Forums: Children: Help! Anyone remember this 80s kid's show? Costume animals living in a forest..

TataNaka

[1]May 12, 2007
    • level: 3

Hi, does anyone remember this 80's or early 90's kid's show which has eluded me for the longest time. It had live-action people dressed up in full animal costumes, with the animals living in cottages in a forest. The only animals I can remember are a big goose and possibly a bear. They would visit each others cottages, get into scrapes and try and solve them I think. The forest looked very real to me, it didn't look like one of those fake sets. I think it might've been a Canadian, English or French kid's show. The intro of the show was a wide shot of the forested area, and it would slowly pan closer into the trees and down to the cottages of the animals. There might've been a pond somewhere. Please help! This was my favorite show and for the life of me I can't find it. Only one of my friends remembers it, so I definitely didn't imagine up the whole thing, but I'm assuming it wasn't hugely popular.

Also, I'm very sure it wasn't Zoobilee Zoo, Bananas in Pajamas, Bear in the Big Blue House, Dumbo's Circus, Pooh's Corner, Mother Goose tales, The Banana Splits, or the Elephant Show. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Polka Dot Door/Polka Dot Shorts either.

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

-Silverstar-

[2]May 12, 2007
    • level: 9
    The only costumed animals show that I know about from the 90's was Rimba's Island, which aired on Wednesday mornings on the now defunct Fox Cubhouse.

TataNaka

[3]May 12, 2007
    I looked it up but I don't think it was Rimba's Island. Thanks though!

darklordavaitor

[4]May 12, 2007
    • level: 21
    There's a topic for this kind of stuff, you know. This is just dead space. Wish I could help you, though. Wind In The Willows, maybe?
    Edited on 05/12/2007 8:09am

TataNaka

[5]May 12, 2007
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't notice the "What Was This Show Called" thread earlier. Hopefully a moderator can merge this thread to it. It's not Wind in The Willows, that was stop motion animation which I loved, but the show I'm looking for was live action with real ppl in full costumes. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Polyhymnia

[6]May 15, 2007
    • level: 7
    Was it Zoobalie Zoo? It was on what later became the WB in my neighborhood and it had live action animals who lived in houses. I remember the girls for some reason. One was a kangaroo and the other a green parrot. I think I remember the bear too... wasn't he a painter or something?

-Silverstar-

[7]May 16, 2007
    • level: 9

Sorry, but TataNaka said the show he/she is thinking about wasn't Zoobilee Zoo.

FTR, no, the bear wasn't a painter. He was an explorer or something to that effect. He was into adventure, I remember that much. I'm not bragging about this, but I still remember all of the Zoobles' names and hobbies/interests:

Mayor Ben-a leopard who was the mayor (obviously!), didn't participate in the stories much, but appeared at the beginning and end of every show. Played by Ben Vereen.

Van Go Lion-the painter/artist

Bill Der Beaver-the inventor; he changed actors about halfway through the show

Whazzat Kangaroo-the musician

Lookout Bear-the adventurer

Bravo Fox-the actor

Talkatoo Cockatoo-the writer

I only remember all this because I was home all day at the time; I was 'between things' job-wise when the show aired.

Edited on 05/16/2007 5:51am