Forums: Downloading Television: Graboid - Have you heard of it?

vampirebite

[1]May 4, 2008
    • level: 5

Since I'm a broke teenager, I can't afford to buy all the dvd seasons of my favorite shows, but I found graboid.com and wonder if anyone else uses it and what they think of it.

I like it but it's kind of lame with the small amount of mb and having to pay to get more.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Angus_Mac

[2]May 9, 2008
    • level: 71
    Isn't that one of those worms from Tremors?

count-chocula

[3]May 14, 2008
    • level: 47
    Graboid? I've seen a few adverts for it at the bottom of TV.Com pages (under sponsered links) but never clicked on it. What exactly is it? A VoD service?

Mads13

[4]May 27, 2008
    • level: 13

Angus_Mac wrote:
    Isn't that one of those worms from Tremors?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

camglobal

[5]May 29, 2008
    • level: 1
    I use Graboid, they are effectively a really slick newsreader. They are great for the free or cheaper packages, but for unlimited I use their source. http://www.tvdl.info explains how they work... They're safe.

steph3099

[6]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 9

I use it for the shows that aren't mainstream or i can't find on the web because of the lack of download ability and stuff...

marysp

[7]Jun 13, 2009
    I use Graboid and I love it! I can tell you right now it's the best place for downloading movies and tv shows. It gives you access to over 150,000 full resolution, full length movies and tv shows. You can choose to stream or download. I always download mine as I store them in my external hard drive which I purchased just to store them all on. I then either watch on my laptop or connect to the tv or I convert them and burn them to dvd. The download speeds are amazing and unlike any other available, I download an 800mb movie in 12 minutes on my 10mbps connection. I think that's awesome. They give you a 4gb no obligation free trial which means you don't have to give them any account details and then If you would like to continue after that you will need to upgrade to one of their three plans which are called silver, gold or diamond. The silver plan gives you 10gb for $4.99, the gold plan gives you 50gb for $14.99 and the diamond plan gives you a massive 500gb for $29.99. I was so impressed with it that I became a paying member straight after my trial and I am on the gold package which suits me perfectly. It's worth every cent. Oh and the Graboid forums are a terrific place to visit for support from more experienced users who are a bunch of really fantastic people who love Graboid and are always happy to help. Just in case you were wondering Graboid contains no spyware or viruses and is not P2P.

waqaschohan49

[8]Jun 18, 2010

If you want to download Graboid go to the website www.smartmovies.us or click on the banner.

Over 150,000 Movies & TV Shows.
    Try Graboid FREE today

DelphineFarle

[9]Sep 29, 2010
    • level: 2

i use graboid sometimes and i am not always please with the quality of the movies that i download to be burn..but like you said those DVDs are expensive where with graboid, i cam download or watch as many movies as i want.. so i guess the good out weigh the bad

hareton13

[10]Jan 5, 2011

I'm a monthly paying customer to the Graboid service/software. It's worked fine for me in the past. And lately, every time I try to open it, there's an error message that says, "GraboidClient.exe has encountered a problems and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I've tried system restore. I made sure the Graboid program is on my Firewall program "exceptions" list. I've tried removing the software, registry cleaning and anti-virus software and re-installing Graboid but it still doesn't work. How can I fix it? I tried to make use of some video tutorials but it was all in vain(

Edited on 01/05/2011 1:01am

MichaelWillia13

[12]Jan 6, 2011

I really prefer to watch via web rather than a software. The overall quality is great (DVD rips or TV caps) and it should stream just fine. Easy to search, too. Just type in the name of the series or film together with watch online and you can start enjoying your movie.

mike101andahalf

[13]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 3

Used it for a while, but found it a hassle due to the length of service time it provided after intial DLing. At ;east, there was a set term limit when I used it back in '08.

waqaschohan49

[14]Apr 17, 2011

You can watch or download movies free without credit card from Graboid this link:

http://www.graboid.com/affiliates/scripts/click.php?a_aid=77206970&a_bid=ea47d8a0

www.smartmovies.us

LedeenHallor

[15]Sep 4, 2011

DONT EVER USE THEM.

I tried and first off its NOT FREE. Its fee for clips , maybe. But any 30 minute show requires a 14.95 MONTHLY service fee, and they will not even cancel my account, and give me my money back after attempting to download a movie, that then wouldnt open due to errors of their application.

RIP OFF!!

Also, they claim they dont actually host any of these videos that they simply allow you to connect to others who host them

why on earth should we pay them a monthly service when they dont even host the videos and on top of that. IT DOESNT WORK.

Forget about getting your money back. Looks like the only way I can stop them is to cancel my credit card and get a new one.

complete rip off. BEWARE!!

nullnull3

[17]Dec 12, 2011
    I don't know what all these nay sayers are talking about but, I downloaded Graboid and loved it. Great selection no credit card required when you sign up, and its free.
    Before I signed up I went to:

www.movietvcube.com

They thoroughly review graboid, and talk about all of its features and flaws.
    They are the real deal guys, go decide for yourself.

www.movietvcube.com

waqaschohan49

[18]Mar 5, 2012

I have been used graboid. Its totally free for trial period no credit card required for sign up.

http://www.graboid.com/affiliates/scripts/click.php?a_aid=77206970&a_bid=ea47d8a0

http://www.smartmovies.us

movies

[19]May 2, 2012

I am paying $4.95 per month for 10GB about 6 movies per month, for me is enough.

You can register for free and I believe they still give you 2GB for free. In the beginning I have registered several times with different email, but then I decided to pay per month.

There is a nice review on this site www.graboid.org, so have a look at it if you want more info.

djknowledge

[20]Sep 27, 2013

Yes!, I have heard of it!

I have been using graboid since 2004 and I still use it!

Great for downloading just about any Tv Show, all seasons right from their pilots!

They've of course went through a lot of changes over the years with different versions of the Client Software.

But I gotta tell ya, nobody on any other site has the download speeds that this site has....."No-One!"

Today is Saturday, September 28th 2013. My internet provider now went up to speeds of 90 MB's per second

making me able to download from Graboid, 11,500 MB's.... That's F@#k#ngincredible! It took me 15 minutes to download a BluRay movie.

Now get this!.....2 minutes,....2 minutes to download a Dvd Quality movie! VLC Player is the best Player if you want the most versatile file player out there and that's all you need with a VGA ith a 1/8 stereo headphone jack to connect to your stereo and Flat screen. For newer computers, HDMI, with HDMI, you connect 1 wire for sound and video. In the end?.....no movies stacked up on your wall!,....just download them and save them to your portable flash drive! WD (Western Digital) makes 2TB ones (Terra Bytes). with a 2TB drive, you could fit up to 1500 movies on it! or 500 BluRay ones!

Just Plug it in, and play! of course you'd have to buy the USB Powered ones, although you could also buy the 3TB Notebook version but you'd have to plug it in an outlet while you're USB in your computer. Oh yea, we were talking about Graboid,......It's awesome, hands down, (Not P2P, and safe!) They have a membership fee, but now it is reduced,....since the end of 2012, it now is 19.99 for the "Diamond" (recommended) a month, that means Unlimited downloading! If you decide to go Diamond, you need to get the highest speed from your ISP so you can get the most out of it,....I can't say much more except "try it out for yourself, and Enjoy!"