Forums: Animation: Who remembers the Old Nickelodeon Shorts?

 
  • Avatar of petewrigley

    petewrigley

    [1]Dec 2, 2005
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 1,095
    Some of my favorite are The Misfits (later renamed The Offbeats), The Snooker Report, and The Adventures of Pete and Pete (when it was a short). I know more, but I can't think of them right now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thesimpsons844

    thesimpsons844

    [2]Dec 2, 2005
    • member since: 07/12/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,815
    Inside-Out Boy
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thesimpsons844

    thesimpsons844

    [3]Dec 2, 2005
    • member since: 07/12/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,815
    Oh yeah, I also remember the Misadventures of Safety Queen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of petewrigley

    petewrigley

    [4]Dec 2, 2005
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 1,095
    and I just rememberd As Our School-Bus Turns. I remember they would always have cliffhanger endings that would never go onto the next ep, except for a couple (which I think was the series finale of the shorts)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Envey89

    Envey89

    [5]Dec 2, 2005
    • member since: 06/12/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,725
    I rmember when Nick would air GOOD shows (such as Space Cases [possibly the only Scifi I will ever like])

    I remember this small speacial Nick usto air called "Shorts made by Shorties" it was a show where kids made some shorts that were good. I also remember the classic All That (not that load of bullsh!t they try to convince ppl to wach). Also did they Amanda Show ever finish "Moody's Point"?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Spongeyfan

    Spongeyfan

    [6]Dec 3, 2005
    • member since: 08/29/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 6,371
    yeah they air over here in the uk on nicktoons now!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Knight42092

    Knight42092

    [7]Dec 3, 2005
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 880
    Spongeyfan wrote:
    yeah they air over here in the uk on nicktoons now!


    Wow, cool!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NI-CHAN

    NI-CHAN

    [8]Dec 3, 2005
    • member since: 07/12/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,032
    Not me guess I out grew Nick when that started showing. Wait I never really watched it that much except one or two shows.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of petewrigley

    petewrigley

    [9]Dec 3, 2005
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 1,095
    Envey89 wrote:
    I remember this small speacial Nick usto air called "Shorts made by Shorties" it was a show where kids made some shorts that were good... Also did they Amanda Show ever finish "Moody's Point"?

    Yeah, I remember those shorts made by shorties thing, too. The only one I remember, though, is the adventures of Foilman.

    I'm pretty sure they had some kind of season finale for Moody's Point. I think it was the double length one with Moody's dad's to being removed. Good times...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Envey89

    Envey89

    [10]Dec 3, 2005
    • member since: 06/12/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,725
    petewrigley wrote:
    Envey89 wrote:
    I remember this small speacial Nick usto air called "Shorts made by Shorties" it was a show where kids made some shorts that were good... Also did they Amanda Show ever finish "Moody's Point"?

    Yeah, I remember those shorts made by shorties thing, too. The only one I remember, though, is the adventures of Foilman.

    I'm pretty sure they had some kind of season finale for Moody's Point. I think it was the double length one with Moody's dad's to being removed. Good times...


    I only remember two shorts. One where it had to do with raceism, then everyone beming numerus ammounts of color (red, blue, yellow, ext). And this relly funny one where three girls were being chased by a huge turkey that they ended up eating at the end
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of petewrigley

    petewrigley

    [11]Dec 3, 2005
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 1,095
    yeah, I remember the racism one. I think they played it during Black History Month.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AnimeMoose

    AnimeMoose

    [12]Dec 3, 2005
    • member since: 07/09/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 340
    I grew Started hating Nick 5 years ago and still do, though my favorite ones were:
    Safety Queen
    Pete and Pete
    The tin foil super-hero guy
    Offbeats
    Safety legue now

    others... :s
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AnimeMoose

    AnimeMoose

    [13]Dec 3, 2005
    • member since: 07/09/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 340
    Envey89 wrote:

    I only remember two shorts. One where it had to do with raceism, then everyone beming numerus ammounts of color (red, blue, yellow, ext). And this relly funny one where three girls were being chased by a huge turkey that they ended up eating at the end


    I remember the Turkey one!

    Also the one with the Rabbit and the car...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Alex6719

    Alex6719

    [14]Dec 28, 2005
    • member since: 08/19/04
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 12
    I loved the superhero misfits of the show that I can't quite remember with Meltman, The Scuba Diving dude, the chick that can fly, and the stupid buff guy. That show was so funny.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Envey89

    Envey89

    [15]Dec 29, 2005
    • member since: 06/12/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,725
    Alex6719 wrote:
    I loved the superhero misfits of the show that I can't quite remember with Meltman, The Scuba Diving dude, the chick that can fly, and the stupid buff guy. That show was so funny.


    meltman, StinkyDiver, The Flesh, and Thundergrl

    Action Leage Now
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of VisionInBlack

    VisionInBlack

    [16]Dec 29, 2005
    • member since: 06/27/03
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 125
    How about these classics:

    Bananaman
    "Dog Brain"
    Sports Cartoons

    You guys have some old classics in there, but these are really old. This may be another one of those times where this site makes me feel like an old man.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Milli19

    Milli19

    [17]Dec 29, 2005
    • member since: 06/25/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 727
    AnimeMoose wrote:
    Envey89 wrote:

    I only remember two shorts. One where it had to do with raceism, then everyone beming numerus ammounts of color (red, blue, yellow, ext). And this relly funny one where three girls were being chased by a huge turkey that they ended up eating at the end


    I remember the Turkey one!

    Also the one with the Rabbit and the car...


    Thats race rabbit I thought the bunny looked adorable in the car
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of peace992

    peace992

    [18]Jan 2, 2006
    • member since: 07/10/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,203
    Milli19 wrote:
    AnimeMoose wrote:
    Envey89 wrote:

    I only remember two shorts. One where it had to do with raceism, then everyone beming numerus ammounts of color (red, blue, yellow, ext). And this relly funny one where three girls were being chased by a huge turkey that they ended up eating at the end


    I remember the Turkey one!

    Also the one with the Rabbit and the car...


    Thats race rabbit I thought the bunny looked adorable in the car


    oh I loved that show! Action Leauge Now was so funny... I miss old nick, I find the old cartoons somewhat funnier than today's cartoons.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Sony931

    Sony931

    [19]Jan 24, 2006
    • member since: 12/26/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 3,169
    Inside Out Boy... Used to be on Nick & the 2 Volumes of Rugrats. I've seen 3 out of 4 episodes of the short. And it scared me but now it's good to see it and the Nickelodeon short featuring all of the old characters all in one.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stillplaygbc

    stillplaygbc

    [20]Jan 24, 2006
    • member since: 07/10/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 275
    Pete & Pete
    Clarrisa
    Salute your shorts
    Are you afraid of the dark?
    Shelby Woo
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.