Forums: Downloading Television: Legal download for Europe

mag31

[1]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 7

I apologize if the answer is in some other topic but I was not able to find it... I live in France and would like to legaly download some Bones episodes. I tried AOL, Direct2Drive, and I was told the downloads proposed by TV.com are also for US residents... What about Europe ?

Thanks in advance !

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LSyd

[2]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 17
    Most legal download services are only available for US residents because the networks are reluctant to give licenses for such services outside the country.

I don't think any such services exist in Europe, at least for American shows that are on commercial networks. It seems that they're rather successful in the US so far, so they're probably going to become available elsewhere in the future, but you'll just have to wait until they bring them out in France.

nicnac149

[3]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 1

I'm having the exact same problem (with the exact same show) To be honest the fact that season 2 has been shown in Europe already makes me a bit annoyed that i cant download it

janneton

[4]Nov 9, 2009
    • level: 1
    There are some programs to download legal. Even tv series are legal to download there.
    I've wrote a few articles about it on my website. http://friendlycream.com/index.php/legaldownloading

elias_jacobson

[5]Jun 22, 2011
    • level: 5
    I don't think there is any legal way of watching episodes in Europe. There are many illegal ways though...