Forums: Drama: Dawson's creek

Infinitytwice

[1]Jun 17, 2013
    • level: 1

Hello there,

this is my first post! I'm currently watching the first season Dawson's creek ( a little bit late I know ). I wanted to hear your opinions.. Should I continue to watch it or is it a waste of time? I'm currently at the 10th episode of the season and the shows seems good but isn't that interesting. However I always hear people referring to Dawson's Creek as THE teen drama, so maybe the show gets better as it goes on?

Thank you !

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jacks_Son

[2]Jun 17, 2013
    • level: 13

Welcome to an old and possibly defunct, forum. Good luck in trying to get new posters to contribute. Well, your being "a little late" is an understatement. I myself only watched the entire series in 2012, so I know what coming late to the party means.

I'll let you enjoy the series, but I'll give you some pointers. The series is generally well liked from seasons 1-4. It's a toss-up which of the first four seasons is the best. I particular like seasons 3 & 4, with 3 probably edging out 4 by a nudge. Season 5 is pretty much snubbed, and season 6 comes pretty close to season 5 as far as fan favorites go, with the exception of the series finale. The finale pretty much knocked it out of the park and was well received but VERY controversial and basically started a war between fans. I think you'll enjoy watching the series and you may develop your own gripes, but it is well worth the watch. While "Dawson's Creek" is no "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer" as far as trend-setting, it did have its share of fan squabbles and fan followers.

BTW, if you haven't seen it already, and feeling nostalgic for some old teen angst television show, try giving "Party of Five" a go. It's an "oldie but goodie" and introduces some of today's stars like Matthew Fox, Neve Campbell, Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Scott Wolf, and the child star turned major hottie Lacey Chabert. (Please, no hissing at me

Infinitytwice

[3]Jun 22, 2013

Hello! Yea I've noticed that this forum is pretty much dead.. sad though I really wanted to engage in conversaations with Tv fanatics haha.. So I will continue watching and keep in mind your pointers Yea I've heard of "Party of Five" so if I have time I will give it a try!

Thank you!

Jacks_Son

[4]Jun 23, 2013
    • level: 13

You're welcome. Enjoy the series, and keep an eye out for "DC" postings here and at their TV.com forum here:http://www.tv.com/shows/dawsons-creek/forums/

You also may want to try "Everwood", with a young Emily VanCamp ("Revenge").

Edited on 06/23/2013 9:24pm

movietom

[6]Jul 4, 2013

i watched every episode when i was a teenager. i think it's pretty cool for younger people, like high school students. sometimes it's extremely overdone, because of the characters phrases. they talk like grown ups or philosophers and act like children (mostly). like i sad, pretty cool to watch when you're younger. but that's only my opinion