Forums: Downloading Television: Downloading TV Shows (Outside the US)

swiisiou

[21]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 2

If it wasnt for illegal saving of TV programs, the BBC wouldnt have the archive it has now

The BBC destroyed all its own shows, a few are coming to light, but from ex employees who kept the 'wire' it was recorded on

This is the same for old radio programs that hgave been 'discovered' in attics, lofts or even thrown out in to skips

Nearly every old TV/radio program the BBC has was kept illegally (pre 60's)

If they cant sort out the copyright laws, people will always fiind a way iof keeping their favouriite shows, no matter what country they are made or televised in

Hence 2P2 will always be popular, though so called illegal

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

karemdale

[22]Mar 22, 2010
    • level: 1

Hello All,

This is the first time on this site so apologies if I am not adding this in the correct section. I am looking to watch/download a number of different series such as 24, Numbers, The Ghost Whisperer.......... my question is does anyone know the best website to do this from that is free in terms of cost and also viruses.

My preference would also be to not to have to download an application but understand if I have to. I am currently living in Spain but unsure if this will impact it. I am a bit of a blonde bimbo and have never downloaded anything before - please do not get too tehnical for me - lol.

I hope someone can help.

Many Thanks, Karen

ireland1234

[23]Jun 5, 2010

You could try a pay service such as www.AustralianTelevision.info . They have about 15 different proxies in 15 countries.

HOLYMUSA

[24]Jul 18, 2010

Hi,

I ran into the exact same issues... After trying to use many proxys (as I need some for the French TV and other for my favourite American shows) I decided to try one of the "not free" service and I must say identitycloaker (http://www.identitycloaker.com/?a_aid=187) is THE thing. The only issue is it costs about 10USD a month. I saves me the trouble so to me it is definitely worth it!

Musa

Edited on 07/18/2010 12:03am
    Edited 2 total times.

lowryeder1

[25]Jan 11, 2011

ok- so here's the deal , i recieved a warning from my isp about downloading a tv show which is fine - however i could have just

captured it via computer or even used one of many devices that burn to dvd directly - my question is , people like SONY beef

about their movies being copied @ the same time they mfg hardware that does just that - Hmmmmm - finally , how does one know

ahead , which tv shows and movies are still copywrited -- eg : the three stooges , copywrited or not ? yes , i am .... CANADIAN

LSyd

[26]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 17
    lowryeder1 wrote:
    which tv shows and movies are still copywrited -- eg : the three stooges , copywrited or not ? yes , i am .... CANADIAN

Copyright in Canada lasts for 50 years after the creators of the work die. For things like TV shows and movies, this is a bit annoying because everyone listed in the credits needs to have been dead for 50 years for it to go completely out of copyright and most people can't be bothered looking up every single person.

Some countries have a separate copyright period for things like films and TV broadcasts to avoid this issue, and if a copyright expires in the country of origin before it does in Canada, it is no longer considered copyright in Canada. The most important one for you to know would be the US - copyright there expires 95 years after publication for these things.

muffafunkey

[27]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 2

This is obviously a very interesting conversation as it brings forward our innate desire to have control over what we watch in our homes.

There is a lot going on. Personally i find it all a bit confusing, as with most things Internet/WWW the ethical landscape is proportionate to that of the Wild West, or early Australian goldmines. People with haggle with my views, that is taken for granted, however lets see what's going on.

Back in the eighties (earlier ?), even up to today if you still have a VCR you can record anaologue maybe even Digital, (who cares) T.V., plus F.M. Radio. You can still record Radio to tape from the 1960's, lol. Wow, where's the copyright genius controlling that area ?

If you live in Australia, dependent on where you live, the Digital signal is being turned on, anologue off, the Picture of an Anologue Broadcast is carried on the AM band, and the sound on the FM band. Apparently these bands are wanted elsewhere, like emergency services, police, Military...

The reason I said, "Wild West" is as i read this thread sad people quaintly fished for ideas as to how they could steal, borrow, watch T.V. Movies, Music, because the door to all this media is open. You have to be aware of Technology, and sneaky hacking techniques however to walk through that door.

A great situation comes to mind a year, year and a half ago (?) when a clever fellow cracked the code for DRM (Digital Rights Management) on DVD's, using an X Box of all things. I followed with great interest and apologise changing the threads direction more to the DVD, Hardware side of this Topic, T.V. or Visual Media. The Big companies in Hollywood spent a Billion dollars creating that DRM system, which was cracked for a few hundred dollars.

Starting to get the picture, if you know what is going on you control the situation, be it copyright of anything currently owned by a person, in their mind, or their backyard or lounge room, as an example as bad as it gets, Sony infected about a million Computers in Nth America/Japan with a clumsy attempt to stop copying, or breaking Copyright about four years ago, with the infamous Sony Rootkit virus, which gave the template to Rootkit viruses in the wild today.

