Forums: Children: Disney Channel Orginal movies (all of them)

Waggytoon

[81]Jan 13, 2011
    • level: 13

Nowadays some of the more classic DCOMs air in the wee hours of weekend mornings before the bland Playhouse Disney (about to become Disney Junior!) preschool pablum block.

And perhaps someone could let the fans know the exact order of release for every DCOM to date. Wasn't the last DCOM "16 Wishes"? Or was there another after that?

In my book, I don't care for any of the DCOMs. They're not my type.

"Waggytoon"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

purplewowies

[82]Jan 30, 2011
    • level: 18
    16 Wishes wasn't a DCOM (it was aired on Disney, but wasn't a DCOM). The last DCOM to premiere was Avalon High.

The Wikipedia page for DCOMs (unlike some entertainment-related Wikipedia pages) is pretty reliable for order and airdates:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disney_Channel_Original_Movies

Classic DCOMs have been airing at 2:30/3:00 for awhile. I've got my four favorites recorded on a VHS because Disney does that, and I love them for not getting rid of that when they got rid of the other good overnight stuff.
    Edited on 01/30/2011 12:09am

Waggytoon

[83]Jan 31, 2011

Disney Channel got rid of the WRONG good overnight stuff! They should have gotten rid of those DCOMs on the weekends, NOT the popular animated shows like the extremely legndary "Lilo & Stitch: The Series"! Disney Channel ruined overnight for everyone! Now we've got those DCOMs still on the weekends, 'Phineas and Ferb' weeknights, and the about-to-become Disney Junior preschool pablum every early morning at 4:00 AM! And Disney Channel calls that quality overnight programming? Not in this lifetime, bud!!

"Waggytoon"

eatbugs

[84]Aug 20, 2011
    • level: 4

No love for Rip Girls? That was one of my favourites as well as a lot of the other movies people have mentioned. I stopped watching DCOMs after 2004. 1996-2004 was when they made the best movies in my opinion. Maybe that is because I was between the ages of 7 and 15 then, but the movies they make lately seem to be less intelligent compared to the old classics. I think they don't want to ruin the "fragile psyche" of today's kids. Most of these old films are probably now deemed inappropriate for kids. It's a shame they don't show the old ones because a lot of those I could still watch today without feeling my IQ plummet.

Waggytoon

[85]Aug 23, 2011

Disney Channel no longer airs their original movies in the wee hours of weekend mornings. Now it's back-to-back "Suite Life On Deck" followed by a "Super Stack' of "Phineas and Ferb"- every morning.

"Waggytoon"Smile

Ajhzkid

[86]Mar 12, 2012
    • level: 1

I don't know if this was a Family channel original movie or not but I think I remember watching about this smart boy who makes a green head like toy and I think there was a computer chip or something that had to go in it....sorry this isn't much but I really wantsome help[ to figure this out

Waggytoon

[87]Mar 14, 2012

I stand corrected on my previous mention. Disney Channel still has movies airing in the wee hours of weekend mornings starting around 2:30 AM. My mistake. Thank you.

"Waggytoon"Foot in mouth

RomitaModi

[88]Jul 23, 2012
    HEY!! everyone, yes! It really brings quite a good old memories! I mean everyone of us have grown up watching disney stuff! Now when are children are growing up, there is more new stuff for them! And sometime we too enjoy watching it with them, but i rather prefer that my child read books and watch less of TV as his eye-sight will be weak, when he grows up! So, I rather tell him to focus on his huge collection of story -books! His favorite character is spider man! He is such a big fan of it, that even got spider man costume too! I got spider man story book for him from hushbabies! And now he is after me, he wants all the volumes !! There are a lot of comic toons to choose from, that he himself chooses it, and tells me to buy for them!! Now. i can surely say that books are children's best friends!!

vladymyre18

[89]Jul 24, 2012
    you watch this at online tv...

alishaabartho

[90]Jan 14, 2013

really do wishtheycould show back all these old movies they are really better than he new ones plz bring back the old movies they are the best maybe if they do we the adults who where once kids watching those same old movies will once again enjoywatchingthem again for once plz bring them back onDisney.

ktfahel

[91]Jan 17, 2013
    • level: 16

I disagree. While seeing the old movies again once in a while would be great, I would - as an adult - also like to see some good NEW movies and shows...emphasis on "good".