Forums: Children: Anyone else think that Disney Channel is slowing getting better?

InvaderWeezle

[1]Jul 28, 2012
    • level: 2

Without a doubt, Disney Channel looked plain awful for several years. Most, if not all, of their shows were impossible to watch. But then Hannah Montana ended (finally), and it seems like Disney has only gotten better since then. Most of their current shows are actually tolerable, and it seems like they're actually making an honest effort to make better shows. What do you guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Waggytoon

[2]Jul 30, 2012
    • level: 13

I believe Disney Channel has made some improvement, but not too much. The network still gives "Phineas and Ferb" major airtime, and it has that new animated series "Gravity Falls" building up its popularity, but it seems to have cut back on "Fish Hooks" for some strange reason. Disney Channel needs to get more quality animation in its lineup to improve more than it currently has.

"Waggytoon"Wink

InvaderWeezle

[3]Jul 30, 2012

Waggytoon wrote:

I believe Disney Channel has made some improvement, but not too much. The network still gives "Phineas and Ferb" major airtime, and it has that new animated series "Gravity Falls" building up its popularity, but it seems to have cut back on "Fish Hooks" for some strange reason. Disney Channel needs to get more quality animation in its lineup to improve more than it currently has.

"Waggytoon"

Eh, when I said that Disney Channel has improved, I guess I was more referring to their sitcoms (that's what Wikipedia calls them and I can't think of a better word). I honestly hate their cartoons. Phineas and Ferb is basically the Disney version of SpongeBob, while Fish Hooks and Gravity Falls both seem very stupid.

Thunder

[4]Aug 4, 2012
    • level: 3

no offense, but why are 18 +year olds watching baby networks like CN, NICK, AND DISNEY?

InvaderWeezle

[5]Aug 4, 2012

Thunder wrote:

no offense, but why are 18 +year olds watching baby networks like CN, NICK, AND DISNEY?

Actually, I'm 17. And I watch Disney for the cute girls.

ktfahel

[6]Aug 4, 2012
    • level: 16

Thunder wrote:

Let me tell you a story.

About 12 years ago my husband and I went through a very, very traumatic period. Long story short: we lost our house in a real estate scam.We were so traumatized that we were actually diagnosed PTSD. When we got to the place where we were staying for a while until we could get back on our feet, that first day, all we did was sit huddled together on the couch watching the Disney channel. It was safe, fun, entertaining and calming. We were in our late 30s and childless.

Now that we DO have children, we watch Disney & Nick with them...but it's almost like "comfort food" for us, still.

Good enough reason?

Kelanthayet

[7]Aug 5, 2012
    • level: 5

I think it might be, although I don't watch it much. The only shows I really like on there are Phineas and Ferb, Wizards of Waverly Place, and Good Luck Charlie.

Waggytoon

[8]Aug 7, 2012

The only shows worth watching on Disney Channel are "Phineas and Ferb", "Fish Hooks", and "Gravity Falls". End of story.

"Waggytoon"Wink

Thunder

[9]Aug 9, 2012
    ktfahel wrote:

Thunder wrote:

Let me tell you a story.

About 12 years ago my husband and I went through a very, very traumatic period. Long story short: we lost our house in a real estate scam.We were so traumatized that we were actually diagnosed PTSD. When we got to the place where we were staying for a while until we could get back on our feet, that first day, all we did was sit huddled together on the couch watching the Disney channel. It was safe, fun, entertaining and calming. We were in our late 30s and childless.

Now that we DO have children, we watch Disney & Nick with them...but it's almost like "comfort food" for us, still.

Good enough reason?

I never really watched Disney, and I outgrew CN and Nick, because most of the programming is nonsensical and just, well, mediocore.

I don't really watch TV anymore. because there is nothing for me that I like.

I find other ways of entertainment.

Thunder

[10]Aug 9, 2012
    InvaderWeezle wrote:

Thunder wrote:

Actually, I'm 17. And I watch Disney for the cute girls.

Oh, you pervert lol.

InvaderWeezle

[11]Aug 9, 2012
    I'm not a pervert. The girls on Disney (well, the ones I like, at least) are all appropriately aged for me, lol.

Waggytoon

[12]Aug 10, 2012

Which one, Candace Flynn or Mabel Pines? Just wondering.

"Waggytoon"Laughing

InvaderWeezle

[13]Aug 11, 2012
    Waggytoon wrote:

"Waggytoon"

lol, not cartoon characters. The actual actresses on Disney. The ones who I think are cute are Peyton List (Emma Ross on Jessie), Laura Marano (Ally Dawson on Austin & Ally), Bella Thorne (CeCe Jones on Shake It Up), and Stephanie Scott (Lexi Reed on A.N.T. Farm).

Waggytoon

[14]Aug 13, 2012

Here's something interesting: A few years ago Disney Channel had Jake Long, but now it has Jake Short! He's one of the kids from "A.N.T. Farm". It's a little quirky, isn't it?

"Waggytoon"Smile

MrILT

[15]Aug 13, 2012
    • level: 1
    I think Disney Channel is getting just a little better, but not by much. The only shows i can tolerate on the network are Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls. When it comes to sitcoms,they haven't really improved there either. i'll watch Good Luck Charlie every now an then, but otherwise, seeing a Disney Channel sitcom makes me want to jump into a shark tank.

Spinosaurus

[16]Oct 21, 2012

InvaderWeezle wrote:
    Waggytoon wrote:

"Waggytoon"

lol, not cartoon characters. The actual actresses on Disney. The ones who I think are cute are Peyton List (Emma Ross on Jessie), Laura Marano (Ally Dawson on Austin & Ally), Bella Thorne (CeCe Jones on Shake It Up), and Stephanie Scott (Lexi Reed on A.N.T. Farm).

Ah yes, Bella Thorne. Something alluring about her. I should also mention Olivia Holt (Kim Crawford on Kickin' It).

Edited on 10/21/2012 4:52am