Forums: Drama: crime shows

poulters

[1]Nov 21, 2010
    • level: 18

Has anyone noticed all the crime shows ie( law & order, criminal minds) plots are molesting young boys or raping young co-eds, are there no other crimes committed.

I miss grissom he really came up with some interesting shows.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

taper6

[2]Nov 21, 2010
    • level: 7

poulters wrote:

Has anyone noticed all the crime shows ie( law & order, criminal minds) plots are molesting young boys or raping young co-eds, are there no other crimes committed.

Perhaps you should stop watching Law & Order Special Victims. That one deals in sexual offenses. I can watch most any show with a story to it, if they don't murder reality TOO much. And I quit Grissom quite some time ago. My main beef with CSI was that they're always performing these scientcy things and never half-way explain any of it. Not too mention they mention they made these scientcy things seem easy and foolproof.

Edited on 11/21/2010 9:58am

xjmx88

[3]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 2

There is a lot more to Law and Order SVU than just that... they've dealt with some interesting topics on that show.

Check out Cold Case, CSI...

TVwatcher247

[4]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 6

This years Detroit 1-8-7 is my favorite new crime/cop drama. Good stories, great cast. I'd say give it a try.

DebraMcClure

[5]Dec 18, 2010
    • level: 17
    Tried Detroit 1-8-7; didn't like it

DebraMcClure

[6]Jan 3, 2011
    • level: 17

While other TV programs went on hiatus, used my Video on Demand feature to re-visit several shows. I actually enjoyed several episodes of Detroit 1-8-7 - leads me to believe the show may get better over time. Here's hoping.

taper6

[7]Jan 9, 2011
    • level: 7

I'm tough on crime shows, L&O is my standard. If they don't match up, one viewing is all I need to stop watching.

grahambza

[8]Jan 13, 2011
    • level: 26
    Blue Bloods isn't bad - I like the family story line

I love the original Law & Order but from time to time some of the other shows make a refreshing change

buddinsleshaman

[9]Jan 19, 2011

Not all crime shows are like that.

A good example of a crime show that, to me is excellent, is TNT's awesome crime drama Southland(http://www.tnt.tv/series/southland)

I have been a fan of this show since it debuted on NBC, and I anxiously waited for TNT to get started with airing the remainder of last season, and wasn't at all disapointed.

The marketing company I work for picked up some of the marketing for season 2's airing and for me it was a labor of love, as I have been a fan of the realistic work that Regina King(227, Ray, Jerry Maguire) and the cast have done for this series.

Edited on 01/19/2011 8:41am

buddinsleshaman

[10]Jan 20, 2011
    DETRIOT 1-8-7 IS NOT THAT BAD.

USANetworkTV

[11]Jan 20, 2011

I agree not all crime shows necessarily deal with the same case material. I work on behalf USA, so I might be biased, but I would certainly recommend our new series Fairly Legal if you want something different. It focuses on a mediator and disputes tackled through mediation (i.e. outside of the courtroom), so you might find the theme of the cases, as well as the resolution tactics to be outside of the norm. It premieres tonight actually at 10/9c.

higgisthegreat

[12]Aug 29, 2011
    • level: 1
    poulters wrote:

Yes. I guess shock value is one of the reasons.

TV shows are no different than business subject to Demand and Supply. If the viewers did not DEMAND that sickening stuff, the episodes slanted in the direction you mention, the SUPPLY, would end.

Basic Economics. We all stop watching ANY program and it would "go away" in 3 months. Advertisers often drop shows no one cares about. SUV is depressing. Never watch it any longer. I don't figure asking to be depressed does me any good.

Criminal Minds is laughble. More like Sci-Fi or Fantasy. "Profilers" carry guns and rush in to solve a serier offender case in 2 days. One guy has like 3 PhDs.

Not a real profiler I've ever read about carried a gun, let alone solved a serial case so quickly by arresting the offender or killing them. Not John Douglass, Hazelwood, or any profiler in history that I know of in America, let alone get in shoot outs with offenders.

It's hard to find a decent "drama" crime show that has any semblence to reality.

kjoyner

[13]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 8

been watching ReGenesis on Hulu. It is about a Canadian based Bio research firm (like the CDC). It is mostly about solving the sources of outbreaks but you get a little crime, a little military, a little science.

vladymyre18

[14]Jul 24, 2012
    can this be watch at online tv? it looks very interesting...

shanerobbed

[15]Aug 16, 2012

Hey Friends,

I'm Shane Robbed and i love Crime TV shows. My favourite crime TV show is Dexter. Dexter TV show is very intresting.

The story is based on Serial killer Dexter. This is reall life story thats why i'm watching this show regularly and enjoyiong

this show reagularly......................

smithgarry

[16]Aug 16, 2012

I love crime related tv show and Breaking dad is my favorite among's all the crime related tv show. in that show i have learned that how situation change the mind of thepeople. I am watching that tv show from the starting of and 5th season of that show is awesome. Breaking bad tv show is now so popular tv show now in these day. 9.4 rating given by the imdb for that tv show.

BryanArmstead

[17]Dec 4, 2012
    I agree, to many to many the same!! I was wondering if any one can help me place an episode to a series, it's a young boy who goes on a killing spree with a sniper rifle and ends up in the bush behind his house wanting to kill his father in the batting cage for pushing him so hard?? It's driving me nuts not being able to remember lol cheers

matthewgiven3

[18]Jan 3, 2013
    • level: 4

Castle stays clear of rape and while I am not sure if you would count it as a crime show Burn Notice does focus on stopping crime and catching bad guys and no one is raped on that show. To tell the truth the attempts by each network to out do each other with the amount of gore and rape they show on screen since CSI came on the air has turned me off most crime shows. You may want to give Sherlock a try,it is very good and doesn't feature rape either.

JoyTheWizard

[19]Jan 27, 2013
    Law and Order: Criminal Intent has always been my favorite because of Detective Goren. Like a person said above, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit has those type of plots.