Forums: Drama: Person of Interest-Why aren't full episodes available through CBS.com anymore?

lhcjr

[1]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 5

The only time that I had an opportunity to watch this great show was online. I work nights often and unable to watch when they are originally aired. CBS used to carry previously aired videos, but discontinued the service. Comcast's On Demand service doesn't offerthem either, while they carry many other popular CBS shows (NCIS, NCIS:LA, Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods and Big Bang Theory). Anyone have any insight or comments on this?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SavhCaro

[2]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 1

CBS does not own the series: they must pay for a license to air the show. Warner Brothers controls access to POI (along with 5 other series on CBS).By prohibiting free online access, WB hopes to preserve the value of these licenses for future syndication and cable re-runs.

Kinda makes you, as a fan, feel like you've been kicked to the curb. The show is gaining new fans every day and they NEED a way to get 'caught up'. Fans from the beginning like to go back and re-watch older eppys to see what they may have missed. Many people do not own a TV and use the computer to watch shows (I was suprised how many people fall into this category...at least according to the complaints on the net).

Seems like in the quest to make MORE money WB is taking a chance of LOSING fans...............bad move IMHO...

kjoyner

[3]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 8

Thanks for the info. And I agree with your HO completely.

puertovixan

[4]Apr 25, 2012
    DVR

PLThumper

[5]Feb 7, 2013

Some of us don't have cable or satellite... and why should we pay for something if it's aired over the airways for free for the majority of the other people?!!

thecomedianky

[6]Feb 11, 2013
    • level: 19
    Some of us have a DVR and then the episode gets eaten up by the DVR without having a chance to watch it.

Vicky8675309

[7]Mar 12, 2013
    • level: 15

I can't answer your question about "why" but I do suggest you try googling "person of interest online free". If you have a mac/apple then use that computer so you can feel safer going to unknown sites. I'd give more information but I don't want to get in "trouble".

volvonut84

[8]May 3, 2013
    Vicky gives great and specific advice. Google the quoted phrase and all will be explained.