of the shows that "you" may have liked/preferred.

Edited on 09/20/2007 5:04pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ANT890

[13]Sep 20, 2007
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

ANT890 wrote:

Don't you realize that old-school Toonami is simply just Toonami before it started to totally suck a few years ago ? Its not only Toonami when it had more of the shows that "you" may have liked/preferred.

Ok, I don't understand the point of your response. Ok, I was just stating that the shows mentioned weren't apart of the original Toonami, or the true Old-Skool Toonami. I remmber these shows thatyou listed inthe poll back in 2003ish. The ones I listed date back well into the 90s.The 90s are considered Old-Skool now and is more than just a few years ago. Besides, do you have a problem just because I listed the shows I liked on Toonami? I didn't go around judging your choice of Toonami shows (no matter how I felt about them).

Sheesh, I believe I had a right to post on this thread and state my opinion without an issue, don't get all stiff about it.

Edited on 09/20/2007 6:25pm
    Edited 3 total times.

ensatsu-ken

[14]Sep 20, 2007
    ANT890 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

ANT890 wrote:

Ok, I don't understand the point of your response. Ok, I was just stating that the shows mentioned weren't apart of the original Toonami, or the true Old-Skool Toonami. I remmber these shows thatyou listed inthe poll back in 2003ish. The ones I listed date back well into the 90s.The 90s are considered Old-Skool now and is more than just a few years ago. Besides, do you have a problem just because I listed the shows I liked on Toonami? I didn't go around judging your choice of Toonami shows (no matter how I felt about them).

Sheesh, I believe I had a right to post on this thread and state my opinion without an issue, don't get all stiff about it.

You're the one who seems to have an issue with what I have to say .

I have been watching Toonami since the 90's, yet you assume that I don't know what I'm talking about. The Old-school Toonami is basically Toonami before it sucked, that's what people will often refer to as the Old-school Toonami. And I never implied that you could not sate your opinion or anything like that, so I'm not sure where you got that from .

Jeez, I didn't think that you'd actually take my response to you so seriously . If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't trying to offend you, I was simply just stating that many people universally except the Toonami before 2004 (in other words before it strated going down hill) to be part of the Old-school Toonami, even if it isn't that old. Alright, so there's no need to get all fussy about it....

Edited on 09/20/2007 6:52pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ANT890

[15]Sep 20, 2007
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    ANT890 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

ANT890 wrote:

I have been watching Toonami since the 90's, yet you assume that I don't know what I'm talking about. The Old-school Toonami is basically Toonami before it sucked, that's what people will often refer to as the Old-school Toonami. And I never implied that you could not sate your opinion or anything like that, so I'm not sure where you got that from .

Jeez, I didn't think that you'd actually take my response to you so seriously . If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't trying to offend you, I was simply just stating that many people universally except the Toonami before 2004 (in other words before it strated going down hill) to be part of the Old-school Toonami, even if it isn't that old. Alright, so there's no need to get all fussy about it....

I'm not getting fussy. I didn't have an issue with what you said. However, I'm just saying that what I consider Old-Skool Toonami are the original 4-6 (or 7 PM)lineups. It was before a Midnight Run or Saturday Night thing ever existed.

I see what you're saying, but something 3 years old isn't even considered out of style, let along Old-Skool

Edited on 09/20/2007 7:35pm

ensatsu-ken

[16]Sep 20, 2007
    ANT890 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    ANT890 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

ANT890 wrote:

I'm not getting fussy. I didn't have an issue with what you said. However, I'm just saying that what I consider Old-Skool Toonami are the original 4-6 (or 7 PM)lineups. It was before a Midnight Run or Saturday Night thing ever existed.

I see what you're saying, but something 3 years old isn't even considered out of style, let along Old-Skool

Ehhh....whatever. This is pointless, so I'm not going to continue arguing with you on this. Lets just leave it at "You can call it what you want, and I'll call it what I want" .

With that said, I shall now go back on topic by making a request:

Can somebody please find me the old intros for Zoids on Toonami? I would really appreciate it if someone could, because youtube doesn't seem to have any of them .

Edited on 09/20/2007 7:51pm
    Edited 2 total times.

epayps2

[18]Sep 20, 2007
    Ah, Zoids. I loved that show when I was a kid. Linky

blackmagechris1

[19]Sep 20, 2007

I barely remember toonami in the old days, I voted for Kenshin.

I'msurprise no one is talking about Gundam Wing, it was one of the biggest things in old-school toonami. It's also the one gundam series that got people into the gundam series.

epayps2

[20]Sep 20, 2007
    blackmagechris1 wrote:

I barely remember toonami in the old days, I voted for Kenshin.

I'msurprise no one is talking about Gundam Wing, it was one of the biggest things in old-school toonami. It's also the one gundam series that got people into the gundam series.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about Gundam: Wing. I can barely remember it though. Linkola
    Edited on 09/20/2007 9:12pm