Forums: Animation: With Cartoon Network being a joke, what cartoons are there to watch?

SokkaAppa

[1]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 11

It seems to me that the Golden Years of cartoon shows were when Cartoon Network was all cartoons when The Grimm adventures of Billy and Mandy, Teen Titans, Justice League, IGPX, Avatar the Last Airbender to name a few, were still on. Now I think Cartoons are dying out, except for anime, cartoons just are not that good anymore.. Ben 10 is the only thing worth watching and SpongeBob and Fairly Oddparents are still great because of the special place they have in my heart. I am wrong, are Cartoons dying out?? {disclaimer: I know anime is not technically a cartoon but i'm lumping it all together under animated television.}

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DaVulture

[2]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 23

I heard Phineas and Ferb on the Disney Channel was good, and I like Spectacular Spiderman on Disney X-2. Wolverine and the X-Men is pretty good also. Other then that I totally agree, Cartoon Network is a joke and the Golden Age is over.

Waggytoon

[3]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 13

There's "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" on Disney Channel and "Kid Vs. Kat" on Disney XD, those are the main two worth watching. And since "Stitch! The Anime" has now been delayed in the U.S., right now, the hour of "L&S" at 5:00 AM on Disney Channel and the various time periods of "KVK" 'Super Stacks' on XD, along with its 6:30 AM airings, are the best shows to watch overall.

"Waggytoon"

SokkaAppa

[4]Mar 8, 2010

Yea but the specatular spiderman has been cancelled or its on a hiatus and Xmen on nicktoons is good but have you seen an episode lately?

Junketsu

[5]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 6

Sadly, it does seem like cartoons are dying out. Frown

There's only a few that are even worth watching and even then they're still mediocre compared to the previous ones.

DaVulture

[6]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 23
    SokkaAppa wrote:

Yea but the specatular spiderman has been cancelled or its on a hiatus and Xmen on nicktoons is good but have you seen an episode lately?

Yeah the status is unknown, I'm really hoping it comes back. But on a brighter note a new Avengers and Tron series. Plus I heard Ninja Turtles were being revived, hopefully this Justin Bieber and Jonas Brothers cult obsession wanes and we can see good cartoons.

DOMOJITA

[7]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 18
    yeah it seems the only things worth watching are pokemon/ bakugon/ family guy/ the simpsons(maybe)/ the cleavland show/ american dad/ and bleach, I wish cn nick disney and g4tv would show good shows agin like the good old days but no thay rather show boreing crap that thay know where gunna hate.

SokkaAppa

[8]Mar 10, 2010
    haha justin bieber. i've made it a mission of mine to never hear one of his songs ever! hahaha

Waggytoon

[9]Mar 10, 2010

Unfortunately, all the great cartoons- with the exceptions of Disney XD's Big Four: "Kid Vs. Kat,""Kick Buttowski,""Jimmy Two-Shoes," and "Phineas and Ferb"- air during the overnight hours on Disney Channel ("The Replacements,""The Emperor's New School,""American Dragon Jake Long,""Brandy & Mr. Whiskers," and especially "Lilo & Stitch: The Series") and nickToons ("Danny Phantom,""Avatar,""Three Delivery,""El Tigre").

Okay, actually, Disney XD's Big Four do air in late night along with "Yin Yang Yo!", while the nickToons shows also air during the daytime. But the Disney Channel series listed are only overnight.

(SPECIAL NOTE: This Saturday night, "The Replacements" and "The Emperor's New School" won't be airing because the hour won't exist! Saturday night/early Sunday morning is the time change, where we move clocks ahead one hour. So these two shows won't be airing then, but they will return the next late night. Just a reminder.)

"Waggytoon"

Underdog121488

[10]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 16
    I really think we're just in a dry spell via cartoons right now.
    We've been through them before. The early 80s for example, cartoons were very much in the same state they are in now.

It'll pass, just give it some time.

DOMOJITA

[11]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 18
    yeah and hope youtube.com will quit being sutch a dick about copy rights and suspending youtubers just becouse thay have videos of pokemon or sonic 4. sorry youtube.com is starting to p*ss me and some other youtubers off lately dont know why iam telling you guys this sints it has nuthing to do with this topic iam just really frustrated with that site.

SokkaAppa

[12]Mar 10, 2010
    thanks but I don't consider of the current cartoons shows you mentioned any good: Emperor's New groove, Avatar, Danny Phantom, Jake Long American Dragon, they have all ended.

