Forums: Drama: Looking for somethig to watch this summer.

archangelwho

[1]Jun 13, 2013
    • level: 18

Have gone though all of the sci-fi that I want to watch for now and looking for something with a little history in it. Something along the line of Rome or the Tudors but there have to be at lest some basic historical facts. I inderstand that there shows are not history doc but it has to be based on some facts.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jimpickens

[2]Jun 16, 2013
    • level: 2
    Longmire's a good show comes on Monday nights 10PMest on A&E it is kind of a hybrid of a police drama and a western it's pretty good.

archangelwho

[3]Jun 16, 2013

I guess I should have noted that we have Netflix. Will check and see if Netflix has it.

tuyendinhit

[4]Jun 19, 2013
    • level: 1

You can go here to watch movies for free dbphim.com

Edited on 06/19/2013 3:22am

tommy9119

[5]Jun 22, 2013
    • level: 1

The White Queen maybe? I haven't really seen it yet but it seems to be pretty great.

Or maybe The Borgias? Vikings is pretty good too, amazing cinematics. Although I am not sure about the historical accuracy. Lastly I'd like to say The Pillars of The Earth. Although it probably will lack the historical accuracy, it really is a great series.

archangelwho

[6]Jun 23, 2013

tommy9119 wrote:

The White Queen maybe? I haven't really seen it yet but it seems to be pretty great.

Or maybe The Borgias? Vikings is pretty good too, amazing cinematics. Although I am not sure about the historical accuracy. Lastly I'd like to say The Pillars of The Earth. Although it probably will lack the historical accuracy, it really is a great series.

The Borgias I had forgotten about and from what I remember from the reviews the historical accuracy was suppose to be fairly high. Saw ads and reviewsfor the Vikings and came away with questions about the accuracy but I guess I could start with 1 or 2 and see. Thanks. Watched 2 or 3 of The Tudors and it seem more like a soap opera. Which could be a true reflextion of their lives but it is more sex than history so far.