Ever cried during an episode of any TV series? Please list the name of the show before the explanation, so that we avoid spoilers to people who haven't watched these shows yet. The first one is from a comedy, but I guess I can put it in to serve as an example.
1. The Finale (I know this isn't a drama, but I had to put it there I mean it's my all-time favorite show). This is the first TV series that made me cry!
2. Oh, and I also cried during season 2 when Ross and Rachel broke up, and Ross went on his knees and begged Rachel to forgive him.
1. Anna Stern leaves and "If You Leave" comes on. Seth begs Anna to stay, but she refuses.
2. Ryan leaves (for now) in the pilot episode and looks back and sees Marissa ("Honey and the Moon" starts playing).
3. Ryan leaves for Theresa and the baby. This happens during the season 1 finale. Oh, and when Kirsten cries in his pool house ("Hallelujah" starts playing).
1. Teri Bauer dies at the end of season 1.
1. Gabby cries over her unborn child and lets go of the balloon. That's when I realized that Season 2 is just as good as season 1.
2. Susan cries to Mike in a wedding dress.
3. Bree cries when Rex dies.
1. Vaughn why are you wearing that ring? The season 2 finale.
1. When the main characters Lucy and Carter were stabbed and Lucy ended up dying (Season 6)
2. When Dr. Greene's 1 year old baby mistakenly swallowed an ectasy pill that belonged to her older sister (Season
3. When Dr. Greene died from his brain tumor in Hawaii with his family and the funeral (Season
4. When Sandy died and Weaver's child was taken away from her (Season 10)
5. When Carter's girlfriend, Kem (Thandie Newton) gave birth to a still born baby (Season 10)
6. When that crazy patient was hallucinating that her dead husband was trying to kill her and made her two daughters jump out of a 3 story window, and they both end up dying (Season 11)
7. When that little girl was a patient (Season 12) and she was molested and ended up dying
8. When Chen killed her father to stop his suffering (Season 11)
9. When Peter's nephew died (Season 7)
10. When a surrogate mother gave birth to a brain dead baby and the couple didnt want the baby (Season 12)
- ER...when Carol left in the middle of work, left the twins with her mother and ran cross country to Doug!
BONUS: Doug was actually George Clooney and not a stand in from distance.
90210: When they graduated from high school in 1993, I just done the same the year before and could feel the old friends and me going our separate paths.
- The West Wing
-Mrs. Landingham dies offstage
Law and Order
-Claire Kincaid is dead
-Adam Schiff turns off his wife's life support
-Dr. Auschlander deleriously wanders the empty and soon to be demolished hospital
-Eliot Axelrod dies suddenly
-Dr. Cathy Martin is left catatonic after her rape by Peter White
Hill Street Blues
-Joe Coffey is killed during a hold-up
-Esterhaus dies offstage
-the town reacts to Laura Palmer's murder
-Bree finishes cleaning silverware after learning of Rex's death
-Adrien returns to Trudy's bedroom while visiting her parents
-after taking medication to balance his compulsions, Adrien discovers he can no longer talk to Trudy
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
-the adult Jake Sisko waits decades for his lost father's return
And let me reiterate three that have already been mentioned: Teri Bauer's senseless murder, the discovery of Joyce Summers' lifeless body and Susan Mayer collapsing in the street after Mike leaves her (I was especially touched by the way her friends silently responded to her need for comfort, leaving their homes and converging on their weeping friend).
- The Untouchables:
The reunion between dying gangster Charlie Radick and his long-lost daughter Margaret in the Elegy episode. The Untouchables never had much time for tenderness being a hardcore crime drama but that one scene will bring a tear to the eye of even the most hardened reprobate (such as myself).
- The only dramas I watch currently are Medium, Numb3rs, and Forensic Files. I haven't cried during them. I usually cry during my favorite show, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. It's hard not to. I also cried during the series finales of Quantum Leap, M*A*S*H, and Friends.
• When kem & carter lost their child (series 10)
• When Boon died
• Season 1 finale when ryan left
8 simple rules
• When paul (John Ritter died)
That’s all I can think of now but im sure there’s more
- Last one (I saw this ep like a week ago) was Grey's Anatomy season 2, i think ep 4 at the end where Burke went to Cristina's room, the ep where Cristina was the patient (she lost her child). Grey's Anatomy has a lot sad moments...
- I bowled my eyes out during Fallon's funeral on Dynasty
(I was eight years old)
Laura Avery-Sumner dies of brain cancer on Knots Landing and leaves the gang farewell tapes. That was gut wrenchingly painful to watch.
The series finale of Sisters.
Melissa Agretti commits suicide on Falcon Crest.
The end of the Dead Like Me pilot when that little girl crosses over to that big amusement park she sees in the forrest. I just fell apart on that scene, I reckon it was probably because I watched on the week my niece was born.
Nate's funeral on Six Feet Under.
Too many episodes of the early Ally McBeal years. (getting over a massive breakup at the time)
dear God I could just go on and on... I'm kind of a cry baby
when it comes to Television. Usually happens when I see things that are very similar to stuff that's happened to me. (the less than 'happy' stuff of course)
Ok, enough babble
Just remembered two more occasions. Jack and Bobby last year on the episode Jack's gay friend killed himself and also shed a couple of tears this year on Ghost Whisperer (the twin girls episode)
- ER: Dr Greene's death, and the balloon being let go by his older daughter.
West Wing: Josh's father dying after they had just won the California primary, and Jed meeting him at the airport and offering to go with him to the funeral.
West Wing: Mrs Landingham dying or the news of the high school massacre in 24hrs in America and Bartlet's speech about 'the streets of heaven being crowed with angels tonight' that followed.
- Dude, i f-in balled during the series finale of Boy Meets World . I was freakin sobbing that it is not even funny. It was jus so sad with everyone saying goodbye to everyone, especially at the end with mr. Feeney refusing to say i love you to topanga, shawn, and corey. Then the kids leave and mr. feeney is alone in his room and he say i love you all. that freakin topped it for me. i started crying like halfway through the episode nonstop. i kno the show isnt a drama but i cried so hard on this show, which i never have done with any other shows, that i jus had to mention it.
- i also cried during er when dr. greene died, the oc season finale season 1, and like almost every episode of extreme makeover: home edition. That show(extreme makeover) is o hard not to cry in.
- Gotta go with the votes for Buffy's The Body episode... never been anything more moving put into a TV drama.
No incidental music, no "flashback" montages & no 'heartfelt' homilies - just the raw realisation of death...
- Definately Lost when Boone died. It was so sad! Mainly because Jack was having his whole inner struggle with 'Doing no harm' or whatever. He promised Boone he would save him, then Boone says to let him go. You can't help but feel so sorry for Jack.