Waggytoon

[13]Mar 11, 2010

Which of course leaves "Kid Vs. Kat", "Kick Buttowski", and "Phineas and Ferb" on Disney XD THE ONLY REMAINING FAVORITES still in production. And maybe "Jimmy Two-Shoes", I don't know. Not to mention the segments of Disney XD's dull "Shortstop" compilation series.

Okay, it actually leaves "Kid Vs. Kat" as the only remaining favorite still in production.

"Waggytoon"

Underdog121488

[14]Mar 11, 2010
    Actually, today out of curiosity, I watched The Super Hero Squad Show on Cartoon Network.
    It was a bit silly, but I quite enjoyed it! I recommend giving it a shot.

SokkaAppa

[15]Mar 12, 2010
    kid vs kat ok i'll check that show out them. From the commercials it reminded me of tom and jerry a little. am i wrong?

Waggytoon

[16]Mar 13, 2010

You are wrong. "Kid Vs. Kat" is a fun show! Kat is an alien creature from another planet who ends up on Earth and infiltrates a human family, of which the boy is the one Kat attempts to find ways to annihilate him, while Coop (the boy)'s younger sister Millie tries to defend Kat and clear the creature of any wrongdoing. And in the episode rerun today (and again later tonight) we find out Coop is the descendant of an Egyptian pharaoh who attempted to banish an ancient Egyptian cat Tutankitty thousands of years ago, while Millie is a descendant of the princess who protected Tutankitty. And Kat's collar activated Tutankitty's tomb, causing Tutankitty to appear from inside the tomb with his cat army. Coop was able to close the tomb and seal Tutankitty back in.

Other eps later in the series reveal Kat has a family on his planet, like a wife who received romantic artifacts from Kat who had thought were destroyed when his teleportation device blew up, along with the Burtonburgers' shed. Also, there are episodes where Fishy Frisky Bits figure into the storyline. And also, Kat has to report to a High Commander along with a group of cat superiors, among them Cat Nebula, a couple times during Season 1. Then there are stories where Kat tries to find a way to return home to his planet, but thanks to young boy Coop, the efforts fail miserably.

Season 2 is delayed in the U.S. for some reason, so for now there's the Season 1 episodes to watch on Disney XD.

And for those interested there's 'Phineas and Ferb' along with the new series "Kick Buttowski", along with 'Jimmy Two-Shoes'- whose Saturday morning airings have been reduced to a single short airing after Disney XD's somewhat good 'ShortStop' compilation series consisting of "Marvo the Wonder Chicken,""The Secret Life Of Suckers," and a holdover from last summer's aborted shorts compilation show, 'RoboDz'.

And those are Disney XD's Fab Four-and-a-half on Saturday mornings. The four main half-hour shows air periodically throughout the week, with "Jimmy Two-Shoes" and "Kid Vs. Kat" airing back-to-back early in the morning every morning.

Definitely check out 'Kid Vs. Kat'! It's really great!

"Waggytoon"

SokkaAppa

[17]Mar 14, 2010
    ok i will do that thanks!! haha

Waggytoon

[18]Mar 15, 2010

I believe to most fans, it may seem "Kid Vs. Kat" bears more of a resemblance to "Invader Zim". And with both series airing this month, the comparisons will probably follow.

"Kid Vs. Kat" airs Every Morning at 6:30 AM, Saturday Mornings at 9:30 AM, Saturday Afternoons ('Super Stack') starting at 2:00 PM, Saturday nights at 8:30 PM (AS PART OF THE NEW 'Saturday Morning On Saturday Night' block), occassional Sundays, Thursday Nights at 7:00 PM and 12:00 Midnight, and in various 'Weekday Daytime Super Stacks' between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.

And the Masterpiece Episode "The Kitty Vanishes" has its next scheduled airing Thursday night at 12:00 Midnight (Due to an extended-length movie in the afternoon, the 7:00 PM broadcast will not be airing this week. And that's very upsetting to all the devoted 'Kid Vs. Kat" fans!).

Meanwhile fans are stuck with Season 1 episodes of "Phineas and Ferb" most of the time! The later eps only air Weekend Mornings and Monday nights! What's up with that? That doesn't seem right to Disney XD viewers at all!

And the Saturday Morning "Jimmy Two-Shoes" airings have been reduced to a single short after that mundane 'ShortStop' shorts compilation.

Kat rules Disney XD!

"Waggytoon"

SokkaAppa

[19]Mar 15, 2010
    really?? ok you had me at invader zim!! that show was dope! i'm definitely excited to go watch that show now haha. Thanks dude/dudette.. idk (sorry)

Underdog121488

[20]Mar 16, 2010
    Uhm...i've given a few episodes of KvK a try and it's NOTHING like or even in the realm of coolness that was Zim...