Forums: Comedy: Question about a Friends episode: Was something cut out in syndication? SPOILER

JohnJSal3

[1]Sep 1, 2012
    • level: 1

I've been wondering about this for quite a while and finally decided to find a good forum to ask about it. In the Friends episode "The One with the Kips," where Joey finds out about Chandler and Monica's relationship, there is a part where either Phoebe or Rachel (I can't remember which one) says to Monica that she heard that Monica saw Donald Trump during her fake trip (to hide the fact that she was with Chandler). Monica responds with something like "Yeah, I saw him waiting for an elevator," and the reaction from Chandler and Joey (and the audience too) suggests that this line is sort of a hint that Monica was actually with Chandler.

Yet for the life of me, I cannot find any part of this episode where this line has any relevance, so it makes me wonder if maybe something else was cut out in syndication that gives this line more context. Anyone know what I'm talking about, or what this line is supposed to mean?

Thanks!

John Salerno

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JohnJSal3

[2]Sep 2, 2012
    By the way, I wasn't able to post in the Friends forum, for some reason, so I had to post here.

Yaspaa

[3]Sep 11, 2012
    • level: 79
    Can't say for sure, but the DVDs I have state that they are uncut, and each have a minute or two that weren't shown on TV, at least in the UK anyway.

AbhishekShukl1

[4]Nov 2, 2012

There are two incidents which led Joey understand that Monica and Chandler were together -- Donald trump and Eyelash .

First When Chandler returns back and Joey asked about this weekend.

Joey: So yourweekend are total burst?

Chandler: No, I get to see Donald trump waiting for elevator.

.....................(after few scenes)

Joey: mr Bing, that hotel, you stayed called and said someone left eyelash colour in your room.

Chandler; Yes that was mine.

Joey: coz i think that you hooked up with some gild and she left it there.

Chandler: Yes, that would make more sense.

-----

Second WhenPhoebe enters in Monica'sApartment(Rachel, Joey, Chandler and Monica were present there)

Phoebe: Hey Monica, i already heard you saw Donal Trump in your convention.

Monica: yeah, when i was waiting for elevator. (See Joey's face) hey Rach, can i borrow your eyelash colour, i think i lost mine.

Rachel: yeah (now Joey understands that they both saw Donald trum while waiting for elevator and that was monica's eyelash colour, which was left in his room in hotel by women he hooked up)