Forums: Animation: What is the best anime ever?

blackmagechris1

[201]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 12

vegetarian_jcer wrote:
    Relevant.

That is funny yet I never saw Neo as a Char-clone because he had little screen time and everyone rather talk about Neo is Mwu than Char-clones. Gundam Wing is the only gundam with yaoi undertones, I don't see the reason it's a common thing on Gundam.

Well I forgot that one of Gundam Seed's chibi OVAs had a near yaoi moment.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Foggle

[202]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 18
    Casey & Friends is the best anime ever.

ensatsu-ken

[203]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 19
    blackmagechris1 wrote:
    :
    Of course, there is always the manga . With the manga, you can see the series repeat the same story line through its various arcs for even longer, and so far, I don't think that it has ended either, .
    It's ending in a few weeks and you can't judge manga with a lack of knowledge. Besides the Moryomaru arc, everything else is either upgrading weapons or wrapping up storylines.

I don't ever judge things with a lack on knowledge. I know that the anime follows the manga's story line pretty closely (aside from the fillers), until it ends, and that means that the manga is repetitive for well over 20 volumes. In all honesty, I never even really liked IY even before it became repetitive (my opinion, though), so I personally wouldn't even want to go through 20+ volumes of the same stuff happening over and over again. Its just not my type of series.

blackmagechris1

[204]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 12
    :
    I don't ever judge things with a lack on knowledge. I know that the anime follows the manga's story line pretty closely (aside from the fillers), until it ends, and that means that the manga is repetitive for well over 20 volumes. In all honesty, I never even really liked IY even before it became repetitive (my opinion, though), so I personally wouldn't even want to go through 20+ volumes of the same stuff happening over and over again. Its just not my type of series.
    I thought you were talking about the post-anime manga and saying the storyline will repeat over and over with no end.

ensatsu-ken

[205]Mar 20, 2008
    blackmagechris1 wrote:
    :
    I thought you were talking about the post-anime manga and saying the storyline will repeat over and over with no end.

I was basically saying that the series feels like it goes on forever. Even if its about to end, its well over 500 chapters, which is pretty damn long . I usually can't read manga which are that long, which is why I feel like it goes on forever.

thecameoguy

[206]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 1

I, myself enjoyed cowboy bebop because of its dark storyline and its chacracters but my favourite anime ever is flcl just for its unpredictability. Golden boy is also a great anime. Other great animes are beck mongolian chop squad and great teacher onizuka.

genremixer

[207]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 8
    thecameoguy wrote:

I, myself enjoyed cowboy bebop because of its dark storyline and its chacracters but my favourite anime ever is flcl just for its unpredictability. Golden boy is also a great anime. Other great animes are beck mongolian chop squad and great teacher onizuka.

I definitely agree with you on Cowboy Bebop and Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad. As for FLCL, I agree that it is unpredictable, and I really liked it, but I wouldn't actually consider it among the best anime ever. I know that you said that it's your favourite and not technically "the best", which is why I respect your judgement. I too, like some shows that don't exactly have the best storyline/character development/animation/whatever. Regardless, I still love them for some unknown reason.

KGB32

[208]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 2
    Cowboy Bebop and Haruhi

mcenson2001

[209]May 2, 2008

....Pokemon

....Death Note

....School Rhumble

....Bleach

....Prince of Tennis

....Rave

....Yakitate Japan

....Fate/Stay Night

Lots more....

opeca64

[210]Jul 3, 2008

Well...humm.

I'm not one to get on the band-wagon for extremely long animes...those that keep going unescessarily such as Bleach and Inu Yasha. They're okay, but up to a certain point they lost their main points...so I don't consider them the "best" of anime.

Stuff Everyone Should See:

Death Note (Even though it still sort of went for too long)
    Blue Submarine No. 6 (Just beacuse it's rather thought provoking)
    Rahxephon (Yet again a good ride)
    Samuri X (Really really good and well directerected and staged.)
    The Soultaker (Oldy, but goody)

The Origenals

Akira (OG) Drawings is iffy, but its a cool concept)
    Cowboy Bebop (OG)
    Outlaw Star (OG)

Good for the First few Seasons (or less):

Bleach (Drags on)
    Inu Yasha (Really really drags on...come on they really should have caught Naraku by now!)
    Orphen (Second Series was interesting, but lacked the meaning of the first)

Worth Waiting for the Ending (If not already stated):

Yuu Yuu Hakusho (didn't like it at first...but watched it and sort of got into it.)

xboxliveguy

[211]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 10

Pokemon and Digimon are ones of my favorite. I have more just to lazy

Leyto

[212]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 5
    does ne one else who has seen DBZ think there fillers were actually watchable and were actually kinda good thats just my personal opinon since i know how everyone watches anime to just see the fillers because there the best

GUNDAM-FAN

[213]Jul 9, 2008
    Tenchi Muyo, and Gundam 0083 are defenitaly the best anime shows ever.

Foggle

[215]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 18

GUNDAM-FAN wrote:
    Tenchi Muyo is the best anime ever. **** anyone who disagrees watch the show before you say some quere thing like Naruto, One Piece, or Bleach are better you ****s. The only anime that comes close is Gundam 0083, Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suite Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Gundam 0080. If you argue, i will rip your nuts off staple them to your chin, sand them, and pour steak juice on them and have a doverman pincer chew on them you ****ing pieces on tasteless **** I hope you watch your families burn a slow and painfull death.

I love this post so much.

ensatsu-ken

[216]Jul 9, 2008
    GUNDAM-FAN wrote:
    Tenchi Muyo is the best anime ever. **** anyone who disagrees watch the show before you say some quere thing like Naruto, One Piece, or Bleach are better you ****s. The only anime that comes close is Gundam 0083, Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suite Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Gundam 0080. If you argue, i will rip your nuts off staple them to your chin, sand them, and pour steak juice on them and have a doverman pincer chew on them you ****ing pieces on tasteless **** I hope you watch your families burn a slow and painfull death.

But what if the person who argues with you is a woman ?

darklordavaitor

[217]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 21

GUNDAM-FAN wrote:

Wow... I've been waiting for a spam post this epic since the return of Timbox to Toon Zone, but you're just not prepared for something so epic. I'm... speechless.

bakayoukai91

[218]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 6
    hm.. best anime. Though question. Definitely not Naruto. The manga is waaaay better for that. I think I'd have to say either Trigun or Death Note.

bakayoukai91

[219]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 6
    I do like Tenchi Muyo but I would have to argue that it's not the best. At least not in my opinion. but it is up there. and I'm sorry, I don't have nuts.

vegetarian_jcer

[220]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 11

GUNDAM-FAN wrote:

Alright. Tenchi Muyo is garbage. And mecha series are boring and lame. And Dragon Ball Z is overrated tripe.

And it's spelled queer and "Doberman", and "painful".

Come on. Rip off my non-existant nuts.

Edited on 07/10/2008 7:43am
    Edited 3 total times.