Forums: Australia: Prime time tv shows are all rubbish

LoungeCritic

[1]Sep 29, 2010
    • level: 1

Received TV guide today for this week, only problem is there is nothing interesting to watch (as usual) in the evenings or through the day.

Wednesday- Nothing interesting at all..... Thursday- All rubbish again..... Friday- Might be lucky and get a movie...... Saturday- Possible movie....... Sunday- C R A P....... Monday- Thank goodness there is Good News Week, and that's all...... Tuesday- More rubbish......

I am very disappointed with our TV stations, They do not seem to know/relise that most of us Aussies don't like many American Sit Com's. I think it is time for our TV stations to stop broadcasting the silly American shows and start producing more Aussie shows.

As for the new channels going to air. I class them as "time machines" as they are only showing very old programs, that are past there used by date.

Come on Australian TV stations, you all should be providing us with something decent to watch. STOP THE RUBBISH.

SBS and ABC seem to have the best shows at present.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LSyd

[2]Oct 2, 2010
    • level: 17
    I don't entirely agree with your comments about the new channels. ABC has been doing a great job with theirs. SBS has been moving its more obscure foreign programming to SBS2 to free SBS1 up for the higher rating shows. The commercial networks are pretty much as you say. They're either classics or more sport.

7/9/10 basically think that anything goes as long as it gets people to watch more ads, and people are getting pretty fed up with their shenanigans (i.e. not sticking to schedule so that people's recordings are ruined). I wish the government would tighten up the broadcasting regulations so that the networks are forced to stop treating us all with contempt in that regard. And also require a minimum amount of new content on the extra channels or else the license goes to someone else who will use it properly.

tv_buffy_addict

[3]Dec 12, 2010
    • level: 9

Yeah, I've really been liking ABC this year, especially because they do stick to the schedule and don't JUST play american shows. Also, Nine really needs some more stuff because at the moment is seems they have Two and A Half Men or Big Bang Theory on.

ali_tv_fan

[6]May 19, 2011
    • level: 13
    Honestly, you're better to go to the dvd store and rent a few good tv series and watch those instead.

I recommend Being Human (ABC) to anyone who hasn't seen it

Happy to recommend anything else......I haven't watched FTA tv in 2 years.

lord_ratman_IV

[7]Jul 27, 2011
    • level: 22

ABC ruined being human for me, well watching it anyways. They showed part of the next episode in an ad and ruined a mini cliff-hanger.

ali_tv_fan

[8]Jul 28, 2011
    • level: 13
    Very true. It's better to invest $40 and buy the 3 seasons so far on dvd.

wowgoldwen

[9]Jan 25, 2012

Hello,everybody.I'm new here.If you want to make friends to me ,just contact me.

brijroo

[11]Mar 7, 2012

Same here in the UK. I'm an expat Aussie living in the UK 5 years now. They love their soaps & still watch neighbors ugh! They have no Oprah And I've had to live without for 5 years now. I hate that Proprietary stuff. I would love to watch some Aussie stuff & would watch O online but content is blocked if you're not in that country. So many channels here but mostly repeats of old stuff like CSI - the same show repeated daily for a week??. Lots of Food shows make English TV watchable. TV really starts here at 8pm & you might find something to watch. Like last night Gok Wan's Made in China. A TV celebrity Fashion Designer here who goes home to his Father's Country. Twas Excellent to see inside the real China Factories! UK can take documentaries to another level & that's good. DONT miss the number & length of TV ads in OZ but do miss the fact that you could plan your day around the programs (even if sometimes not on time).

brijroo

[12]Mar 9, 2012
    Not nice! thought Aussies were still nice & that Civil Liberties still exist there - don't abuse them

ChipsTheButler

[13]Mar 11, 2012
    • level: 9
    If you don't like what's on TV, perhaps getting a hobby would work. It did for me.

Johamp

[14]Mar 13, 2012
    Yeah i find myself going back to the DVD collection more frequently of late. I loved fringe and it got canned! Most good shows I liked are no longer on free to air. Disappointing really.

RonSKii006

[15]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 3
    Download the TV shows you want to watch, problem solved.

Tolwyn

[16]Jul 9, 2012
    I think there is plenty to watch. My only real complaint about changes to the programming is that Channel 1 doesn't play much sport anymore. Personally I don't mind American sitcoms though older stuff like Seinfeld for example was way better than the newer stuff like The Office and Community.

trentaaron

[17]Jul 12, 2012

Tricky Business on Channel Nine is a great Aussie show but Nine has decided to axe it!!!

Typical. We never support Aussie drama!

Sign the petition if you want to try and save this great show!!

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/save-tricky-business.html