Forums: Animation: what were the worst cartoons of the decade

jdfsbff

[1]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 3
    I wanted to make a post of what were your best cartoons of the 2000's but someone already beat me to the punch, so I want your opinion on what were the absolute worst toons of the '00s. I was planning on posting it anyways as well. As you know this hasn't exactly been a good decade of cartoons especially in children's cartoons. throughout the decade there have been a ton of awful, bad animation especially since 2006 due to lack of creativity, bad ideas and no motivation and the fact that uniqueness is no longer socially acceptable and it's become too kid friendly and too commerically induced (just like music and reality shows). like the best of post, you can include anime and adult cartoons (south park, family guy, etc). And the cartoons will have to have aired Let your voice be heard. which cartoons were annoying, just plain stunk and should have never have been made. the decade was supposed to be an upgrade from the 90's (the golden age of cartoon shows), but instead it was a huge downgrade.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jdfsbff

[2]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 3
    oh and i almost forgot. you can include cartoons that originally aired in the 90's or previous decades as long as they have aired for a huge chunk of the decade. they have had to at least ended in 2004. and also the anime will have had to been made in the 2000's (no dragonball z, yuyu hakusho, cowboy bebop etc.). however, as long as they have aired and episodes made throughout the decade (pokemon for example) are acceptable. now you may begin your rant.

Underdog121488

[3]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 16
    Family Guy, American Dad, and everything else Mcfarlane drips out of his untalented little head.

Sara_Marie_41

[4]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 18
    i can't really tell what cartoon what bad or good, maybe the ones with lame storylines.

Waggytoon

[5]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 13

Among the worst cartoons of the decade just passed are those nickToons based on recent animated movies, as well as those newer series with those meddling kids and their lousy dog!

But the absolute worst cartoon of the decade lives in a rotten pineapple under the sea! And I really don't have to go any further than that!

Kat currently rules!

"Waggytoon"

HaydenAvery

[6]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 21
    While I agree spongebob has gone downhill, I don't think it is the worst. that title should go to Flapjack, Mr. Meaty, or Yugi-oh.

DaVulture

[7]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 23
    The majority of cartoons on Nick and Cartoon Network stunk. That being said, I can't think of just one but a handful of shows. I didn't like a lot of shows, but the worse probably is Yu-Gi-Oh that was one of the stupidest cartoons/anime that I think I've ever seen. Pokemon wasn't that great either. I'll say Yu-Gi-Oh though.
    Edited on 01/16/2010 1:39pm

KingofIPirates

[8]Jan 17, 2010
    • level: 32
    Off the top of my head probably Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Eiken.

Rcoaxum12

[9]Jan 17, 2010
    • level: 5
    For both Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, every show that aired after 2005 were not that great at all.

Waggytoon

[10]Jan 18, 2010

I can give you a comprehensive list of the worst cartoons of the past decade- in no particular order:

Kim Possible. Dave the Barbarian. The Buzz on Maggie. Ben 10 (various incarnations). Clone Wars. Flapjack. Penguins. Barnyard. Mighty B!. Jimmy Neutron. Fairly Oddparents. Marvel hero series (various incarnations). DC hero series (various incarnations). Not to mention all the series and movies starring a stupid cat-and-mouse duo, all the series and movies starring those meddling kids and their pesky dog, and the absolute worst cartoon of the past decade- AND OF ALL TIME- is the one with that lousy sponge who stole Phineas and Ferb's Favorite Cartoon Kids Choice Award last year, enraging viewers everywhere!

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: "Kid Vs. Kat"- Favorite Cartoon AT THE 2010 nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards (Let's hope it happens!)

"Waggytoon"

HaydenAvery

[11]Jan 18, 2010
    I strongly disagree with Penguins, Mighty B!, and Spongebob. But, I do agree I wanted Phineas and Ferb to beat Spongebob at the KCA. As for Kid vs Kat, I don't see it getting nominated but stranger things have happened.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[12]Jan 19, 2010
    • level: 47
    Ben 10. imo it's a poor excuse of a show to roll out a toy line.

