Forums: Drama: Saddest moments in a TV drama!

XooKey

[301]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 17

The end of any episode of Cold Case - always chokes me up

Boston Legal - When Denny Crane starts showing signs of Alzheimer's.

NCIS - When Kate got killed

NCIS - when Sheapard got killed

When Farscape got cancelled.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HaystackBat

[302]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 1

HANDS DOWN:

The Season (Series) 2 finale of Doctor Who (2005)

When Rose became trapped in a parallel dimension, unable to get back to the Doctor. Icing on the cake? When he got to talk to her one last time -and burned up a star in order to do it- and he was about to tell her that he loved her when the connection crapped out and he faded away, leaving her standing there on the beach of a parallel dimension, forever seperated from the man (alien) she loved.

That scene RUINED me. I wasn't able to listen to ANY music (even cheerful music) for over a week, as ABSOLUTELY EVERY song in existence reminded me of The Doctor and Rose in some way. I bawled so much when I watched that. I swear to God, that scene had me sadder than I've ever been about a REAL LIFE tragedy.

I'm still effed up over it. That concentration of sadness should be a criminal offence. That's right, someone needs to arrest Russel T. Davies IMEDIATELY and send him to TV prison. David Tennant will be pardoned, as he was only following the script that RTD wrote.

There have been a lot of terrible, terrible sadnesses on Doctor Who. When Christopher Eccleston left, that was heartwrenching but quickly soothed by hte arrival of David, but the other in-plot sadnesses are also numerous. Specifically, the end of season four. Dear God, that was terrible. Painful and depressing and just terrible.

Another? Infinitely less sad, though. Was when The X-Files ended. Not an actually sad moment in the show, but just such a depressing, terrible thing to watch. The ending of any series is enough to pull me into an unreasonable depression. That goes double for BTVS. Not to mention, of course, when her mom died.

Nothing on Lost or Heroes has made me particularly sad, they're just not that kind of show to me. Oh, I guess I cried when Alex was shot.

OOH! The penultimate episode of season four of Supernatural! When Sam and Dean were seriously fighting.

But the ultimate still has to be that Doctor Who moment. I've described it as Bambi x Titanic x 89 million, to the power of , but that doesn't even cover it. I'm sorry I watched that, it's going to haunt me for a long, LONG time. Even though she does find him again, because their reunion is short-lived and bitter and all wrong, and ends badly, making things even worse than they were before, if a bit less pureSad.

A lot of moments in Dead Like Me. And okay, I'm done now. For now. Bye.

laffertyluver

[303]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 15
    Greys Anatomy
    Denny dying
    Izzie and Alex's wedding

One Tree Hill
    Keith's death
    season 4 finale

Scrubs
    Season 8 finale Friends
    Monica and Chandlers wedding
    The last episode
    The one with the going away party

Dawson's Creek
    the final episode gets me every time!

Gilmore Girls
    The last episode
    Rory's Chilton graduation speech
    When Rory graduates from Yale

sara55555

[304]Jul 2, 2009
    Prison Break - when Michael died ((((((((((((((((((

DanielSnow

[305]Jun 7, 2011

In The Heat of The Night: The episode entitled Perversions of Justice when a teacher falsely accused of child molestation kills himself even after being proved innocent due to the fact that he'll never be liked in Sparta.

beowulf579

[306]Jul 9, 2011
    • level: 59

On the show Quantum Leap, Sam had leaped back into his own life when he was a high school student. He tried to save his own family from the various bad futures they would have but couldn't. When Al told him to quit because he was ruining their present it was so hard to watch Sam tear up to tell them he was lying.

On top of that, when Al told Sam you can't change everything (he was referencing the time he tried to get Sam to save his first marriage but wouldn't), Sam looked at Al and told him that he didn't try hard enough. You have to understand that in the show Sam couldn't remember things well due to the time traveling. It was Sam that prevented the change in Al's life. Al looked so hurt when Sam told him that he didn't try hard enough but Al never said a word.

kjoyner

[307]Jul 10, 2011
    • level: 8

ER-Mark Green's death

MASH-final episode

tracey1302

[308]Mar 18, 2012
    My saddest moments:

1. When Billy dies on Ally McBeal
    2. Final moments of Lost 3. When Kate tells Jack she loves him, final episode of Lost.
    4. When Jen dies on Dawson's Creek
    5. When Mitch dies on Dawson's Creek
    6. Season 3 of Friends when Ross and Rachel break up.

ranjo

[309]Mar 22, 2012
    • level: 2

When Chuck ended. i cried when that finished.

