Forums: Animation: Similiar show like Death note?

sphinx_vampire

[21]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 18
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    zoxir86 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    alex4319 wrote:
    death note is my personal favorite. there is no such show like Death note thats what makes Death note unique.

Well, actually, there are shows with simillar themes (such as stuff about mystery and detectives). Two shows that come to mind (one of which I haven't seen in a long time, and the other of which I have only seen a single episode of, but have heard a lot about) are Case Closed (also known as Detective Conan) and Spiral. They both deal with the myster/detective/supsense genre, and while neither of them seem to be nearly as deep as Death Note, in terms of plot, they definitely have plenty of those moments where the outcome of something will just completely take you by surprise .

OMG don't compare case closed to death note or I may have to write your name on it

My god, please stop acting like a fanboy of every show that you like . Honestly, Death Note is one of my favorite series, and while I don't like CC nearly as much, its still an entertaining anime experience, from what I have seen of it. And this is coming from me, someone who has been reading the Death Note manga for years, and who has annalzyed this series FAR MORE than you, as well as most other people, on this site. I have also seen enough anime to know which ones I feel are good, bad, and average. You're telling me not to compare CC to DN, when you yourself place extremely mediocre/average series like Naruto and Bleach among the best anime ? Please, give me a break ? Now, liking CC is my opinion, and I don't really tend to push/force my opinions on others, but I will express it every now and then. However, you are just being some arrogant fan who thinks that he/she has an opinion that is automatically fact. I'm really getting annoyed with this, but I'll warn you nicely this time: Please stop trying to force your opinions as if their fact, otherwise I will really get pissed off, and this will most likely lead to flaming, which I'm sure that nobody really wants to see .

Yeah ensatsu-ken rules!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sphinx_vampire

[22]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 18
    zoxir86 wrote:
    SuperMeteor wrote:
    Detective Conan.

Don't do that

Metroid2006 request for some anime with similar themes to Death Note...we're here just to recommend some anime, we aren't comparing it to Death Note. Death Note really the best/great on this genre!

zoxir86

[23]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 15
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    zoxir86 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    alex4319 wrote:
    death note is my personal favorite. there is no such show like Death note thats what makes Death note unique.

Well, actually, there are shows with simillar themes (such as stuff about mystery and detectives). Two shows that come to mind (one of which I haven't seen in a long time, and the other of which I have only seen a single episode of, but have heard a lot about) are Case Closed (also known as Detective Conan) and Spiral. They both deal with the myster/detective/supsense genre, and while neither of them seem to be nearly as deep as Death Note, in terms of plot, they definitely have plenty of those moments where the outcome of something will just completely take you by surprise .

OMG don't compare case closed to death note or I may have to write your name on it

My god, please stop acting like a fanboy of every show that you like . Honestly, Death Note is one of my favorite series, and while I don't like CC nearly as much, its still an entertaining anime experience, from what I have seen of it. And this is coming from me, someone who has been reading the Death Note manga for years, and who has annalzyed this series FAR MORE than you, as well as most other people, on this site. I have also seen enough anime to know which ones I feel are good, bad, and average. You're telling me not to compare CC to DN, when you yourself place extremely mediocre/average series like Naruto and Bleach among the best anime ? Please, give me a break ? Now, liking CC is my opinion, and I don't really tend to push/force my opinions on others, but I will express it every now and then. However, you are just being some arrogant fan who thinks that he/she has an opinion that is automatically fact. I'm really getting annoyed with this, but I'll warn you nicely this time: Please stop trying to force your opinions as if their fact, otherwise I will really get pissed off, and this will most likely lead to flaming, which I'm sure that nobody really wants to see .

are you threatening me dude? and who are you to call naruto mediocre? I don't think that it needs much brains to see that CC is really inferior to DN. I hope you got that the part about writing your name on the death note was a joke. IMO you need to chill I admit I may have overdone it but thretening me is really out of the line

talonmalon333

[24]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 27
    I agree Ensatsu-Ken, threatening was not needed, was it?

Master_M2K

[25]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 58

What Ensatsu-Ken was saying is right, that people have their own opinions. If he says that Naruto is mediocre, then he can say that because it is his opinion. I personally happen to be a fan of Naruto yet I get annoyed with all the countless number of Narutards that spawned on this site recently .

