Forums: Children: Who misses the 90s?

dgator7790

[1]May 16, 2011
    • level: 1

I know I sure do. I feel like that's when kid's shows were at their prime. I could just be biased because I grew up then, but I really do think that the quality has gone down hill. What do you guys think? Do you have a favorite kid's show from the 90s? There's this one website that has the top ten kids shows which you can check out here:

http://www.squidoo.com/kidsshows90s

I gotta say, gargoyles and street sharks were awesome.

Edited on 05/16/2011 9:11pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Waggytoon

[2]May 17, 2011
    • level: 13

Fave series of the 1990s: 'Rescue Rangers', "TaleSpin", "Timon & Pumbaa", 'Dalmatians', "Angry Beavers", "CatDog". And those are the best ones!

"Waggytoon"

Waggytoon

[3]May 19, 2011

I'd like to update my list of Favorite Series From the 1990s and list all the main faves from that decade, by season each series debuted.

1989-90: "Rescue Rangers"

1990-91: "TaleSpin", "Tiny Toons"

1991-92: "Taz-Mania"

1992-93: "Raw Toonage"

1993-94: "Animaniacs"

1995-96: "Timon & Pumbaa", "Freakazoid", "Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries"

1996-97: "Road Rovers", "Angry Beavers"

1997-98: "Dalmatians"

1998-99: "CatDog", "Histeria!"

All those were the best of the decade of the 1990s.

"Waggytoon"

TommyWimmer1

[4]Jul 23, 2011
    • level: 3

I'd trade ANY show on Cartoon Network for "Cow and Chicken".

"Darkwing Duck" is 100 times better than Disney XD's new shows.

ktfahel

[6]Aug 7, 2011
    • level: 16
    dgator7790 wrote:
    I know I sure do. I feel like that's when kid's shows were at their prime. I could just be biased because I grew up then, but I really do think that the quality has gone down hill. What do you guys think? Do you have a favorite kid's show from the 90s? There's this one website that has the top ten kids shows which you can check out here: http://www.squidoo.com/kidsshows90s I gotta say, gargoyles and street sharks were awesome.

That is what I say about the '70s...now THOSE were kids' shows! "Josie & the Pussicats", "Amazing Chan & the Chan Clan", the ORIGINAL "Scooby-Doo", "The Banana Splits", "H.R. Pufinstuf", "Lidsville", "Top Cat", "Wacky Racers"...I could go on and on!

Waggytoon

[7]Aug 8, 2011

Of those shows you mentioned, 'Top Cat', "Wacky Races", and "Banana Splits" were all from the 1960s. Now THAT was a decade! "Secret Squirrel", "Porky Pig Show", "Road Runner Show", "Perils Of Penelope Pitstop", "Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines", and definitely 'Cattanooga Cats'. All those from the first decade I had been around. And those were some of the best from that decade!

"Waggytoon"Cool

Thunder

[8]Sep 5, 2012

Why should I?

Oh, and no. I like progressing technology and new ideas for stuff booming. Thank you.

Edited on 09/05/2012 6:47pm

delarius

[9]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 1

Thunder wrote:
    Why should I?

Oh, and no. I like progressing technology and new ideas for stuff booming. Thank you.

Your a real jerk, eh?

Anyways, I really enjoyed turning on the TV to CatDog or Hey Arnold, Instead of freaking SPONGEBOB all the time.

Dunking_dove

[10]Mar 16, 2013

Oh yeah there were loads of great toons back in the 80's and 90's that both adults/kids at heart and kids alike can enjoy. Yeah the quality of the interesting story lines and characters have been going down hill for years. Even some of the styles and the way animation is used as well. But then there were toons that were always a tad corny. But just like eating corn, very comforting to watch. Like a guilty pleasure.

Like PackMan or the Mario Bros cartoons. They were filled to the brim with corny plots but they sure were fun to watch not to mention they have loads of nostalgia for some.

I really don't have the same feelings for the latest helpings of what passes as toons.

SpongeBob use to be a great toon when it came out in the early 2000's but then when its been around for more then 10 years the ideas for the show are going to suffer. The only reason why its still around cause it still brings in the bucks from the viewing 6 year olds.