When Friends ended.

When freya died in merlin.

Lily_Scott

[311]Apr 16, 2012
    Genzie wrote:

As most of you already mentioned the list below :

- Grey's Anatomy : The Death of Denny, and the acting of Izzie , also the bomb scenes were awesome and priceless.

- 24 : I found the ending scene of 24 season 1 realy devestating..the death of Teri, althought I found her annoying she was such an important part of season 1 and in the life of Jack.

- Desperate Housewives : Susan in her wedding dress crying in the middle of the street while all her friends are walking to her, best scene I have seen in years.

- Buffy : I found despite other commens the episode The Body not realy emotional..I found the last episode realy emotional..that smile of Buffy in the last ep..and Spike and Anya's death, that episode was so well written

- Gilmore Girls : The series finale, it was awesome..especially the scene where Rory tells her mom : mom, you have given me everything I need ( something like that ). Also the scenes when Rory decided to stay at her grandparents place..the last look betweene\ rory and Lorelai was awesome taped

- One Tree Hill : The Death of Keith and the aftermath...also the episode where fake Derek hold Peyton and Brooke as prisoners. And the last ep of season 4..so emotional.

- The OC : I found the last scenes realy great, and alot of scenes in the first couple of scenes, to much to describe, but not a single one of them can tip some of the scenes I have already mentioned.

- Dawsons Creek : The last episode ever made..alot of scenes with Andie and Pacey in it. Joey , Andie and Pacey were by far my favorites.

- Charmed : The death of prue, and the last episode

i agree about "the body" not being that emotional. i didn;t cry, i didn't even feel as sad as i have in other episodes of the show

Lily_Scott

[312]Apr 16, 2012

HaystackBat wrote:

HANDS DOWN:

The Season (Series) 2 finale of Doctor Who (2005)

When Rose became trapped in a parallel dimension, unable to get back to the Doctor. Icing on the cake? When he got to talk to her one last time -and burned up a star in order to do it- and he was about to tell her that he loved her when the connection crapped out and he faded away, leaving her standing there on the beach of a parallel dimension, forever seperated from the man (alien) she loved.

That scene RUINED me. I wasn't able to listen to ANY music (even cheerful music) for over a week, as ABSOLUTELY EVERY song in existence reminded me of The Doctor and Rose in some way. I bawled so much when I watched that. I swear to God, that scene had me sadder than I've ever been about a REAL LIFE tragedy.

I'm still effed up over it. That concentration of sadness should be a criminal offence. That's right, someone needs to arrest Russel T. Davies IMEDIATELY and send him to TV prison. David Tennant will be pardoned, as he was only following the script that RTD wrote.

There have been a lot of terrible, terrible sadnesses on Doctor Who. When Christopher Eccleston left, that was heartwrenching but quickly soothed by hte arrival of David, but the other in-plot sadnesses are also numerous. Specifically, the end of season four. Dear God, that was terrible. Painful and depressing and just terrible.

Another? Infinitely less sad, though. Was when The X-Files ended. Not an actually sad moment in the show, but just such a depressing, terrible thing to watch. The ending of any series is enough to pull me into an unreasonable depression. That goes double for BTVS. Not to mention, of course, when her mom died.

Nothing on Lost or Heroes has made me particularly sad, they're just not that kind of show to me. Oh, I guess I cried when Alex was shot.

OOH! The penultimate episode of season four of Supernatural! When Sam and Dean were seriously fighting.

But the ultimate still has to be that Doctor Who moment. I've described it as Bambi x Titanic x 89 million, to the power of , but that doesn't even cover it. I'm sorry I watched that, it's going to haunt me for a long, LONG time. Even though she does find him again, because their reunion is short-lived and bitter and all wrong, and ends badly, making things even worse than they were before, if a bit less pureSad.

A lot of moments in Dead Like Me. And okay, I'm done now. For now. Bye.

havn't seen that episode, but i gotta now. it sounds really sad

Lily_Scott

[313]Apr 16, 2012

saddest tv moments:

Buffy:

-when buffy dies

-when kendra died

-when cordelia and oz caught xander and willow kissing.