As for Case Closed... that just happens to be an anime series that I will never watch, just because it's too long. ^_^

Master_M2K

[26]Dec 21, 2007
    Well it seems we've gone off topic

ensatsu-ken

[27]Dec 22, 2007
    • level: 19
    zoxir86 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    zoxir86 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    alex4319 wrote:

are you threatening me dude? and who are you to call naruto mediocre? I don't think that it needs much brains to see that CC is really inferior to DN. I hope you got that the part about writing your name on the death note was a joke. IMO you need to chill I admit I may have overdone it but thretening me is really out of the line

Threatening you ? LOL

Since when is back-talking to someone on a forum considered threatening ?

You're saying that it doesn't take much brains to see that CC is inferior to Death Note, whereas you are saying that I shouldn't call Naruto mediocre ? Please, I have seen plenty of great anime, even in the shounen/action genre, that Naruto couldn't possibly live up to (I mean, to me, I can't see how you could call something like Naruto a great anime, in comparsion to truly great anime like Fullmetal Alchemist, and of course Death Note; hell, I personally wouldn't even compare it to CC, because unlike CC, Naruto hardly brings anything new to its respective genre). Of course, that's just my opinion, but what you think is also your opinion. My point is that you can't ignorantly think that your opinion is fact. Death Note is one of the best series that I have seen, and CC isn't as good to me, but its still an enjoyable series, and I could perfectly understand if someone liked it better, because in case you didn't notice, Death Note has its own flaws which other people don't take lightly, which would make them put it under shows like CC.

I apologize if you got the wrong impression, but I wasn't trying to insult or threaten you. I was, however, criticizing the way you write what is only your opinion, as if it were fact. What you need to understand, is that not everybody thinks the same way, and there are plenty of intelligent people who might not like Death Note, but who might like CC, and who may or may not like shows like Naruto. The point is that just because they think differently, doesn't mean that their "wrong," because there is no right or wrong in liking, disliking, or comparing series/shows, unless a person doing so has not given a particular series a fair chance to grow on them.

ensatsu-ken

[28]Dec 22, 2007
    Master_M2K wrote:

What Ensatsu-Ken was saying is right, that people have their own opinions. If he says that Naruto is mediocre, then he can say that because it is his opinion. I personally happen to be a fan of Naruto yet I get annoyed with all the countless number of Narutards that spawned on this site recently .

As for Case Closed... that just happens to be an anime series that I will never watch, just because it's too long. ^_^

Just for the record, I used to be a Naruto fan myself . The only reason for why I call it mediocre, is because the current manga has really gone downhill, IMO. I think that the 1st part of it was relatively good (but still pretty average, overall), but I find most of the material after the time-skip to be really boring (with a few exceptions). Of course, I'm a few chapters behind the current manga, since I usually wait for a few to come out, and then read them all together, seeing as the weekly releases are so damn short. And judging by what was about to happen when I last left off, these latest chapters should probably be quite good (in comparison to all of the boring stuff that has been going on in the series ).

ensatsu-ken

[29]Dec 22, 2007
    talonmalon333 wrote:
    I agree Ensatsu-Ken, threatening was not needed, was it?

I wasn't threatening zoxir86, I just warned him of what would obviously eventually happen if he kept posting his/her opinion as fact. If I were threatening him/her, I would have already been flaming him/her, and my post would have been written in a very harsh tone.

Now, why don't we all get back on topic for a change :

While I don't really know any other anime that are like Death Note, 2 anime series that I really think are equal to Death Note in terms of their uniqueness, that I would like to recommend, are Fullmetal Alchemist and Hunter X Hunter. They really have a lot of originality to them, and just as much as DN. They are also both great anime, that have very compelling stories, and which also put you deeper into thought about things, instead of just giving you plain and simple action. Of course, other anime do that as well, such as Yu Yu Hakusho and Hikaru no Go, but nobody ever listens to me when I recommend those, so I've mostly stopped/given up on doing it, lol .

alex4319

[30]Dec 22, 2007
    • level: 7
    zox86 the dude was not threatening you , I dont see how you can misinterpret his advice to you as a threat of any kind but thats alright. though I diasgree with you that Naruto is mediocre their are several other shows that define mediocre Ensatsu-ken.

