TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Forums: Animation: Question about the smurfs!

dignity20

[1]Jan 20, 2006
    • level: 14
    Does anyone know how and when the smurf kids became a part of the show? When I was a kid I loved the smurfs, but I can't remember any kids in that show..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EVILBSTD

[2]Jan 20, 2006
    • level: 15
    ive never heard of any smurf kids sounds weird cause theres only 1 female and i dont think shes even a real smurf didnt gargamel make her

dignity20

[3]Jan 20, 2006
    That's what I thought.. but there really are smurf kids in newer episodes and I really wanna know where they came from. And I don't think that 1 smurf girl had anything to do with it.. that's hard to imagine (and I really don't wanna imagine that!)

EVILBSTD

[4]Jan 20, 2006
    • level: 15
    i hate when shows do things like that introduce kids from nowhere or characters who supposedly represent an ethnic minority it just stinks only time something like that was any good was the muppet babies

Trojdalv

[5]Jan 20, 2006
    • level: 51
    EVILBSTD wrote:
    i hate when shows do things like that introduce kids from nowhere or characters who supposedly represent an ethnic minority it just stinks only time something like that was any good was the muppet babies

Muppet Babies was a really cool show. I agree about the kids from nowhere. I think it's an attempt to boost raitings

BrainFreezey2k

[6]Dec 7, 2006
    dignity20 wrote:
    Does anyone know how and when the smurf kids became a part of the show? When I was a kid I loved the smurfs, but I can't remember any kids in that show..

It's funny that most people never saw that episode.  I had only seen it once or twice years ago.  What happened, was that they were ADULT Smurfs who were sent to investigate a problem at Father Time's house.  One of them noticed something strange about the Grandfather Clock, and when they started checking it out, they ended up going inside of it.  But when they came out, they were kids and had no idea about their adult life, and apparently there was no way to reverse it.

GATZ1000

[7]Dec 7, 2006
    • level: 39

Baby Smurf

Sassette Smurfling(created out of clay out of the same clay used to create Smurfette)

Snappy Smurfling (used to be Snappy Smurf but his age was reversed so now he is Snappy Smufling)

This is all the smurflings that  I could find, I know there is one or two more though, They all appeared out of nowhere either being made out of clay, having thier age reversed, or appearing by a stork, Baby Smurf

Source of Information

-Silverstar-

[8]Dec 7, 2006
    • level: 9
    Thew Smurflings were:

Snappy Smurf

Slouchy Smurf

Natural 'Nat' Smurf (who actaully appeared as a full-grown Smurf in earlier seasons)

Sassette Smurf (the 2nd female)

FTR, Baby Smurf preceded the Smurflings by about 2 seasons. (Baby Smurf was added in the '83-'84 season, while the Smurflings w\came during the '85-'86 season.) They must've realized what a limited writing problem babies are, so they decided to go with kid Smurfs instead.

-Blackstar-

[9]Dec 7, 2006
    • level: 8
    For the record, these are the 3 male Smurflings:

From left to right, Slouchy, Snappy, Nat

ireallylovetv

[10]Dec 7, 2006
    • level: 1
    Here is a page with all the Smurfs (including the Smurflings), plus pictures. It is a more complete description:

http://bluebuddies.com/help/smurf_names_and_list_of_the_smurfs.htm

Read about Smurfette here (she wasn't the only girl in the village)

http://bluebuddies.com/help/smurfette_created_by_gargamel.htm
    Edited on 12/07/2006 2:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.

BrainFreezey2k

[11]Dec 7, 2006
    Forgot about Baby Smurf....He just got delivered by the Stork to them in one episode (LITERALLY)

sylent_asassin

[12]Dec 7, 2006
    • level: 26
    It's funny how there were supposed to be 100 Smurfs, yet each season, there were at least 10 new Smurfs introduced and the number never went over 100. I suppose Jokey was busy blowing up the useless Smurfs with his bombs and Hefty was snapping necks.

GATZ1000

[13]Dec 8, 2006

I don't know if there was over 100 smurfs or whatever but the 100th smurf was Reflection Smurf

Reflection Smurf (actually is unnamed) is the 100th smurf (as at first there were only 99 smurfs). He used to be Vanity Smurf's reflection, as the name implies but came to life after a lightning bolt struck his mirror Vanity Smurf made. The reflection did everything Vanity did, but in reverse , including his talking. Being rejected by Vanity Smurf for being a nuicence, he felt lonely and tried to get back in the mirror he came out, but as he crashed through it, he turned into a normal smurf not doing anything in reverse anymore. Reflection Smurf then came back to the village and was accepted as a regular smurf and Vanity Smurf acknowledged him as his "twin smurf". Papa Smurf was particularly glad as the village needed 100 smurfs in order to do their traditional "Moon Dance".

GATZ1000

[14]Dec 8, 2006
    GATZ1000 wrote:

I don't know if there was over 100 smurfs or whatever but the 100th smurf was Reflection Smurf

Reflection Smurf (actually is unnamed) is the 100th smurf (as at first there were only 99 smurfs). He used to be Vanity Smurf's reflection, as the name implies but came to life after a lightning bolt struck his mirror Vanity Smurf made. The reflection did everything Vanity did, but in reverse , including his talking. Being rejected by Vanity Smurf for being a nuicence, he felt lonely and tried to get back in the mirror he came out, but as he crashed through it, he turned into a normal smurf not doing anything in reverse anymore. Reflection Smurf then came back to the village and was accepted as a regular smurf and Vanity Smurf acknowledged him as his "twin smurf". Papa Smurf was particularly glad as the village needed 100 smurfs in order to do their traditional "Moon Dance".

All the information, including the picture, on this post is taken from the same source as above, wikipedia.

Sorry about the double posting but  I couldn't get the edit feature to work

ireallylovetv

[15]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 1
    Actually there is more to the story than that, look at this

http://bluebuddies.com/Smurf_Search.htm?db=&search=Hundredth+Reverse&method=all_words&begin=4
    Edited on 12/08/2006 9:59pm
    Edited 2 total times.

GATZ1000

[16]Dec 11, 2006

ireallylovetv wrote:
    Actually there is more to the story than that, look at this

http://bluebuddies.com/Smurf_Search.htm?db=&search=Hundredth+Reverse&method=all_words&begin=4

That was all I could find at the moment and Im not to obsessed with "Smurfs to go hunting all over the internet for gems of information.

sylent_asassin

[17]Dec 11, 2006
    • level: 26
    Thanks for the 411. I would have never gone through the trouble to look it up myself.

La-la-lala-la-la.... (Gucci Bass!)
    About 2 people will get that reference.

CaliforniaGirl8

[18]Feb 2, 2007
    • level: 2
    Iv'e only seen a few episodes of this show, but all of them had the smurf kids in them.

Evil

[19]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 3

That was one of my sore points with the 5th season of the Smurfs. I hated the fact that they ruin the show by turning Nat,Snappy and Slouchy into Smurfs kids again and to make things worst they seem to forgotten their lives as adult Smurfs, that was jump the shark moment for the tv show.