Once you buy a DVD, which not sure this has been raised yet, you've own it, physically. The content is the creators, the Hollywood company, or Management company, but the disc is yours and you are entitled to copy your disc in case it gets damaged.

Example: You have a three year old child who you spend quite a lot of money to keep entertained, DVD's are part of their entertainment diet, but they (the child) have a bad habit of scratching, playing frisby with, and sucking/biting the disk. Hmmm, so yes it is your right to burn a copy for the child factor, not to sell mind you, but as a backup, just as you can back up your anything youǘe payed for, like Windows OS, etc. Letś not blame the poor baby exclusively, maybe your dog loves those shiny discs ?

I'll be quiet in a moment, but what about India, where there is no such thing as copyright ? And, as with everything I've thrown out here onto the page very quickly, not researched to the exact atomic number, but you can probably beleive what I have written with some certainty, China also has no copyright. Or enforcement isn't up to scratch, their Government isn't too kind to people though so best beware.

It is frustrating at the moment watching T.V. in Australia, a great programme will run a few weeks, then it's gone ! So why do companies keep building Hardware that can tape, oops, write - to your USB drive while your away on holiday, or at the beach, riding your bike, - these great programmes ? Doesn make sense on the one hand all these laws saying what not to do, but you have hundred's of bits of Hardware to purchase that help you steal this intellectual property ?

Bit of a mess, Capitalism riding the Tech world like a monkey in Jakarta stealing cigarettes from a woman's handbag ... no answers just study, study, study so you too can be rich, make laws, and frustrate our T.V viewing habits !

PhilMckrevious

[28]Jun 24, 2011

I know this topic is old but I find it interesting. Is there a legal grey area for sites located within countries with relaxed laws? For example Sweden allows streaming of any television (no film) as long as it is streaming and for all practical purpose not be allowed to be downloaded. You are also not allowed to have ad revenue generated from this. A number of sites now stream to iPhone and iPad so as long as it is available streaming, I guess it is as good as a digital copy.

So are these sites allowed to do this but only within Sweden? I lived in central Europe for a few years and sites like 3click.tv - a good semi legal website that streams on iphone and other devices. Australia from what I understand has limited cable tv and there still are not alot of US shows released there.

It is unfortunate that some people are allowed to watch something for free and others arent allowed to watch at all. These streaming site slice through greed. Just my two cents.......

ZacColbert1985

[31]Sep 21, 2011

I support the industry and the artists by going to the cinema, buying DVDs from Amazon and HMV and I'm also happy to pay for downloads, it's better and safer than illegally downloading TV shows. If you're a little extra anxious about the security of your hardware (like me) then just use a prepaid card which comes with payment protection and install some antivirus software which you can run once you've finished downloading, to check your computer's free from viruses.

jamesfrank232

[32]Sep 27, 2011
    HI FRIENDS, I ALSO WATCH ONLINE T.V SHOWS. I SEE T.V SHOWS IN 10STARSMOVIES.COM IS MY FAVOURITE SITE. IWATCH T.V SHOW REGULAR GREEK. I NEVER MISSED ANY EPISODE............

stud1al

[33]Nov 18, 2011
    lowryeder1 wrote:

ok- so here's the deal , i recieved a warning from my isp about downloading a tv show which is fine - however i could have just

captured it via computer or even used one of many devices that burn to dvd directly - my question is , people like SONY beef

about their movies being copied @ the same time they mfg hardware that does just that - Hmmmmm - finally , how does one know

ahead , which tv shows and movies are still copywrited -- eg : the three stooges , copywrited or not ? yes , i am .... CANADIAN

And as far as dvd prices go Sony are one of the worst.
    I complained to them about a dvd i bought-forget now exactly which one it was- but it was just a few cents short of $40 and the film ran for just 75 minutes with very few,if any,extras.
    Makes me wonder exactly who the pirates are.
    Even SONY admitted the price was a little high.

loldude1

[34]Mar 18, 2012
    • level: 10
    I normally just use a website like oliv3r.net, the files are uploading to free web hosts and come on right after it airs in the USA. Not sure if we should download like that but it has been great so far. http://o3n.tv

VincentCharet

[35]Aug 13, 2012

You should try TvWeb360. It allows streaming of TV shows. And with the proper software, you should be able to save them on your computer and view them anytime.

http://www.tvweb360.tv/

danbenett

[36]Jan 6, 2013
    Ive been rinsing http://www.tvtorrents.tv alot lately
    Got all the old British shows on it Blackadder, Only Fools & Horses & Bottom
    Keeping me amused for a while! lol

ricknixon79

[37]Apr 28, 2013

Daily TV Torrents was always the best for UK TV shows but closed down a few days ago
    Laptop Telly is good for UK shows via the VPN route

http://www.laptoptelly.com