Forums: Children: A show or character you wished would disappear.

ktfahel

[41]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 16

How do I dislike "Dora"...let me count the ways!!!

The poor animation. The horrible music. Dora's voice. Swiper. BOOTS!!!!! The fact that the characters are so demanding: "Say 'backpack'! Say 'backpack'! Say 'Map'! SAY 'MAP'!" Have they EVER heard of the word "please"? I think not. There's more, but I'll stop there.

How about, "Caillou"? I'm honestly hard-put to say what I dislike about that show. Maybe it's the fact that it always has a fuzzy, dream-implying outline. Maybe it's Caillou's "personality". I just know that, while my daughters can't stand "Dora" and spare me that agony, they actually LIKE "Caillou" and I can't think of a good reason for them NOT to watch it. Thankfully, it's not often.

I think others have covered "Spongebob" well enough. Let's just say that I'm in agreement (and, once again, thankful that my daughters can't stand it either).

While I'm a lifelong "Sesame Street" fan, I DO have to admit that I would willingly take Baby Bear out hunting...if you know what I mean. I hate how he has an adult vocabulary with a baby accent. "He's a hewo; he's a guy...he's a hewo; he's a guy...you know who he is...he's DAH DAH DAH...Hewo Guy!" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH!!!

"Little Bear". Although it is beautifully animated, it is so everloving BORING! It has one pace...agonizingly slow. While "Franklin" is similar, while it is not as well animated, it has a better pace and more fun and interesting characters (even if I DO want to slap Beaver upside the head).

"Oswald". I would say that it resembles a bad drug trip, but I have never done drugs, so I really couldn't say. It's just too freaky (and my 6-year-old is watching it right now, so it's fresh in my mind). I can't hear the Henry the penguin without thinking "Squiggy!" David Landers really should have altered his voice just a little.

The girls watch "Fresh Beat Band" and "Yo Gabba Gabba", which I find mildly annoying and patronizing...but fairly innocuous (but YGG has better music).

Edited on 08/05/2011 4:05am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Eternities22

[42]Aug 24, 2011
    • level: 4

They need to cancel SpongeBob, I'm fed up with them making new seasons with ridiculous episode ideas (many of which invovle SpongeBob being deliberately annoying). A show that was once a classic that rarely failed to impress, has become one of the most moronic shows on television. It's really, really sad. SpongeBob never used to be annoying, he used to be witty, unafraid togo to thecreative extreme,and sweetly eccentric. Now, he's a toddler, and all he wants to do is make people's lives hell. It's crushing to know that my childhood hero has been forever destroyed.

MrILT

[43]Aug 16, 2012
    • level: 1
    At this point in time, it's about time Nickelodeon gets rid of Spongebob. he's been running longer than Rugrats, and his new episodes really suck. But i know he's going to be running for a few more years because of the second movie that's coming up.
    Another show I wish never existed is iCarly. It's.... stupid.

ktfahel

[44]Sep 2, 2012
    • level: 16

MrILT wrote:
    At this point in time, it's about time Nickelodeon gets rid of Spongebob. he's been running longer than Rugrats, and his new episodes really suck. But i know he's going to be running for a few more years because of the second movie that's coming up. Another show I wish never existed is iCarly. It's.... stupid.

THANK YOU!!! My daughters love "Victorious" - oddly enough, my husband and I do, too - but when we tried to watch "iCarly", we were all dismayed at how smarmy the Carly character is and how mean-spirited the entire rest of the cast is. After only one viewing, the only time the girls will watch "iCarly" is if it is the episode "iParty with Victorious".

camplazlo11

[45]Apr 25, 2013
    • level: 10

@crystaldragon10 and others:

happy spring peoples, here are my opinions that are 100% worry free :

johnny test: it's a whole show being a blatant knock off of dexter's lab because johnny and dukey are the world's worst characters ever. johnny copies dee dee, and his twin sisters also copy dexter the ultimate boy genius, so dee dee is far superior because she is the sweetest girl, and a funniest girl, even though dexter calls her dumb. we all need to avoid this show, and watch some MTV music or sports network to repel johnny's annoying spirit . not to annoy you, but this show has god awful graphics, choppiest animation, and the most horrendous episodes made i've ever seen since the wand of gamelon and faces of evil on phillips CDi. in other words, dee dee is the beast of all beauty and ballet dancing along with mee mee and lee lee .

lego ninjago masters of ninjutsu: i have not watched this show yet, but here's my opinion on it, cause i like ya alot. it is unknown if it is a ninja turtles knockoff, but not that bad.

dora the explorer: i agree with the other people, but dora is an overwhelmingly horrible show just for 11 reasons: 1: the show's episodes plot makes extremely little or no sense at all. 2: it uses real bad voice acting, such as mark weiner; the one dee bradley baker knockoff, and a bunch of others. 3: this show needs to stop repeating the overused stuff, such as the bad singing. 4: the characters really serve no purpose. 5: it makes silver surfer on the NES play great. 6: she always asks questions like, "where's the mountain?", but that makes me rage quit on my own windows notepad stories . 7: only people who are hardcore at spanish should watch this show. 8: dora should really needs to take lessons from a spanish teacher. 9: it's either an underrated or an overrated holy water grail. 10: the music is torture to our ears, because it sound's like nails on the chalkboard sound like taylor swift. 11: the show should be nominated for a golden turkey award for the following categories: worst performance by a child/animal, worst soundtrack, most uneducational educational TV show, and... make your own turkey awards to your likings.

this is my post, and happy spring to you all. so to all, a good buzzing blossom .