Forums: Animation: Saban's Adventures Of The Little Mermaid

Antique22

[1]Feb 3, 2013
    • level: 11

I recently found out about a animated show that I can never find any info on it and I was wondering if you know anything about it. The name of this animated show is named Saban's Adventures Of The Little Mermaid and was made in 1991/92 by Saban and is not related to Disney's The Little Mermaid but is based loosely on the Hans Christian Andersen story on The Little Mermaid and features a mermaid named Marina and a prince named Justin. But I have never seen a page or a board forum of Saban's Adventures Of The Little Mermaid and it seems that Saban has never released this animated series on DVD. Was this a English version of a popular animated series from Germany or France that Saban got the rights to show in America? Saban's Adventures Of The Little Mermaid is a wonderful animated show and I want to know more about it,

Tiki

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TesserT

[2]Feb 12, 2013
    • level: 77
    The animated series you refer to was a Japanese (Fuji Eight Company Ltd.) /French (Antenne-2) collaboration and was first broadcast in Japan as Ningyo hime Marina no bôken. Saban Entertainment obtained the license from Fuji to show it in the USA in the summer of 1991 but it wasn't as popular as Disney's The Little Mermaid TV series. You can find it on the animenewsnetwork.com site under it's original Japanese title. I've also seen VHS copies of it on Amazon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.