Metroid2006

[31]Dec 22, 2007
    • level: 1
    any other anime's name?

ensatsu-ken

[32]Dec 22, 2007
    alex4319 wrote:
    zox86 the dude was not threatening you , I dont see how you can misinterpret his advice to you as a threat of any kind but thats alright. though I diasgree with you that Naruto is mediocre their are several other shows that define mediocre Ensatsu-ken.

To me, Naruto is one of those shows that defines mediocre. But like I already said, that's just my opinion. Personally, I just don't get the same level of entertainment out of Naruto, that I get out of several other anime. Also, I have to say that Naruto has more than just a few really annoying characters, which can even get on the nerves of even some of the biggest Naruto fanboys, which really causes me to think less of the series.

zoxir86

[33]Dec 23, 2007
    • level: 15

ensatsu-ken wrote:
    zoxir86 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Please stop trying to force your opinions as if their fact, otherwise I will really get pissed off, and this will most likely lead to flaming, which I'm sure that nobody really wants to see .
    Threatening you ? LOL Since when is back-talking to someone on a forum considered threatening ? You're saying that it doesn't take much brains to see that CC is inferior to Death Note, whereas you are saying that I shouldn't call Naruto mediocre ? Please, I have seen plenty of great anime, even in the shounen/action genre, that Naruto couldn't possibly live up to (I mean, to me, I can't see how you could call something like Naruto a great anime, in comparsion to truly great anime like Fullmetal Alchemist, and of course Death Note; hell, I personally wouldn't even compare it to CC, because unlike CC, Naruto hardly brings anything new to its respective genre). Of course, that's just my opinion, but what you think is also your opinion. My point is that you can't ignorantly think that your opinion is fact. Death Note is one of the best series that I have seen, and CC isn't as good to me, but its still an enjoyable series, and I could perfectly understand if someone liked it better, because in case you didn't notice, Death Note has its own flaws which other people don't take lightly, which would make them put it under shows like CC. I apologize if you got the wrong impression, but I wasn't trying to insult or threaten you. I was, however, criticizing the way you write what is only your opinion, as if it were fact. What you need to understand, is that not everybody thinks the same way, and there are plenty of intelligent people who might not like Death Note, but who might like CC, and who may or may not like shows like Naruto. The point is that just because they think differently, doesn't mean that their "wrong," because there is no right or wrong in liking, disliking, or comparing series/shows, unless a person doing so has not given a particular series a fair chance to grow on them.

That is threatening my friend. but since you apologized it's cool. now yes death note has it flaws but is anything perfect? FMA is really great I agree btw I watched it again some weeks ago. Still it did not made me feel like Naruto before the break(shippuden I don't like it that much until now) so TO ME Naruto is better. Im not going in the CC death note comparison since you a agreed with me. and man we are so of topic

Edited on 12/23/2007 12:27am
    Edited 2 total times.

Loiralae

[34]Dec 23, 2007
    • level: 3
    Try Hellgirl

talonmalon333

[35]Dec 23, 2007
    • level: 27

ensatsu-ken wrote:
    I wasn't threatening zoxir86

Yes, I read you're post again, and I no longer think you did. I am sorry.

johnny27

[36]Dec 23, 2007
    • level: 3
    Master_M2K wrote:
    I'm currently watching an anime series called Monster which is also a dark, psychological, murder, mystery. However Monster is far more serious and mature than Death Note, meaning that you'll like it or find it dull. ^_^
    i saw whole anime and i have to say its a good anime and defintly worth watching if u like mystery/suspense .
    Edited on 12/23/2007 4:43pm

Master_M2K

[37]Dec 24, 2007

johnny27 wrote:
    Master_M2K wrote:
    I'm currently watching an anime series called Monster which is also a dark, psychological, murder, mystery. However Monster is far more serious and mature than Death Note, meaning that you'll like it or find it dull. ^_^
    i saw whole anime and i have to say its a good anime and defintly worth watching if u like mystery/suspense .

Finally we're back on topic and for some reason I have stopped watching Monster, but that was just to finish someother anime . However once Christmas is over I'll go back to it. ^_^

frank_thetank

[38]Dec 25, 2007
    • level: 25
    Code Geass is kinda similar with the main character gaining a power that he uses to do things that he believes is right which is the main focus of the anime.