Forums: Animation: Worst english dub anime

TV-PG-Y7

[1]Jul 4, 2009
    • level: 9

What is the worst english dub anime?

My worst english dub anime is:

Naruto: All the characters english voice acting is ok but naruto, I can't stand the english voice acting also Sakura's english voice acting too.

Mirmo De Pon: I seen this in english dub I swear, i feel the english dub stinks because i can't stand the characters on mirmo de pon, they change voice actors in every seasons making the show more horrible.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blackmagechris1

[2]Jul 6, 2009
    • level: 12

Transformers: Armada and Energon

Cartoon Network wanted these shows on a certain date which cause the production of the dub to be rush to death, so bad that America started airing a half a year before Japan did. What we got was a show with incomplete animation and a million plotholes as big as the Unicron singularity. Some of the names got mixed up like Downshift/Cliffjumper, their Japanese names, and all the Minicons were named Leader-1. Voice Acting is basically saying random words with no direction. Alot of important scenes were completely rewritten for no good reason. Energon is one of the worse shows I seen but dubbing makes it even more unwatchable then it is.

Cybertron was a million time better, with actual voices and woolyisms. The Woolyisms made the stock footage scenes watchable. It has some problems like everyone having an accent and this show is pretending to be a sequel of the past two shows but Hasbro say the Unicron Singularity went Infinite Crisis on us.

TV-PG-Y7

[3]Jul 8, 2009
    blackmagechris1 wrote:

Cartoon Network wanted these shows on a certain date which cause the production of the dub to be rush to death, so bad that America started airing a half a year before Japan did. What we got was a show with incomplete animation and a million plotholes as big as the Unicron singularity. Some of the names got mixed up like Downshift/Cliffjumper, their Japanese names, and all the Minicons were named Leader-1. Voice Acting is basically saying random words with no direction. Alot of important scenes were completely rewritten for no good reason. Energon is one of the worse shows I seen but dubbing makes it even more unwatchable then it is.

Cybertron was a million time better, with actual voices and woolyisms. The Woolyisms made the stock footage scenes watchable. It has some problems like everyone having an accent and this show is pretending to be a sequel of the past two shows but Hasbro say the Unicron Singularity went Infinite Crisis on us.

So your saying "Cliffjumper", actually it got its name in the transformers G1 even wikipedia make an article about him too.

dragoneast

[4]Jul 10, 2009
    • level: 3
    I think that the worst was Naruto cartoon used, Bad voice acting and translation all around. The thing that really got to me was Naruto's voice which just got worse and worse. If the voices and translation are as bad as this in Naruto Shippuden, put Shippuden here too.
    Edited on 07/10/2009 5:16pm

ZaleIsBackAgain

[5]Jul 10, 2009
    • level: 47
    Yeah I absolutely cannot stand Naruto's voice. He was already annoying enough in the sub, worse in the dub.

DaVulture

[6]Jul 11, 2009
    • level: 23

I only have two words for you "One Piece"

The 4Kids dub of the cartoon was the worst anime dub that's every put on tv or released on DVD. The Voice of all the characters were horrible, especially Luffy and Sanji. Seriously listen to Sanji's voice and tell me its not bad.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[7]Jul 11, 2009
    • level: 47
    DaVulture wrote:

I only have two words for you "One Piece"

The 4Kids dub of the cartoon was the worst anime dub that's every put on tv or released on DVD. The Voice of all the characters were horrible, especially Luffy and Sanji. Seriously listen to Sanji's voice and tell me its not bad.

I missed that. I don't know what they were thinking with Sanji's voice, he sounds like a fat mafia guy.

EricDent1

[8]Jul 12, 2009
    • level: 7
    I would say Lost Universe, it is the one time that I almost turned off the sound...especially in the "eye catches".

HimekosAhoge

[9]Jul 13, 2009
    • level: 8
    probably Naruto, especially the voice acting for Mr Naruto Uzumaki himself.

blackmagechris1

[10]Jul 13, 2009
    • level: 12
    TV-PG-Y7 wrote:
    blackmagechris1 wrote:

So your saying "Cliffjumper", actually it got its name in the transformers G1 even wikipedia make an article about him too.
    I don't understand what your saying? I know the red bumblebee in G1 is named Cliffjumper. The guy who shares the same name in Energon got his name mixed up with Downshift throughout the show.

Speaking of Transformers, from what I heard of the Singapore dub of Headmasters, Victory, Masterforce is awful. Blaster ended up being named Billy and some of the sentences didn't make sense.

The Japanese version of Beast Wars/Machines is bad as well. They try to the series filled with jokes. Instead of being a smooth and charismatic leader, Megatron was a screaming maniac and a bumbling oaf. They made Rattrap sound like Pikachu to promote Pocket Monsters, Tigatron a Samurai and Airazor a male.

Edited on 07/13/2009 1:18pm

MachineGun_Funk

[11]Jul 14, 2009
    • level: 3
    4kids One Piece dub

TV-PG-Y7

[12]Jul 15, 2009
    blackmagechris1 wrote:
    TV-PG-Y7 wrote:
    blackmagechris1 wrote:

I don't understand what your saying? I know the red bumblebee in G1 is named Cliffjumper. The guy who shares the same name in Energon got his name mixed up with Downshift throughout the show.

Speaking of Transformers, from what I heard of the Singapore dub of Headmasters, Victory, Masterforce is awful. Blaster ended up being named Billy and some of the sentences didn't make sense.

The Japanese version of Beast Wars/Machines is bad as well. They try to the series filled with jokes. Instead of being a smooth and charismatic leader, Megatron was a screaming maniac and a bumbling oaf. They made Rattrap sound like Pikachu to promote Pocket Monsters, Tigatron a Samurai and Airazor a male.

i'll write this in an easy way, log on to wikipedia.com and search for him, got it.

Angus_Mac

[13]Jul 17, 2009
    • level: 71
    EricDent1 wrote:
    I would say Lost Universe, it is the one time that I almost turned off the sound...especially in the "eye catches".

I agree with that. Even if the characters are teenagers, they shouldn't all sound like the girls from those Charlie Brown / Peanuts specials. Stuff like that makes Naruto sound really good.

TV-PG-Y7

[15]Jul 19, 2009
    BoringKid wrote:
    Spongebob Squarepants is the worst english dub anime ever.
    Spongebob Squarepants is not an anime.

Ubercook

[16]Dec 29, 2011
    • level: 1

Higurashi went wrong somewhere.

DBZAOTA482

[17]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 7

One Piece - Obvious reasons (unnecessary edits and changes to the story, god-awful voice acting (except for Zoro and Nami) , hokey dialogue, terrible cartoon orchestra soundtrack, and that rap opening theme song...Cry).

fweak

[18]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 49

Golgo 13, while I am a huge fan of the show, the American accents on characters throughout the season are horrible (and even slightly offensive). It's possible the thick, stereotypical accents are intentional (since the main character Duke Togois from Japan visiting the US), but it can be rather distracting.

Queshin

[19]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 8

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has a really bad voice acting. I have not watched it in japanese but I have read the manga. Read the manga it is amazing (sorry to go off topic!!).

timgueguen

[20]Mar 6, 2012
    • level: 13
    I'm guessing none of you have watched the old English dub of Macross II. To quote myself from years ago it "sounds like it was translated from Japanese into some other language, THEN English, and dubbed by half drunk voice actors."