Forums: Comedy: Don't know the name of a movie

TrevPlatt

[82]May 18, 2011
    • level: 5

In response to hds2011

:

I'm looking for the name of this movie.... It is based back in WWII, it's about these two sisters the older one kinda looks like natalie portman but it aint her or keira knightly anyways these two sisters are like in love with this one guy and he ends up raping the younger sister i think and instead of sending him to jail they take him to the army to serve... anyhow on his visit home him and the older sister fall in love and get engaged or something and then he goes back to the army the older sister goes crazy waiting for him to return from war but he never does and the younger sister trys to tell her whats up you know that he's dead... and the way he died was he was asleep in this gutter thing underground or something and it flooded.... thats all i can really remember oh ya and theres this one part where the older sister and the gu are having sex in the library and the lil sister walks in and watches then and is pist off.... oh and h whole ie he movie isgoing te younger sister is at a type writer telling the stoy or something......... i thin this movie was made i 2000-2006 idk for sure.

Please please hlp me i've nearly went crazy trying to get the name of this movie.

It was Keira Knightly, I'm pretty sure you are talking about Atonement (2007)

IMDb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783233/

Good film.

Edited on 05/18/2011 7:21am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TrevPlatt

[83]May 18, 2011
    • level: 5
    TVwatcher247 wrote:

williamalarice wrote:
    i saw a movie once. the person was having artificial hands and the sales lady gives refuge to him in her home. he impress the neighborhood buy cleaning there lawns. i don't remember the movie. can any one help? Sometimes i keep on changing channels expecting that I'll be able to catch up with that movie.

I'm pretty sure that's Edward Scissorhands starring Johnny Depp. The sales lady is Dianne Wiest.

You're right it's Edward Scissorhands.

LizDixon

[84]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 1

Saw this movie on TV a couple of years ago. It starred: Michael Douglas, Melanie Griffin & Liam Neeson. Takes place in Nazi Germany & Melanie goes in as a spy, under cover, to get her Jewish reatives out & to safety. She gets into trouble & Mchael Douglas, goes in after her to get her out.All works out in the end, but I dearly want this movie..but don't have it's name. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Diesel_9759

[85]Mar 28, 2013
    • level: 9

What was the name of this movie, featuring an evil genie? The evil genie was in something glass (not a lamp), had brown skin, wore a turban and had a beard. It was inanimate at first, but comes to life, in an evil way, where it makes scary noises, scaring all the people who see it. The movie was definitely live action, and it was a feature movie. I don't know what actors and actresses were in it, who the producers of the movie were, what genre it was or even any quotes from it. It definitely wasn't 'Aladdin', as the movie wasn't set in Arabia.

I first saw it (most likely on ITV) late one Sunday night, in 1993 (rhyme unintended) [though I don't know if that's the year the movie debuted in, or if it was made before that].