Forums: Children: Playhouse Disney Rebranding as Disney Junior, Launching New Network

Waggytoon

[41]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 13

My guess is that it's being pre-empted this week for a special 'Little Einsteins' episode that may have something to do with the luck of the Irish or something, since it would technically be the overnight of St. Patrick's Day. But I could be wrong. Check back next week to see if the 'Dalmatians' series resumes, or if it's unfortunately dropped after only 4 or 5 half-hours of the series have aired.

"Waggytoon"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[42]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 66
    I recently switched to cable, which only shows one week of listings, instead of two, like I had with satellite. I just checked with Zap2It, though, and... no joy. It's showing Little Einsteins for the 25th as well.

Waggytoon

[43]Mar 17, 2011

So unfortunately, the "Dalmatians" animated series comeback was short-lived. Too bad. At this critical juncture in world developments, we needed those pups to cheer us up with their fun and enjoyment.

Thanks a lot, Disney Channel, for an all-too-brief boost in your Disney Junior ratings. Now they're going to plummet back down to record low levels in the early morning.

"Waggytoon"

agent_0042

[44]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 66
    Well, I wouldn't give up on it entirely. They did do a 101 Dalmatians version of the logo, so maybe it'll resurface once they move to the full 24/7 network. Yeah, I know, that's a long ways away still.

Waggytoon

[45]Jul 25, 2011

BIG NEWS! Disney Channel has cut back on its Disney Junior schedule. The bland preschool lineup is now starting at 6:00 AM EVERY MORNING! Where Disney Junior used to start is now devoted to 'Super Stacks' of "Phineas and Ferb" beginning at 4:00 AM.

At least it's somewhat better than the early Disney Junior airings.

"Waggytoon"Smile

Waggytoon

[46]Jan 3, 2012

AN IMPORTANT REMINDER: The 24-hour channel version of Disney Junior will launch on January 16. This is so the current network in the spot, SOAPNet, can be able to air for its viewers the final episodes of lousy soap "One Life To Live" before the soap, and the network, go off the air.

Who knows what's going to air on Disney Junior? Among the shows is the new "Octonauts" series along with the familiar shows that have aired on Disney Channel this past year.

But then, once Disney Junior's 24-hour channel is launched, what will happen to the time periods on Disney Channel? Will they remain connected to Disney Junior, or will the main network revamp its schedule?

The answers will come on January 16.

"Waggytoon"Innocent

tvaddict_14

[47]Jan 10, 2012
    • level: 10
    Disney is doing whatever they can to compete with Nickelodeon, even stealing their name lol. Nick Jr. >>> Disney Junior. I'm not impressed, I feel that Playhouse Disney was a very unique name. Poor SoapNet is leaving but I guess with all the soaps being cancelled now it was expected. We don't need anymore preschool channels, especially if the original network is still going to have a programming block for them.

Waggytoon

[48]Jan 11, 2012

And I have an official confirmation on the launch of the 24-hour version of Disney Junior: According to TV GUIDE Magazine (in the article "Extreme Channel Makeovers"), the Disney Junior network launches on Friday, March 23. REPEAT: The 24-hour network version of Disney Junior launches on Friday, March 23.

As noted, this pablum network replaces the inferior SOAPNet, which signs off Thursday, March 22. As if we need another network of bland preschool pablum to bore viewers to infinity and beyond!

What needs to be known:

1. What cable systems will carry Disney Junior?

2. Will the original Disney Channel continue to air their Disney Junior block even after the new network gets underway, or will it come up with other programming to air in the block's place?

Everyone will know these answers come Friday, March 23.

"Waggytoon"Money mouth

Waggytoon

[49]Apr 4, 2012

As everyone knows by now, Disney Junior The Channel was launched on Friday, March 23. HOWEVER, it did NOT replace SOAPNet, as was orignally intended. At the last minute, Disney TV executives decided to launch Disney Junior The Channel as an independent channel on a separate cable channel from SOAPNet's.

Unfortunately, very few people have Disney Junior The Channel. Unless you live in one of the major metropolitan areas in the U.S., you don't have it. Thanks to the change of plans, Disney Junior The Channel has limited carriage.

Currently, all most viewers have of Disney Junior is the daytime block airing on Disney Channel, while inexplicably, SOAPNet remains on the air.

