Forums: Drama: Help Bring John Munch Back to L&O: SVU

GlockGal

[1]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 2

Are you tired of tuning in to watch Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, only to find John Munch is missing yet again? There's a reason he's missing: Richard Belzer's role in the show was chopped from 22 episodes down to 13. No reason has been given, but a lot of people suspect it's because of ageism. C'mon...so he's 63. He's still a handsome guy and we all miss Munch's quips on the show.

If you'd like to help get him back on more episodes, and hopefully for more than a 10-second appearance, please do this: Write one letter about how much you love Munch and how you'd like him back on more shows.

Then, e-mail a copy of your letter to Belz's manager:

Eric Gardner, Panacea Entertainment, juno@panacea-ent.com

Then, SEND a copy of your letter to:

Dick Wolf & Neal Baer, SVU, Chelsea Piers, Pier 62/Suite 305, New York, NY, 10011

Let's bring Belzer back to the show he helped launch! After all, he brought over SVU's initial audience -- fans who followed him and his character from "Homicide: Life on the Street." He deserves better than to be cast aside, in favor of Adam Beach/Chester Lake! Thanks in advance for your help.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jekyll

[2]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 86
    It's probably just generic cost-cutting by Dick Wolf. With him now getting far less money from NBC for the other L&Os, he's looking to save money wherever he can.

SweetMissJaye

[3]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 21
    GlockGal wrote:

Are you tired of tuning in to watch Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, only to find John Munch is missing yet again? There's a reason he's missing: Richard Belzer's role in the show was chopped from 22 episodes down to 13. No reason has been given, but a lot of people suspect it's because of ageism. C'mon...so he's 63. He's still a handsome guy and we all miss Munch's quips on the show.

If you'd like to help get him back on more episodes, and hopefully for more than a 10-second appearance, please do this: Write one letter about how much you love Munch and how you'd like him back on more shows.

Then, e-mail a copy of your letter to Belz's manager:

Eric Gardner, Panacea Entertainment, juno@panacea-ent.com

Then, SEND a copy of your letter to:

Dick Wolf & Neal Baer, SVU, Chelsea Piers, Pier 62/Suite 305, New York, NY, 10011

Let's bring Belzer back to the show he helped launch! After all, he brought over SVU's initial audience -- fans who followed him and his character from "Homicide: Life on the Street." He deserves better than to be cast aside, in favor of Adam Beach/Chester Lake! Thanks in advance for your help.

I actually read online a couple months ago that Richard Belzer requested to have his role reduced on the show. Darn it. I wish I could remember where I'd read that article.

I don't blame Belzer for wanting a smaller role. He has been playing the same character for so long. Still...I miss him.

Edited on 01/02/2008 5:38pm

jekyll

[4]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 86
    SweetMissJaye wrote:
    I actually read online a couple months ago that Richard Belzer requested to have his role reduced on the show. Darn it. I wish I could remember where I'd read that article.

I don't blame Belzer for wanting a smaller role. He has been playing the same character for so long. Still...I miss him.

That contradicts a recent article I saw where he said he was told his contract was being reduced without any explanation.

taper6

[5]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 7
    Count me amoung the many who miss Munch. I admit 63 is a little long in tooth for even a detective, in real life, but it seemed to work OK on Law and Order. Especially for Jerry Orbach, though I wouldn't wish any of my favorite actors to 'die in the saddle' unless they wished to. Personally I'd rather miss the 'tortured' Stabler character than Munch.

GlockGal

[6]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 2

Richard definitely does NOT want his role reduced, but they did it anyway. It irritates me greatly, because the reason I watch "SVU" is to see what John Munch will say or do next. Very compelling character.

They'd floated the rumor he wanted a 'recurring' role, but what they said was nothing more than lies. Wolf and Baer should know better than to lie to L&O fans. Truth always comes out sooner or later.

OctoberSky

[7]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 1

Please bring Munch back! Him and Icet make it all complete!

JoyTheWizard

[8]Jan 27, 2013
    • level: 1
    I don't really watch Law and Order:SVU that much anymore because I don't like the new detectives, but I can't believe they would reduce hte amount of episodes Much appears in. Everyone hated when Stabler left, do they want that to happen again?