Forums: Animation: Saturday Morning Cartoons Volume 1 to be released on DVD

Antique22

[1]May 6, 2009
    • level: 11

On May 26th the first volume of a new series of animated cartoons will be released on DVD. The series is named Saturday Morning Cartoons and the first volume will feature remastered favorites such as The Jetsons Scooby Doo and many others and many volumes will soon follow. When I saw the previews for the Saturday Morning Cartoons {Actually the name is Classic Saturday Morning Cartoons} series at Target today I was amazed that the classic cartoons we love are put together for the first time,

Tiki

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HimekosAhoge

[2]May 11, 2009
    • level: 8
    Antique22 wrote:

On May 26th the first volume of a new series of animated cartoons will be released on DVD. The series is named Saturday Morning Cartoons and the first volume will feature remastered favorites such as The Jetsons Scooby Doo and many others and many volumes will soon follow. When I saw the previews for the Saturday Morning Cartoons {Actually the name is Classic Saturday Morning Cartoons} series at Target today I was amazed that the classic cartoons we love are put together for the first time,

Tiki

sounds cool.

Maxximus_Prime

[3]May 20, 2009
    • level: 8
    I hope the line-up gets better. Scooby and the Jetsons were two of my least favorite. I would like to see the more obscure cartoons like Mighty Mouse, Heckyl & Jeckyl and Droopy.

Antique22

[4]May 20, 2009

There is also going to be a Saturday Morning Cartoons Volume 2 DVD to accompany Saturday Morning Cartoons Volume 1 that will focus on the 70's cartoons too,

Tiki

Waggytoon

[5]May 22, 2009
    • level: 13

Leave it to Warner Bros. to release a compilation of various series in a DVD set rather than have individual series DVD sets for those of us who recall those legendary shows of Saturday mornings past.

So, would the 'Cattanooga Cats' shorts series be on the 1960s volume or the 1970s volume, if at all? At least we get a couple popular "Looney Tunes" shorts starring main fave Porky Pig on the 1960s volume. I think.

For those of us with DVD systems but without Boomerang, this would give us a sample of what we're missing.

"Waggytoon"

Antique22

[6]May 24, 2009
    I do not know if the cartoon Cattanooga Cats will be on the Saturday Morning Cartoons DVD but they do have Space Ghost Coast To Coast and Johnny Quest and it looks like a good cartoon set to buy,
    Tiki

Waggytoon

[7]May 26, 2009

Wait a minute! Don't you mean the original "Space Ghost" animated adventure series and not the recent talk show spoof?

"Waggytoon"

nintendo1989

[8]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 1
    Would be cool i hope the release some episodes from Saturday Supercade loved that show.

Waggytoon

[9]Jan 15, 2010

There have been 2 volumes each of the "Saturday Morning Cartoons: 1960s" and "Saturday Morning Cartoons: 1970s" DVD sets released so far.

And maybe Warner Bros. could release "Saturday Supercade" on DVD, since the studio owns the early Ruby-Spears animated series library. The studio could even release "The Puppy's Great Adventures" animated series (under its last title) for those of us who recall the search around the world for a lost master done by a famed group of cartoon canines.

WB could even get on the current werewolf trend by releasing the "Fangface" animated series on DVD.

There are so many great Ruby-Spears animated shows that could be released on DVD by Warner Bros. Who knows? Maybe all these shows noted will someday be out on DVD! We can only hope.

"Waggytoon"

Waggytoon

[10]Apr 29, 2010

MAJOR UPDATE!: There is now a volume of "Saturday Morning Cartoons: The 1980s" that will be released on May 4. Who knows what that will feature?

From the ads I've seen here at TV.com, there will be segments with "Monchhichis", 'Flintstone Kids", 'Thundarr the Barbarian', and 'Galtar and the Golden Lance" among the series spotlighted. Maybe the DVD will have 'The Puppy's Great Adventures' as well.

"Saturday Morning Cartoons: The 1980s" comes out on DVD May 4.

(Disclaimer that will probably be on the box: 'Saturday Morning Cartoons: The 1980s' is intended for the adult collector and some segments may not be suitable for children. Stupid disclaimer to put on a retro animated DVD, though!)

"Waggytoon"

Antique22

[11]Apr 29, 2010

Waggytoon wrote:

MAJOR UPDATE!: There is now a volume of "Saturday Morning Cartoons: The 1980s" that will be released on May 4. Who knows what that will feature?

From the ads I've seen here at TV.com, there will be segments with "Monchhichis", 'Flintstone Kids", 'Thundarr the Barbarian', and 'Galtar and the Golden Lance" among the series spotlighted. Maybe the DVD will have 'The Puppy's Great Adventures' as well.

"Saturday Morning Cartoons: The 1980s" comes out on DVD May 4.

(Disclaimer that will probably be on the box: 'Saturday Morning Cartoons: The 1980s' is intended for the adult collector and some segments may not be suitable for children. Stupid disclaimer to put on a retro animated DVD, though!)

There is finally gonna be a 1980's Volume of Saturday Morning Cartoons? That's pretty amazing because I would like to see all the cartoons I grew up watching and this DVD would be a great flashback to my childhood,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful info with us Waggytoon,

Tiki

"Waggytoon"

Waggytoon

[12]Apr 30, 2010

A reminder: These cartoons from the 1980s come from the Warner Bros. library of TV series through their Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears collections, and probably air on Boomerang as well.

"Waggytoon"

Antique22

[13]May 1, 2010

Waggytoon wrote:

A reminder: These cartoons from the 1980s come from the Warner Bros. library of TV series through their Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears collections, and probably air on Boomerang as well.

"Waggytoon"

So does this mean that Alvin And The Chipmunks will be on the 1980's volume of Saturday Morning Cartoons because they were produced by Ruby-Spears as well and that was my favorite 80's cartoon as a kid?,

Tiki

EricDent1

[14]May 2, 2010
    • level: 7
    I would not be surprised if they didn't just release a boxed set of all the Alvin & The Chipmunks show, due to the "popularity" of the 2 recent movies.

Waggytoon

[15]May 3, 2010

Well, the DVD will have 'Thundarr the Barbarian', which was one of the rare adventure series done by the Ruby-Spears studio. But you'll have to check the DVD itself to find out what series are going to be spotlighted.

"Saturday Morning Cartoons: The 1980s" comes out on DVD tomorrow.

"Waggytoon"

Antique22

[16]May 15, 2010

I saw the 1980's volume of Saturday Morning Cartoons today at Target and it looks pretty good and features some of the great cartoons of the 80's and even features The Mr. T cartoon show which was shocking to me and I didn't know it would be featured on the 80's volume of Saturday Morning Cartoons DVD when I spotted it on the cover. My only complaint that I have with the Saturday Morning Cartoons series is why are they being sold for 20,00 when they should be priced 10,99 to 15,99. Is this because Warner Bros wants to sell cartoon sets such as Saturday Morning Cartoons at a lower price and then sell the entire complete box sets later,

Tiki