It is unknown if there will be more availability for Disney Junior The Channel at this time.

"Waggytoon"Surprised

mukaw

[50]Apr 18, 2012
    • level: 1
    i think katys last cd really rememberd the shoe play house in disney.

u guys should see her movie! its gonna be sweet!

OFFICIAL Katy Perry: Part Of Me 3D Movie Trailer! http://shar.es/rkFhP

Waggytoon

[51]Apr 19, 2012

Probably the best timeslots viewers who have Disney Junior The Channel enjoy are the ones which have the classic "Dalmatians" and "Lilo & Stitch" animated TV series airing. That is, if they're awake in the wee hours of the morning to watch those shows.

Currently, there are very few viewers who have Disney Junior The Channel due to the plan to replace SOAPNet with Disney Junior falling through at the last minute.

"Waggytoon"Cool

Waggytoon

[52]Apr 23, 2012

UPDATE!: Disney Junior has finally replaced SOAPNet after a one month delay!

The new 24-hour version of the daytime block on Disney Channel is now available across the board. And, as mentioned in the last post, the best time slots are the ones where "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" and "Dalmatians" are airing- albeit being in the early morning hours, before sunrise.

Tune in to Disney Junior The Channel for classic and modern kid programming anytime.

"Waggytoon"Cool

Waggytoon

[53]Apr 24, 2012

I can now tell you Disney Junior The Channel's best block of programming and when it's on:

4:30 AM "Lilo & Stitch :The Series"

5:00 AM "Jungle Cubs"

5:30 AM "Dalmatians"

6:00 AM "Timon & Pumbaa"

You can't go wrong with this block. It's probably the only decent block of programming worth watching on Disney Junior The Channel, even though it is on before sunrise every morning. But it's worth it, as long as there aren't any pop-ups hyping other programming during the episodes.

"Waggytoon"Wink

Gertruda75

[54]Jun 20, 2012
    Disney junior is favorite chanell of my daughter)) Likes to watch Little Einstein

Waggytoon

[55]Jun 21, 2012

I need to mention a couple of things regarding Disney Junior The Channel as of late.

First, "Timon & Pumbaa" has been moved to Weekday mornings at 4:00 AM.

Second, Disney Junior The Channel has been shortchanging fans of "Lilo & Stitch: The Series", "Dalmatians", and "Timon & Pumbaa" by denying viewers some eps of those series, with most of the "Timon & Pumbaa" episodes and some of the "Lilo & Stitch" and "Dalmatians" episodes wrongfully missing from airplay, most notably the rest of the "Dalmatian Vacation" three-part episode. Disney Junior The Channel has left viewers hanging by not airing the rest of that final episode! The network needs to realize that fans want all the episodes of those series, not just a select amount airing, and it needs to change its routine if it wants to stay on the air with their popular pre-dawn animation lineup.

"Waggytoon"Surprised

kareenakocchar

[56]Jul 9, 2012
    Hey everyone!! I hope you all good, and enjoying with your little sweet monsters!! even I too agree with you all, that this Disney channel is a great idea, when we were small , we hardly had any channels dedicated to kids only! I remember there was this cartoon network only, now we have disney channel, disney junior!! Amaira has her fixed watching time that is from 4 pm to 5 pm!! You should not make them hooked to television though!! That day i was watching with her, i thought they have only cartoons to show, but i was in for a surprise for sure!! There were art n craft courses, then there were cookery shows for children, where without gas they can make so much stuff!! High 5 to disney india!! indian kids sitting can enjoy the beautiful world of disneyland!! And you can also try books and board games for your kids!! Picture books, so that they can enhance the imagination and creativity of their children!! I got some from hushbabies!! and my daughter totally loved it!!

Waggytoon

[57]Sep 14, 2012

There have been a couple changes to the Disney Junior The Channel Weekday schedule of classic animated TV series.

"Timon & Pumbaa" now airs at 3:30 AM, followed by "Dalmatians" at 4:00 AM. Also, the animated 'Little Mermaid' series airs at 5:30 AM. "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" and "Jungle Cubs" remain in their current every morning time periods, the only two series airing in the same time periods every morning: "Lilo & Stitch" at 4:30 AM, "Jungle Cubs" at 5:00 AM.

"Waggytoon"Cool