Waggytoon

[13]Jan 20, 2010

Also on the Worst Cartoons of the Past Decade list: "Secret Saturdays,""Squirrel Boy,""Total Drama" (various incarnations), "Naruto Shippuden," the entire Adult Swim schedule, Fox's Sunday night animated lineup, sophisticated anime that was not suitable for general audiences released this past decade, the "Happily N'Ever After" movies, early decade Aardman animated movies......

I believe I've just about noted all of the Worst Cartoons of the Past Decade I could possibly think of on this board. There may be those who disagree with the choices, but very few of those would ever show up. The fans, not the toons.

"Waggytoon"

HaydenAvery

[14]Jan 20, 2010
    oh please. Plenty of people enjoy Total Drama and the Secret Saturdays! Just cause you don't doesn't mean several others will agree with you. This is Opinions vs. Ratings!

Underdog121488

[15]Jan 20, 2010
    Waggytoon wrote:

Also on the Worst Cartoons of the Past Decade list: "Secret Saturdays,""Squirrel Boy,""Total Drama" (various incarnations), "Naruto Shippuden," the entire Adult Swim schedule, Fox's Sunday night animated lineup, sophisticated anime that was not suitable for general audiences released this past decade, the "Happily N'Ever After" movies, early decade Aardman animated movies......

I believe I've just about noted all of the Worst Cartoons of the Past Decade I could possibly think of on this board. There may be those who disagree with the choices, but very few of those would ever show up. The fans, not the toons.

"Waggytoon"

Squirrel Boy was sad, because it did stink. But I could see the good show underneath it.

It had Richard Horvitz after all. He's one of my favorite voice actors, voicing both Invader Zim, Dagg of Angry Beavers, and Billy from Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

But unfortunately, one good voice actor couldn't save that show from the lame jokes and plot lines.

Under the right hands though, that could have been a successful show.

Edited on 01/20/2010 4:40pm

Waggytoon

[16]Jan 21, 2010

Stay tuned for information about the return of Zim in a future topic in this Forum.

Meanwhile, I actually was able to come up with more Worst Cartoons of the Past Decade!

The "Open Season" movies. "Speed Racer: The Next Generation". "Chaotic". "Bakugan". The abc Kids Saturday morning lineup before "Lilo & Stitch: The Series". Almost all Jetix programming (Except for "W.I.T.C.H." AND "Yin Yang Yo!"). The final decade of Kids' WB!, even after it morphed into CW4Kids. The Saturday morning lineups of the other broadcast networks.

NOW, I've finally completed the list of the Worst Cartoons of the Past Decade.

And no, I wouldn't place 'Ed, Edd, n Eddy' on that list at all.

Zim may be returning for just one month, but Kat will still rule then!

"Waggytoon"

HaydenAvery

[17]Jan 21, 2010
    I'll agree with those but, why do you hate the Total Drama Series?

Underdog121488

[18]Jan 21, 2010
    The Total Drama series aren't...that bad.
    They aren't that great either though.

Kinda dull.

Waggytoon

[19]Jan 22, 2010

Guess what? I forgot one of the Worst Cartoons of the Past Decade:"Transformers Animated" (various incarnations).

By the way, Underdog: I know how you're a major fan of voice performer Richard Horvitz, and you recognize his main characters of Daggett from "Angry Beavers" (Great show!), Zim from "Invader Zim", Billy (and Billy's dad) from 'Billy & Mandy', and Rodney J. Squirrel from "Squirrel Boy". But how could you forget his best incidental character: Ned Frischman from two "Dave the Barbarian" shorts, one from each season?

"Waggytoon"

Angus_Mac

[20]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 71
    How about Tom Goes To the Mayor, which led to Tim & Eric, which took the C out of CN.