Forums: Ask the Editors: David Grubka should be removed from your website

FleshFiends

[1]May 6, 2006
    • level: 1

This person has been submitting false information and false credits to various websites to bulk up his imaginary career in showbusiness. Someone mentioned a film on the horror boards at IMDB, which caused me to uncover a literal chain reaction of false information that was promptly removed when IMDB researched it. The film was "Night of the Dead" (1993) and the person asked about its availability. I followed the link they provided and clicked on the lead actor's name, David Grubka. On his filmography I noticed the title "The Sorority House Murders." This movie supposedly stars Ginger Lynn Allen and Yvonne de Carlo (what a combo!), and it also has not been released. A director, producer or writer was not supplied for either film. A few months back, I had previously researched Sorority House Murders because I'm a huge Yvonne de Carlo fan and had come up empty handed. No one knew a thing about this film. Night of the Dead started to reek of falsehood, almost like it did not even exist, especially since it links directly to Sorority House Murders, which from all indications does not exist either. At this point I was just assuming this information was false.

Checking the same elusive actor's (David Grubka) filmography further, I see another unknown horror film called The Last Prom from 1988. This title also seemed like a phony. Someone by the name of "CarolAE716 "reviewed" two of the films later determined by IMDB to be fake. Another that's still up (and shouldn't be) is "Santa Monica Boulevard" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274788/). Guess who stars? That's right... David Grubka again! Along with Scott Wolf. I checked with a Scott Wolf fansite and they said that he never appeared in a movie called "Santa Monica Boulevard." Hmmm... People are even on the message boards wondering when it's getting released. My guess is NEVER because it does not exist. In fact, I'm positive that NONE of these four movies "starring" David Grubka existed. They are all fake!

1.) None has been released on video or DVD and none had any kind of theatrical showing. There is virtually no information about these movies anywhere and a bare minimum on IMDB.

2.) No one on the horror boards have seen the movies, and these people can dig up the most obscure titles know to man.

3.) All star the same guy, whose only other credits are uncredited bit parts.

4.) I also spoke to a person who runs a Yvonne de Carlo fan site and they say that Yvonne never appeared in a movie called Sorority House Murders.

In any case, I submitted my findings to IMDB, they did their research and immediately removed most of the fake films "starring" David Grubka off. The official cast list for the North Shore episode you have for Mr. Grubka is also up, and guess what? No David Grubka on there either! And a new credit popped up for Grubka on IMDB for Into the Blue. When I checked the end credits of the film, not surprisingly, his name was not listed. It's obvious this person is going around to various websites submitting false information to create a fantacized career for himself. All you have to do is check the credits yourself to see what I mean.

In any case, the administrators of this website should remove his name immediately. Do just a little research around the web and you will see exactly what I mean about this person being a phony. Many sites had him listed as you all do, but his credits were eventually discovered as fake and removed. You all should do the same in this instance. This person is a fraud who has probably never set foot on a movie or TV set in his entire life.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zoeylink2007

[2]May 6, 2006
    I agrree with you if someone enters false information about them selfs should be banned from this site as it isnt fair on orther members who do post and are honset.
    It also gives this site a bad name as well as a bad reputation.

FleshFiends

[3]May 7, 2006
    Exactly. If everyone did this then no TV or movie websites would hold an ounce of credibility, nor would they be the slightest bit useful. Basically some people and I from IMDB searched for a couple of those fake movies this person created out of thin air and became really angry when we discovered they did not actually exist.

history_girl

[4]May 7, 2006
    • level: 55
    Great research - how annoying of someone to do that! The only way to remove him would be to PM one of the staff with as much info as you can.

Also you could submit deletions to the 4 he has 'appeared' in.
    Edited on 05/07/2006 12:12am

marvelfan89

[5]May 7, 2006
    • level: 39

Youll find a lot of phony people on the internet. Unfortunately IMDB's track record for this sort of thing is very bad if not average. This is the same place that's crawling with trolls that are not banned by administrators unless theyre literally bombared by reports and even then they still may not act. Good job on uncovering that.

tammyluvsspike

[6]May 8, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
    Edited on 05/09/2006 11:42am