Forums: Ask the Editors: Editor from Trusted Contributor - Help!

Angie_Jane

[1]Dec 11, 2012
    • level: 44

I was recently made a Trusted Contributor forArcher, and was under the impression that I would not be able to be the Editor this way. I was okay with that because I don't feel comfortable "stealing" an editorship from another user.

However, I just got a message saying that I'm now the editor of the show! How can I fix this?

~Angie

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skeeter291

[2]Dec 12, 2012
    • level: 60
    Hi Angie!

From what I can see it looks like the editor retired and you having the next highest CP Points got moved up. The system doesn't show retired editors anymore so you might want to contact the editor that made you a TU and see if... what I said above is correct. I hope this points you in the right direction.
    Scott-

Angie_Jane

[3]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 44

I e-mailed the editor, and she says that she did NOT retire. What do I do?!

skeeter291

[4]Dec 14, 2012
    If the editor didn't retire then I would contact, etong87 , (a staff member) to see what's going on. There could have been a glitch when they rolled out one of the new updates and upgrades that have been going on recently.

Gislef

[5]Dec 18, 2012
    • level: 101
    Any word on this? I've noticed several odd retirements myself. Some had missed the seven day turnaround, but not more than once that I know of. On at least one occasion, I'm pretty sure one retired editor was responding within 7 days on all subs for one show.

Staff has said that typically someone gets at least one warning. But other then that, the whole MIA process still seems like a deep dark mystery of "every case is different." Not sure why it's a secret, but how can you make sure you're not MIA if no one knows what it means? Or if what we're told is rarely followed?
    Edited on 12/18/2012 9:37pm

skeeter291

[6]Dec 21, 2012
    Hi Angie! Any update on this? I think that Gislef is correct on the policy but with all the changes in staff things could have gone astray. Also, I thought came to me that, I think, you could make the former editor a Trusted User until this mess gets sorted out. Just a thought.

Scott-

TheOldBill

[7]Jan 10, 2013
    • level: 94

The rules are at Reporting Problem and MIA Editors and haven't changed since they were introduced in early 2006. However, staff interpretation of the rules and enforcement of sanctions changes as the personnel does.

At one time, you could report a long-term absentee and he/she would be dismissed from all guides (or, at least, those guides that you mentioned in your PM). Staff then stopped checking the ReportMIAEditor account, so an editor would only be dealt with if a sub was unmoderated for seven days, then a second sub was unmoderated for seven days, at which point the editor might be dismissed from all guides if s/he had been a long-term absentee. And now?

I reported one irregular attender who had been absent for more than 30 days. As expected, noone read the PM I sent to the ReportMIAEditor account. I did, however, copy the message directly to etong87, who replied that "Our MIA Editor system should handle these issues. If the editor is moderating their submissions within 7 days, they are not doing anything wrong." I can confirm that the 30-day rule no longer applies. There is no need (or point) in reporting an editor as MIA: an editor is only MIA if s/he leaves subs unmoderated and fails to respond to a staff PM noting the failure to moderate said subs. And the editor is only dismissed from the guide in question.

Regarding the original post, retirement remains irreversible, regardless of the circumstances.

ssjain

[8]May 14, 2013
    • level: 35

The http://www.tv.com/users/reportmiaeditor/ profile is not found any more and the 7 day rule has not being checked on the last week or two week. I currently have one submission to be moderated 12 days so far!