-when cordelia was burning pictures of her and xander

-when oz leaves

-when oz comes back

-willow's speech in oz's car when he leaves (again)

-when riley leaves (i never really liked riley but it made me burst into tears when buffy is there shouting his name but he can't hear her. just for them to end that way was depressing.)

-when buffy dies the second time

-when riley comes back married

-xander and anya's meant-to-be wedding

-when tara dies

-when spike gets a soul for buffy

-when anya dies

-when buffy tells spike she loves him

Angel:

-when doyle dies

-when fred dies

-when cordelia dies

-when wesley dies

-the series finale

Supernatural:

-when their mum dies

-when jess dies

-when their dad dies

-when dean got torn apart

-every time castiel dies

-when sam jumped into the cage

-each time dean has to say goodbye to lisa and ben.

Desperate Housewives:

-when gabby loses the baby and releases the balloon

-when gabby loses lily

-when edie dies

-the scene when nora dies

-when bree leaves andrew on the side of the road

-when andrew convinces austin to leave

-when jenny gives austin a second chance but he leaves coz he got danielle preggo

-when preston finds out about irena

-when lynette finds out about eddie

puertovixan

[314]Apr 25, 2012

moments when i cried my eyes out

desperate housewives: after rex died and bree sat at the dining room table and just lost it.

lost: after michael murdered ana lucia and libby, kate was sitting in the booth in the hatch. jack comes over and sits down next to her to put his arm around her and she tries to shy away from him. he pulls her close and she starts bawling. it's making me cry right now thinking about it.

lost: when jack is stumbling through the jungle in season 6 as he's dying.

lost: the reunion in purgatory and when you're figuring it out.

grey's anatomy: when we FIRST saw cristina lose it and actually cry. and boy did she cry.

i pretty much cry during every single episode of grey's, desperate housewives and one tree hill, but these are moments that stand out to me.

vopboy

[315]May 2, 2012

Two and a Half Men Season 1-8
    Two and a Half Men is an American television sitcom that premiered on CBS on September 22, 2003. Starring Charlie Sheen, Jon Cryer, and Angus T. Jones, the show was originally about a hedonistic jingle writer, Charlie Francis Harper; his uptight brother, Alan; and Alan's growing son, Jake. Charlie's free-wheeling life is complicated when his brother gets divorced and moves, along with his son, into Charlie's beach-front Malibu house. The series' premise was revamped in the ninth season, focusing on Alan moving on with his life after the death of Charlie with help from his new best friend and housemate, Walden Schmidt (Ashton Kutcher), who is also dealing with his own troubles following a bad divorce. Alan, Walden, and Jake eventually bond, becoming close friends, forming a surrogate family unit.
    In 2010, CBS and Warner Bros. Television reached a multi-year broadcast agreement for the series, renewing it through at least the 2011–12 season. However, on February 24, 2011, CBS and Warner Bros. decided to end production for the rest of the eighth season due to Sheen entering drug rehabilitation and making "disparaging comments" about the show's creator and executive producer, Chuck Lorre. Sheen was officially fired from the show on March 7.The ninth season premiere, "Nice to Meet You, Walden Schmidt", killed off Sheen's character and introduced Ashton Kutcher as Walden Schmidt, his replacement.
    In 2011, a news article in The New York Times called it "the biggest hit comedy of the past decade."
    On May 1, 2012, CBS announced Two and a Half Men had been renewed for a tenth season, with all the remaining cast returning.
    http://www.amazon.com/Two-Half-Men-Seasons-1-8/dp/B005KR6NKY/ref=sr_1_11?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1335948479&sr=1-11 $215
    http://www.groupondvd.com/Two-and-a-Half-Men-Season-1-8-DVD-Boxset-DVD-3779.html $74

mamabeansyes

[316]May 10, 2012

The Wire had a few moments that had me in tears. Bodie's death really upset me. I had to pause it and get hold of myself. The scene between Randall and Carver in the police station... chokes me up everytime. "You gonna help me? Huh?" As Carver walks away... heartbreaking. That show in general is incredibly sad.

On The Sopranos, I lost it when Adrianna died. The scene where she came clean to Chris was heart wrenching. The actor who played him did an outstanding job.

kjoyner

[317]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 8

Mark Green's death in ER

Bobby Simone in NYPD Blue