Forums: Animation: What happened to the old Cartoon Cartoon Fridays?

Simple Question. What was better?

passiton

[1]May 22, 2008
    • level: 24

One Friday I'm watching the "Best of" Fridays then the next week I'm watching something called "Fried Dynamite" with some idiot kids running around talking about nachos and cheese. I know I'm bringing this question up a little late, but what happened to Tommy and Tara? Did they quit? Did they get fired? Did they get layed off due to financial issues?

Now you may not haved liked "Fridays", but you have to admit it is better than this thing they have on now. To make it even worse, they don't have new episodes anymore. It's all on Thursdays now. Come to think of it, does anyone know what happened to the girl that used to host with Tommy that eventually got replaced by Tara? Does anyone have an answer to this or is CN playing CIA again. The one thing I must say is that I think nothing will ever top CCF.

Thanks in advance.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chopperman5000

[2]May 22, 2008
    • level: 10
    Really nothing can replace the original. But for your question it died along with everything else good and decent about CN.

Angus_Mac

[3]May 22, 2008
    • level: 71
    Tara's in Los Angeles now. She has two videos from last month (click Go! from her website) where she is interviewing celebs for a movie premiere and some image awards.

Oh! And Cartoon Network Fridays Vol. 1 is out! I can't believe I didn't check for that earlier!
    Edited on 05/22/2008 8:48pm

dude6363

[4]May 22, 2008
    • level: 60

I'm not trying to start conflict, but I heard from someone who works low on the totum pole at CN that she got fired because they wanted white hosts. It's just what a friend heard, I don't have a link or an (important) name to give you.

DOMOJITA

[5]May 22, 2008
    • level: 18
    yah why duse tv have to suck ass now remmember the good old days cartoon-cartoon fridays,snick,tgif man thoss were the days huh i miss thoss but now we get crap like fried dorkamite i hate certen people i blame bush for makeing tv crappy now

LSUstinks11

[6]May 22, 2008
    • level: 12

I heard that the CEO changed at CN in 2003.It's sucks right now I watch Chowder,and Courage.

darklordavaitor

[7]May 23, 2008
    • level: 21

I think another good question is what's happening with Fried Dynamite? By Fall, it'll be replaced by a new, Western-oriented action block, and what's left of the comedies will continue to premier on Thursdays.

sylent_asassin

[8]May 23, 2008
    • level: 26
    dude6363 wrote:

I'm not trying to start conflict, but I heard from someone who works low on the totum pole at CN that she got fired because they wanted white hosts. It's just what a friend heard, I don't have a link or an (important) name to give you.

Never heard of that.

SuperMarioKoRn

[9]May 23, 2008
    • level: 19
    The original destroys everybody. At the beginning, I thought Fridays was decent. However, as it went on, it really started sucking. Fried Dynamite. I HAVEN'T WATCHED IT!!!!!

WB4LIFE

[10]May 24, 2008

Cartoon cartoon fridays ran from 1997-2003.

Since CN was going through a major revamp,They had to get rid of CCF for Cartoon Fridays

Cartoon Fridays ran from 2003 or 2004-2007

i think that around the time fridays was nearing it's end,Fried Dynamite was being promoted and Fridays wasn't promoted any more (it's just like when The CW was being promoted while There was hardly any promotion of UPN or The WB)

But I heard that Fried Dynamite is ending in the fall() and a new action block(I forgot what the name was) is desinged to replace fried dynamite.

So i guess that fried dynamite will end soon.But i miss CCF(Cartoon Cartoon Fridays)

insomniac360

[11]May 24, 2008
    • level: 21
    But, the idea of a new action block kinda sounds stupid. I mean, don't they already have one? Poor Toonami.

chopperman5000

[12]May 24, 2008
    • level: 10
    insomniac360 wrote:
    But, the idea of a new action block kinda sounds stupid. I mean, don't they already have one? Poor Toonami.
    well from what I herd this is a western animation aimed block, and since Toonami apparently sounds Japanese it will mostly have anime, to me thats stupid because the last time I checked Toonami housed both.

Connman14

[13]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 6
    I miss the old old Cartoon Cartoon fridays. I remember looking forward to a different cartoon host each week. I really hate this new Friday thing.

inuya09

[14]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 6
    me too cartoon network no longer lives up to its name. how can you call it the best place for cartoons if you show stuff with live action people AND your current cartoons suck. btw my favorite host was mojo jojo
    Edited on 07/24/2008 4:58pm

Mother3_GBA

[15]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 19
    inuya09 wrote:
    me too cartoon network no longer lives up to its name. how can you call it the best place for cartoons if you show stuff with live action people AND your current cartoons suck. btw my favorite host was mojo jojo

Well... CN is starting to improve itself a little.

Leyto

[16]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 5
    Mother3_GBA wrote:
    inuya09 wrote:

Well... CN is starting to improve itself a little.
    no not really none of the shows are really worth watching any more when they got there first live action show thats when i just said i'm done with CN does anyone know why they changed their logo

sharpguard

[17]Jul 30, 2008
    Cartoon Network is making a lot of mistakes lately,such as stopping airing One Peice for Ben 1O reruns,ending Master Conrol Reruns,and stop airing Blue Dragon for more Pokemon.Sociaty these days are being destroyed from the inside.I guess when the mafia went into hiding,they decided to sabatoge entertainment for revenge.

game_masta14

[18]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    Does anyone remember how CN put Goosebumps on there for October since its the month of Haloween? But then they kept showing it after Haloween for who knows how long and it took up half of the Toonami time slot. Are they still doing it because I stopped watching CN?

LSUstinks11

[19]Jul 31, 2008
    game_masta14 wrote:
    Does anyone remember how CN put Goosebumps on there for October since its the month of Haloween? But then they kept showing it after Haloween for who knows how long and it took up half of the Toonami time slot. Are they still doing it because I stopped watching CN?
    No,all they air now currently is a hour of Naruto,Samari Jack,Ben 10:Alien Force.