Forums: Animation: There technically is going to be a Season 2 of Elfen Lied

elfenlied4life

[1]May 1, 2008
    • level: 3

Okay well first off, I am new to the world of forums, I only decided to join this forum because I noticed a lot of people talking about Elfen Lied and that happens to be my favorite anime/manga of all time. Anyways I am writing this because I know a lot of people, myself included, have been craving for another season of Elfen Lied because it left so many holes in the story that we didn't quite get as well as the cliffhanger ending in Episode 13. With this cliffhanger ending everyone has asked the same question over and over again: Was that Nyu/Lucy behind the door?

Well now, we have our own opinions about it but we won't know for sure until the next season. This is where I come in because I have been searching myself if there will ever be one. So I decided to take into account that I'll ask the author of the Elfen Lied series himself and see what is going on. I sent Mr. Okamoto a message via e-mail stating that I wanted to know if there will ever be a second season of Elfen Lied. Unfortunately he stated that "Because ELFENLIED was not popular at all in Japan there is no plans of a second season at all." With that said I think it's safe to say that we'll never see the relationship of Kohta and Nyu/Lucy anymore.

But then again we might, because in that very same message where he replied that there is no second season in the works, Mr. Okamoto gave me two website links that will give us hope of having Elfen Lied Season 2. All we have to do is contact them if we want a second season, the thing is, it's in Japanese and I can't read it all. But we could all just try to figure out what we're doing. I believe there is a link on that website that lets you contact them. So let's all hope that all Elfen Lied fans unite and contact these two links so that season 2 can finally be made.

The links for trying to get season 2 started are as follows:

http://www.genco.co.jp/

http://www.vap.co.jp/

Hopefully these websites will finally let us watch the romance unfold between Kohta and Nyu/Lucy in season 2 of Elfen Lied. All we need to do is just contact them and let them know that we want season 2. Please make sure that everyone who is reading this right now go to those two websites and help out. We need all the help that we could get, hopefully our voices will be heard. Oh and one more thing if you have friends who are part of the "petitions for the second season" please give them these two links so that our numbers can grow and then we could get what we want.

Those petitions that you are signing are going straight to the author of Elfen Lied, correct? Well in that case I believe it is a waste of time, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but just go to the links above and help out because Mr. Okamoto already gave me the heads up saying there are no plans for season 2 but contact these two sites if we want one.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvssecondchild

[2]May 1, 2008
    • level: 14

You'd get a lot more attention for this on the actual: Elfen Lied fourm.

Edited on 05/01/2008 7:02pm

ZaleIsBackAgain

[3]May 1, 2008
    • level: 47
    To be quite honest I doubt they'll make a second season if with this petition. The Japanese television industry is highly demanding and strict. If something isn't popular than they just scrap it, and he made it clear that it wasn't popular.

pris0nerr

[4]Nov 11, 2009
    • level: 1
    Use Google Translate web pages

nicki2010

[6]Mar 1, 2012
    i went to the websites you have posted on you post but i cant read japanese unfortunatly theres only so much i can understand and so much i can speak/write. so i dont suppose you could forward this message on to the author you contacted please id greatly appreshiate it. and please pass on my email to him aswell its akiraG2010@hotmail.com ok so here is the message as follows.
    I have serched many sources to try to get hold of you, finally found a way, I'm going to take this pledge to say elfen lied was a huge success in many other regions including my own in the uk.
    I would like you to carry on and make a second series to carry on from where you left off. Although ihave heard from another source that you might not be popular in Japan it is possible to ensure that it is popular in other regions. this anime has given me great Inspiration that i have now been working hard to creating my own anime/manga id like to think that once its completed it will become great just like elfen lied was for me. I do not think I want to see your work fall and dissapear i am a big fan of this anime. you are to great to just give in to this story you are a Great writer and a fantastic creator of anime/manga do not loose hope your number one english fan nicki

LSyd

[7]Mar 3, 2012
    • level: 17
    The email address for Genco is info@genco.co.jp and I suggest you try talking to them because they're the production company.

VAP is mostly a CD/DVD distribution company as well as being a record label. I couldn't find an email address on their website. They have a phone number but they probably only speak in Japanese there. You can, however, send them a letter by post at this address:

VAP Customer Service
    NTV Yonbanchō Building 1-gōkan
    5-6 Yonbanchō, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0081, Japan

EricDent1

[8]Mar 23, 2012
    • level: 7
    Yeah, it's not going to happen no matter what.
    Sorry but something that is over 6 years old is never getting a sequel.

Unless it sells really really well in Japan, it's highly unlikely that anything gets a sequel.

danielcspurlo

[9]Jan 13, 2013

not much of a blogger but i saw this iv been watching anime for well moast of my life now its not common its extreemly extreemly extreemly rare but if their is enough upserge from other countrys enough to make a profit iv seen three animes 4 years after cancellation 6 years after cancellation and 8 years after cancellation get another season becaws enough (non japanese) people demanded it like i sayed its not verry likely and from what iv seen they had much much more support than this anime so dont get ur hopes up but it is possible. if you need an example my favorite two animes .//hack and Eureka SeveN got another season recently eureka about 8 years but then again it was a major success when it came out though the new season sucks and has lots of wholes i personally hate it dot hack 6 years maybe 4 if you include the movies it was cancelled in the middle of the third season and the other i cant remember the name...but i think i made my point.

gauzfaux

[10]Jan 17, 2013

Hey. I'm pretty sure if he hears me out (the guy in charge of elfen lied), i can convince him to continue it. or atleast i will learn to animate, and ask him to sell me the copyrights and everything. but, this is sincerely important! PLEASE TELL ME HIS EMAIL! OR SOMEWAY I CAN CONTACT HIM! I really want another elfen lied season, and im willing to go great reaches to do so. if it's still popular in america 9 years after it aired, i think it needs to come back. please someone tell me his email or someway i can contact him! THANKS!!!!!

elfenliedforever

[11]Dec 22, 2013

i gave you my support via both websiter and i mailed some producer guy bout it i need s2 s1 and the manga are just so good i just want more

greetz jordy

jockes2

[12]Jan 4, 2014

there wont be a season 2 of elfen lied anime does not go further than manga you just got to live with it elfen lied is dead there will never ever be a season 2 it will be hard to let go for fans of elfen lied like me my heart got broken i could not understand i did some searching and i did it for about 3 days and ive found out there is nothing no one can do about it the ones who made elfen lied wont be making another elfen lied

jockes2

[13]Jan 4, 2014
    and i wanted to add this look at the date of year there is now and the date the last episode of elfen lied whas made and then you already see that elfen lied is dead just the series of it but lucy is alive if you thought i said with elfen lied died i meant with lucy is dead but shes alive shes the one whos standing behind the gate

jockes2

[14]Jan 4, 2014
    good luck with that mate it would take milions even more money just face it elfen lied is over

MaxRobert

[15]Apr 16, 2014

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/elfenliedseason2?utm_medium=email&utm_source=system&utm_campaign=Send%2Bto%2BFriend

Yup Elfen Lied season 2 is very possible if you support this.