Forums: Canada: Need help from you lovely Canadians

ollyhume

[1]Jun 3, 2010
    • level: 8

I'm one of the TV editors at [not allowed to say the name of site] I'm starting to do weekly articles about some of the best shows from around the world that are underated and often overlooked. I'm pretty well equiped to look at UK and US TV but very rarely get the opportunity to watch many other international shows. Could any of you guys give me some ideas of great TV programmes or point me in the right direction so I don't miss out any treasures.

Any help will be much appreciated!

I know of The Border, Flashpoint and The Bridge but I was looking for some lesser known ones.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sandbur

[2]Jun 9, 2010
    • level: 25

Murdoch Mysteries is a murder mystery/early forensics show set in 1890's Toronto and airs on CityTV (also on ITV in UK I believe.) One of my favourites.

Republic of Doyle is a really well done dramedy series just completed season one, and airing on CBC which is about a family of Private Investigators based in St. John's Newfoundland. The cases are good and the drama side of the series, and the family is about as dysfunctional as it gets, providing the comedy side of the series.

You have Flashpoint, and those are my three favourites now that Corner Gas has gone off the air. Little Mosque on the Prairie (a CBC comedy) is also good occasionally, but just as often, fails to live up to it's potential.

cross_mr

[3]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 9
    Hiccups and Dan for Mayor are a couple other shows from the Corner Gas guys. Hiccups has been pretty funny thus far and Dan for May not too bad.

Jon_MW_14

[4]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 39

Being Erica is about Erica Strange, a woman who begins seeing a therapist to deal with regrets in her life, only to discover the therapist has the ability to send her back in time to actually relive these events, at times, to even change them.

sandbur

[5]Jul 11, 2010
    • level: 25

Rick Mercer Report? A little levity with the news from around the globe, but mostly Canada, delivered with the same jaundiced but witty bent as Jon Stewart uses so well. Sometimes it's a real miss, sometimes it's bang-on classic, but mostly it's pretty good.

coolestlady

[6]Jan 23, 2012
    • level: 2

Storm Internet TV for Canada

Free on PC and Mac
    Free on TV too (just one time cost of getting full featured internet on TV)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Call 18889087621 to get a free estimation of the cost of setting up Storm on your TV

nullnull11

[7]Feb 12, 2012
    • level: 1

Try www.webtvguide.ca not sure if it works in the states but it lists all the stations available online in Canada and you could check the shows yourself.

nullnull11

[8]Feb 12, 2012
    • level: 1

Try http://www.webtvguide.canot sure if it works in the states but it lists all the stations available online in Canada and you could check the shows yourself.

davmaster

[9]Feb 29, 2012
    • level: 13

The L.A. Complex is a relatively new show that is turning out to be REALLY good. It's about up and coming actors and actresses in LA, looking to make it big. I think it might be coming to the CW in spring, actually.

suzy3852

[10]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 3

do they have to be on now or no longer on but as repeats? cause i live in the US and we get couple shows from canada i really enjoyed but no longer on tv. da vinci code and forever knight. psych is from what i understand is made in canada though suppose to be set iin california. same thing with supernatural

do you need to watch these shows cause the link here provides these shows online http://watchseries.eu/letters/A